Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Velsiri View Post
    Wrong. Overall, Trolls are the best race for a pve rogue. The only way an orc is better is if you are combat specced, dual wielding axes or fists. As far as mutilate spec goes, trolls mop the floor with orcs.

Race :Troll
    Why :Amazing in PvE.
    Usefull for PvE? : Very, Berserking is amazing. More so for Mutilate rogues, but not to shabby for combat either.
    Usefull for PvP? : It's ok, movement impairing durations are reduced, zerking helps out on burst.
    Best for PvE and why : Berserking makes it all worth while. Without being combat, and without the proper weapons, orcs fall behind by quite a bit in terms of damage.
    Best for PvP and why : There are better racials to have such as BE's arcane torrent. Not bad, just not the best for pvp.
    Advantages: Already answered.
    Disadvantages: Already answered.
    thank you very much
    I need to think about it but i think troll is the one

Thanks again

"Wrong. Overall, Trolls are the best race for a pve rogue. The only way an orc is better is if you are combat specced, dual wielding axes or fists. As far as mutilate spec goes, trolls mop the floor with orcs."

Just because I'm a pedantic ass.
    Orc > troll for me using Heroic Bloodvenom Blade by a whopping 1DPS. Although 3 or 4 upgrades ago, Troll > Orc by 1.4 DPS
    It really is that close, but yeh as a general rule of thumb Troll > Orc unless you have a 'perfect' Orc gear set.

Seems fair enough.

Till now most say Troll so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on your preferences - for me its Forsaken equal with BEs then Troll (never tried Orc and will not try Goblin) - those are the only races I play + Humans

Str/Agi/Sta

1. Forsaken 19/18/20 (IMO nothing impressive but still better than Orcs) - Cannibalize kewl in all occassions, Shadow Resist is only against specyfic enemies so nothing impressive, Underwater is mostly leveling, WotF great PvP and PvE + they look incredible (Forsaken were terribly nerfed but they are still my favorite)

2. BE 17/22/20 (best stats little behind Trolls) - Arcane Torrent is great for both PvP and PvE, Magic Ressistance dont need explaination + they look kewl

3. Trolls 21/22/20 (best stats along with BEs)- Beast Slaying is leveling and PvE (nothing impressive), Berserking is quite nice but 3m CD, DaVoodoo is kewl (a little better than Orc anti-stun), Regeneration is fine for all situations, Throwing Spec is nice,

4. Orc 23/17/21 (some may say its equal with UD) - Axe Specialization: Combat Tree and PvE (at least atm - maybe with Cata Combat can finally become good in PvP), Blood Fury is a good AP boost every 2m, Hardiness is nice against stuns + I dont like how they look so they are last on my list

All have good and bad sides. The thing is what style of playing you prefer and how important is the feeling - you will look at your char for a long time. I would never start a char if I dont like the way he looks.
    and we need to wait to see the Cata changes
    Last edited by Heretic013; 2010-06-28 at 01:15 PM.

2. BE 17/22/20 ... they look kewl
    4. Orc 23/17/21 ...I dont like how they look so they are last on my list

:U Are you mentally unstable?

Troll imo. I think they look the coolest for rogues and you stand out from the 75 percent ud's. Beserking is great and if you have played mut/prep pvp you know one of the big drawbacks is mobility which shuffle helps. BE is the better pvp race but troll isn't bad.

---------- Post added 2010-06-28 at 01:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Andunae View Post
    "Wrong. Overall, Trolls are the best race for a pve rogue. The only way an orc is better is if you are combat specced, dual wielding axes or fists. As far as mutilate spec goes, trolls mop the floor with orcs."

Just because I'm a pedantic ass.
    Orc > troll for me using Heroic Bloodvenom Blade by a whopping 1DPS. Although 3 or 4 upgrades ago, Troll > Orc by 1.4 DPS
    It really is that close, but yeh as a general rule of thumb Troll > Orc unless you have a 'perfect' Orc gear set.

Also combat is rarely starved for expertise.

I play male undead for the simple reason that it looks so badass! I was originally a Blood Elf Rogue, but changed to Forsaken once they released the race change option. The racial is useful when I PvP, and even though I don't have the haste racial like trolls or AP racial, or any weapon specialization, I usually have my spot at the top of the meters. So dps for PvE isn't that much of an issue. Judging by numbers, I should be an orc considering I am an axe-wielding combat rogue. However, I like the Undead look so much (especially in T10), that I will stick with undead!
    "There is a fly in the ointment. Shit has hit the fan. The lion will speak!" - Saul Silver

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haté View Post
    :U Are you mentally unstable?
    try to guess mate..
    of course I am! >(

btw - its Forsaken as nr1 (and they look much kewler xD)
    Last edited by Heretic013; 2010-06-28 at 01:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Undead, if you disagree.. you are doing it wrong.

( Looks > All )
    Faith Alone is Not Enough to Stop all the Enemies of the Light!
    - Retribution Paladin since 2007.

Burning Blade EU

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Jesus christ, I just agreed with Jaylock. I need to go and have a shower.

Deleted
    arcane torrent as blood elf is quite usefull tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Darchow View Post
    Undead, if you disagree.. you are doing it wrong.

( Looks > All )
    There is a thing called modelediting. Might be against eula but i have never heard of anyone getting in trouble for it.

Blood Elf:

Blood Elf Females look sexy
    Arcane Torrent = Bigger Burst
    Arcane Torrent = Free interput not on GC
    Arcane Torrent = Pew Pew Casters in PvP
    Arcane Torrent = Extra interput appart from Kick

Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    always UD
    ud rogues are always alive when a raid wipes

Orc if combat and Troll if Assassination.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miralynn View Post
    'Hardcore' raiders remind me of my two-year-old. "Yes, I put it down and I'm not playing with it anymore, but YOU CAN'T TOUCH IT MINE MINE MINE MINE!"

In PvP & PvE : Goblin
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Yelling at the leaky gas tank is much less effective than patching it up.