Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Disappointed about auto quest

I'm not sure about you guys but one of my most favourite things in WoW is turning quests in after that long run back to the NPC.

Do you think they will still allow you turn it into the npc itself after the objective is completed?

10+ Year Old Account
    I allways liked the current system. It allowed/forced you to have breaks after doing 5-10 quests somewhere to sell your stuff, do something else, grab a drink/bite etc.

The new system would only create longer quest grinds.

15+ Year Old Account
    Watch out guys, the sky is totally falling!

Auto quest? So does this mean in cata once you get the objective done you automatically can turn in the quest out of thin air?

10+ Year Old Account
    CHANGE IS SCARY!!! SRSLY!!

((this sentence is to keep vbulletin from fucking up mai caps lock))
    Last edited by I stand in fire; 2010-06-29 at 03:20 PM.
    I'm just a fan of a brand new wiki: pcgamingwiki.com
    A one stop place to help you get your favorite PCGames not only running on your machine, fix issues you might have, find the latest patches from the developers or fans, and more.
    It's a brand new site, so help out by contributing.

I don't think it's as bad as you say it is.

It'll be more like

"Kill 10 boars"

*you kill 10 boars, go to the guy and receive a burst of xp and some silver*

"okay now go kill 10 greater boars, they're right next to the boars you walked out really far to reach"

to

*kill 10 boars, receive a burst of XP, kill 10 greater boars, go to the quest guy to receive the last bit of xp and some more silver*.

They're trying to get rid of redundant traveling, not immersion. They wouldn't get rid of more immersion after the teleportation feature of the dungeon finder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    You are correct that a lot of players moan about things being too easy without having seen the content personally. We definitely place less emphasis on their feedback than on people who have actually tried those encounters.
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...=1&pageNo=4#72

Quote Originally Posted by DevilHeart View Post
    I allways liked the current system. It allowed/forced you to have breaks after doing 5-10 quests somewhere to sell your stuff, do something else, grab a drink/bite etc.

you don't have a free will?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rellidor View Post
    Auto quest? So does this mean in cata once you get the objective done you automatically can turn in the quest out of thin air?
    that seems to be how it works

at max level we have no reason to leave main cities and whilst levelling we have no reasons to visit quest hubs anymore.
    This game should just become one big piece of terrain with a big arrow in the sky pointing you to the npc who will fully ding and gear you for 2g !

from a logistics point of view this is retarded. Like sereously it might make questing "faster" but i think you should be able to turn it off.

Then again no one would do that because we all want questing to go faster

NDA prevent full explanation.

CERTAIN QUESTS WHERE THIS MAKES PERFECT SENSE ONLY stop sodding panicing, the sky isnt falling

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rellidor View Post
    Rumor has it that yes, you will be able to complete the quest and get the follow up when not at the actual quest giver. Who knows how this will work with rewards for the quests. Personally I hope quest chains start at a quest giver and continue from objects you find at the questing location with all the gold and loot rewards back listed until you hand in the final quest back into the quest giver. This system could be designed and implemented incredibly intelligently.

Anyone who actually enjoys having to travel across the zone to hand in a quest only to be sent back for an item you were standing right next to is a moron.

Just another example that if Blizzard makes ANY CHANGE (good or bad)...ANY CHANGE AT ALL...people will still QQ about it.
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiya View Post
    Just another example that if Blizzard makes ANY CHANGE (good or bad)...ANY CHANGE AT ALL...people will still QQ about it.
    Amen... a month ago people are complaining that leveling is too slow...
    It's just a game.

Yeah I totally agree it gives you that moment of relief from going for non stop for an hour or slow completing all of them plus who the hell cares about running back and then going to the same spot when u can freaking fly!
    Last edited by Jostin; 2010-06-29 at 03:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiya View Post
    I don't think the change itself is the problem... Just... It makes no sense. If you're not running back to the quest giver where on earth are you getting your extra XP and stuff?

Not to forget that I kinda like having 10 quests completed and turning them in to lol at my XP bar skyrocket.

Why can't we just admit it? We won't stop until the blood is flowing.

Quote Originally Posted by Odexy View Post
    It makes no sense.
    Remember kids..this is a game...and sometimes games dont have to make complete sense
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

So, uh, what hasn't been complained about?
    I always wonder why people try to hurt me
    No happiness in their own lives
    So they act out all their jealousy

Lore ftw, I'll have mine turned off the first time 'round. If possible.
    Cake!

You don't take breaks on your own? You need your questing to decide when you can drink/eat? Umm.. you might live and breathe this game a little to much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragelicious View Post
    Mute yourself. You happen to be dumb atm.