Poll: Do you like the fact that you play WoW?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by snowblind View Post
    Once The Old Republic comes out, barring it being terrible, I'm gone. Not that I'm a huge Star Wars nerd, because I'm not... nor do I hate WoW. I just feel like I've played it long enough.
    This.

Signature made by LRCollier

My friends tell me I play too much and I sometimes get scoffed at for playing it, but TBH I think it makes no difference if I'm playing DotA or WoW (or any other game for that matter).
    My mates are not as hardcore as me but we do all game. Aside from that we also go out and have a social life :P

Most of the time I'm raiding they're doing their personal hobbies as well, and only on REALLY rare occasions I choose raiding over doing something with them (last time was first LK10 man kill).

I voted hell yes cus i really enjoy wow. and ill be damned if anyone ever gives me grief for it.
    Ill break when The Old Republic comes out cus i am a huge star wars nerd. But i wont quit. I still have mad ass fun with wow.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

You're not right.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    I voted no.

I care about my image. If you can honestly admit to be proud of being an addict to this you are either asocial or your 'friends' are in the same scene.
    I'm proud of playing it, and I'm NOT an addict. Playing WoW doesn't mean that you're addicted to it. I play whenever I wanna and whenever I can. I don't grind gear, mounts, achievements or titles if I don't wanna do it, if I do, then I'll do it whenever I want, I'm not gonna play 8 hours in a row to get it. I'm not gonna miss a real life event for it either. If I can't enter in a raid instance because my gear isn't good enough, then I'm not gonna do it, and I'm gonna play another game. I won't grind gear for one or two months, just to enjoy it three hours, then to have to do that same raid again and again to be able to do the heroic version.

So, yes, I'm proud of playing the games I like without being addicted to them.
    And by the way, if you don't like the fact that you play WoW, then why do you play it? If you can't stop it because you're too addicted, then I wonder what you'd do if you'd start smoking :/. It isn't hard to control yourself while playing a game, or to stop playing it, even if you're retarded. A game is a game, you won't have headaches, and you won't feel bad if you stop playing it. It's even great to quit WoW, because you can make money by selling your account. If playing WoW is fun for you though, then it's not that you don't like the fact that you play this game, it's that you're scared about what other people may think about that. But then, in that case, you, yourself, the person that wrote that post, like the fact the you're playing WoW.

Or is it because of your online friends? You have Ventrilo, MSN, Xfire, Facebook, and a whole bunch of sh*t to keep contact with them.

You sir are either a weird person, or a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    Simple, yet maybe not so simple question: Do you like the fact that you play WoW? Ergo, this is not a question if you like WoW, but rather if you are content with yourself about playing it.
    Simple answer: Yes

Edit:

Once The Old Republic comes out, barring it being terrible, I'm gone. Not that I'm a huge Star Wars nerd, because I'm not... nor do I hate WoW. I just feel like I've played it long enough.
    Also, this ^

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dakeshi View Post
    My top grade in English laughs at all the others.
    Same here
    WoW helped me a lot and I always had A's in English because of it. Then I was really happy about that when I moved to the U.S. (from Quebec, Canada) xD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Br0lle View Post
    This.
    Check out this TOR game-play sneek-peek: http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/e3-multiplayer-demo

Somehow it reminds me more of Guild Wars but the action looks pretty intense.

I enjoy my time in WoW, so no, I don't regret or despise the fact that I play.

But... being proud? I'm a little puzzled why some people in this thread feel pride for playing a video game.

I feel pride for my academic, work and personal accomplishments, I'm proud of family members and friends, but I... I can't even imagine how that can even remotely be compared to playing WoW.

For all the people sayin "well if you aren't proud of it then why do you play and visit fansites?"

Imagine you are a pedophile, just listen cos i do have a point here haha, you may not be proud of being one and obviously don't go telling your friends and you still visit the websites even if you hate it. You ain't happy with what you do, but it's your hobby and you do it regardless.

Vulgur analagy but i think it gives a good example

I can't believe i have to say this now, but i aint a pedo, i was just making a point :P scouts honour!
    "I wanted this to be professional, efficient, adult, cooperative. Not a lot to ask. Alas, your Mr. Takagi did not see it that way... so he won't be joining us for the rest of his life." - Hans Gruber (Die Hard 1988)

Quote Originally Posted by Truthteller View Post
    your pokemans avatar tells a different story
    Haha i kinda walked into that one i suppose. Time to cut my losses and run fromt his thread
    "I wanted this to be professional, efficient, adult, cooperative. Not a lot to ask. Alas, your Mr. Takagi did not see it that way... so he won't be joining us for the rest of his life." - Hans Gruber (Die Hard 1988)

Yes and no, I like that I have something to fill in my spare time with, but I also hate that I have to keep it a secret from my friends in case they judge me and think I'm some kind of psycho-nerd thing!

It's fun. But there are a few things I would rather be doing. :P
    So content I guess.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

Blizzard owns my soul now, I must play WoW forever.

Well, I guess I could go out and get hammered every other night.
    Or take up a life of idle petty crime.
    Maybe dabble in drugs 'till the point I think I can fly.

Y'know, alternate forms of escapism and all that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I went with undecided. I mean, i think it's a fun game and all, but if i like the fact that i do play this game? I don't know, it's not like i walk up to people at a party and start talking about WoW. But if people ask, i'm not to ashamed to admit to playing it either. Someone who judges me because of what i like to do in my spare time is a person i'm not really interested in getting to know though, so it's ok. I guess that's how it works for most of us, we dont really bring it up but if someone asks we answer truthfully.
    Last edited by Facedesk; 2010-07-05 at 05:26 AM. Reason: Added some thoughts
    "Should i trust this fart?"-Brian Redban