Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Oh hey look. My realms down for twenty-four hours.....

*cocks gun*

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea we have about 20% of our raiders who cant raid at all since last patch. Hope this one fixes their issues.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kcquipor View Post
    Europe will get no patch

SERVERALERT:Weekly Maintenance, 30/06
    This Wednesday all European realms will be offline from 00:01 until 12:00, Paris time.
    Additionally the Armory, Account Management, Blizzard Store, Forums and the rest of our website will be unavailable from 03:00 until 05:00.
    Thank you for your patience and understanding.

So no ruby sanctum for US :P
    To me thats a Patch incoming message...

Quote Originally Posted by Lausten View Post
    Yeah seems so, but well, we get to be in Dalaran without major crashes, thats for the Americans..
    wait, are you saying WOW IS GONE TO THE AMERICANS!?!.

seriously though, 24 hour maintenance, that's just insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajaxthegreat View Post
    It isn't the server crashing, it's the client. They screwed up royally and introduced a memory leak in 3.3.5 that causes crashes in Crystalsong Forest and Dalaran that are particularly frequent in 64-bit systems.
    Ugh... memory leaks are bitches to find...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dporem View Post
    To me thats a Patch incoming message...
    It is, time is now 12 hours. never been that long ever. So we as in EU can prob download the patch after 12 o'clock

Soooooo they wait to release ruby sanctuary so more people have a chance for world first? yet now the people who cant play for 24 hours+ are going to be behind and probably wont have a chance for it?

Check this out... forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=13817254858&sid=1

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vesa View Post
    Soooooo they wait to release ruby sanctuary so more people have a chance for world first? yet now the people who cant play for 24 hours+ are going to be behind and probably wont have a chance for it?
    I was thinking the same thing when I saw the message for 24-hour maintenance on my realm. But now I realize that my realm sucks for anything progression related, so I kind of stopped caring. Sucks for the realms that would have had a serious chance for it had the 24-hour maintenance not been this week.
    "Welcome to Orgrimmar. Have you come to serve me whores?"

I've got a feeling that either the login server may be bogged down again like last week, and/or the servers that are up are going to be flooded with people making new characters while their servers are down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajaxthegreat View Post
    It isn't the server crashing, it's the client. They screwed up royally and introduced a memory leak in 3.3.5 that causes crashes in Crystalsong Forest and Dalaran that are particularly frequent in 64-bit systems.

Code:
    This application has encountered a critical error:

Not enough storage is available to process this command.

Cause: From what I've seen, it's related to a 64 bit OS and higher than usual memory usage. I have also read reports of people using Windows 7 32bit getting similar error.

The following method has been tested and verified to fix the issues but this is technically against the Blizzard TOS as it requires a 3rd party tool to fix their fuck up.

If you are not comfortable doing this, simply turn down your graphics - mainly view distance - as that will consume less memory. The out of storage issue arises from hitting the 32-bit application 2 GB address limitation.

Solution:
    http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=6510

Download that file. MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR WOW.EXE!! Rename it WoW.exe.original; put it elsewhere; JUST BACK IT UP. Once you have the backup made, put a copy of the WoW.exe into the 3GB ENABLER folder. Rename it "Fallout3.exe" and open the "Startme.bat" file. Some stuff will appear on-screen. Press any button to continue. Once you're past that prompt, press the "A" key on your keyboard. This will add the Large Address Aware flag. Rename the EXE back to WoW.exe and put it back in your World of Warcraft folder. If you did this right, the crashes will stop.

***UPDATE***

Blizz has stated that this is against the terms of use. It is a slight alteration and the risk is minimal; however, THE RISK IS STILL THERE. For reference purposes, I'll leave the thread intact; however, please read Martyt's post before doing anything:
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...=1&pageNo=2#27

I hold no liability for what happens beyond this point.

I hope the also fix flight form. You still get punted out by knockbacks.

"We're just fixing an issue that made 3.3.5 use more memory than previous patches."

That's what a GM (Datth) said about this patch in this thread:
    forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=25552505632&sid=1&pageNo=57
    Post # 1132

10+ Year Old Account
    Now do you guys in Europe see why we got the patch first?
    :P

no server for 24 hours on my 1 day off work this work! gotta love blizz. o wells, time to do some fishing through monter oil slicks. Thanks BP!

RS will be opened when EU got the patch

Quote Originally Posted by Gunmist View Post
    Oh hey look. My realms down for twenty-four hours.....

*cocks gun*
    Do as I did when my server was down. Roll on a dif realm!

So when they mean some Relms will be down they actually mean all the relms?..because there all are down.

I wonder if this will also solve the issue of polymorphing a flag carrier. When they are broken out of it they no longer show the flag on there character.

Oh and EU is not 2 patches behind. They are 1 patch behind as these fixes will be installed at the same time. If they do it right they will write it as 1 install so you don't have to download and install twice.

The LA Data Center went through this 24 hour outage 2 weeks ago, every data center will get the upgrade and the 24 hour down time. It's just the way it works, go outside for crying out loud.

I am betting that RS will go live about like they did with the release of the xpac - at such and such a time, the boats will arrive. So at such and such a time, the sanctum will open, and world first guilds will get plenty of notice so they can compete for it. Seems logical to me, since this is the absolute last boss before the next expansion and nobody was truly on equal footing since Wrath release.