15+ Year Old Account

Installation DVD/CD for Cata

With cata coming soon does that mean the installation discs we have are basically useless? Because the majority of relevant data is on a cata installation discs. Oh and anyone know if there will be a download client at launch?
    You make me smile with my heart.

The WOTLK disc already renders the other two obsolete so you would imagine so.
    I also would imagine so, but I am not from the future

I remember having to re-install BC a couple of times... It was a pain in the ass, having to go through Classic WoW's multiple discs and then BC's multiple discs. And then download the patches... Ugh. Glad they made WotLK self-sufficient on that front.

WotLK's online download wasn't available immediately iirc, it took them a month or something to get the client up and running.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulkesshern View Post
    The WOTLK disc already renders the other two obsolete so you would imagine so.
    I also would imagine so, but I am not from the future
    Are you saying you can reinstall WoW via the WOTLK disk only?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowysaint View Post
    and a couple of patch downloads, yes :P

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowysaint View Post
    Indeed you can.

Let me get this correct: you can Install Vanilla,TBC,WotLK all via wotlk dvd, with only "patches" to DL. (Not download the entire vanil,bc via client download)

Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post
    Indeed you can.
    oh god...those hours wasted....:'(

Yeah, I didn't learn that the WotLK DVD was standalone until halfway through my first re-install (on a friend's PC). Something crapped out in the middle of the BC discs installing, and I said fuck it and just popped in the WotLK disc and it installed everything by itself. I was like "WTF?!".

But for more clarification, yes: the WotLK disc is all you need for a completely fresh install of WoW 3.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper Kazai View Post
    Yeah, I didn't learn that the WotLK DVD was standalone until halfway through my first re-install (on a friend's PC). Something crapped out in the middle of the BC discs installing, and I said fuck it and just popped in the WotLK disc and it installed everything by itself. I was like "WTF?!".

But for more clarification, yes: the WotLK disc is all you need for a completely fresh install of WoW 3.0.
    Oh, in that case... FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU................................... ..

Cool stuff though, gonna tell all my friends who reinst'd to piss them off so i feel better about myself.