Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by dddmaster View Post
    use some cc
    Hmm, on 25m trash we just pull the mobs that cast the aoe from the other mobs. I (Feral Druid) tanked all of the melée mobs, by running into the group of mobs aoeing while the other tank (warrior) got MDs to get the casters on him. Single targeted the commander (when there was one) then the melée mobs and then slowly pulled 1 mob at a time from the other tank so that they wouldn't all aoe. I know that the caster mobs can be stunned so I also assume that all of the others, maybe except the commanders can also be stunned. We used 5 or 6 healers.

Important points to remember:
    Melée mobs cleave
    Casters aoe when more than 1, maybe more than 2 people (INCLUDING PETS)
    Have the tanks spread out

Using CDs effectively ftw.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by webdonkey View Post
    normal mode... KEK

hard mode... KEK

lets face it... its one mean dragon with icc abilities implemented...

way to go blizz, must have been hard to make... like a revamp of naxx

wow should be free cause of major fuckups like this, maybe then we wont care
    There is no hardmode in Ruby Sanctum, only normal and heroic

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    There is no hardmode in Ruby Sanctum, only normal and heroic
    Heroic modes and hard modes are not different things.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's a nice filler instance. The normal mode is easy (for people in ICC hm gear) and the hard mode needs some work tho I gues it isn't that much of a challange for those who did LK 25 hm ... tho still it is some kind of challange in my oppinion. My guild so far isn't working much on RS 25 hm since LK 25 hm is our prio and summer time somehow limits the time available to raid (I will be so happy when those Football Championships are over).

As for trash mentioned in OP - they aren't hard but they are tricky and we also wiped on them on alts. The key is to split them in 2 groups (doesn't really matter much what kind of groups) - they can't stand together since the Commander does gives them some buff that inscreases their dmg for each ally standing in close range.

Never ceases to amaze me how many people still play this game when they clearly don't enjoy it. If you only ever find yourself bitching, moaning, qq'ing, whining and crying about WoW, how easy it is, how it panders to casuals, how every new content update is simply filler, etc, the solution is so simple you'll be astounded. It's so simple even hardcore LK-25 hard mode farmers can do it:

1) Uninstall WoW
    2) Stop buying game time
    3) Cancel your WoW Magazine subscription
    4) Cancel your Wowhead premium status
    5) Remove MMO-Champion from your favourites
    6) Leave the fucking rest of us alone

Please.

I like Halion quite a bit. My guild is a 10man guild working on H.LK and H.RS is still quite engaging.

The fight mechanics themselves were interesting enough. Standard dragon formation and I like "don't stand in the fire" mechanics that you can control the placement of. The Shadow Cutters have killed us a few times, especially on hard. The cross-realm fire and shadow patches on heroic surprised us (we don't read strats) and we're still working on refining that. All told I think it's an appropriate filler boss. It doesn't measure up to H.LK, but that's not its point.

You dont like it because its difficult for your guild?

This is what wrath is doing to people.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I am not an amazing hardcore player. I pug ICC each week and if I get to 6/12 it's classed as a success. Few hours each week is about all I can dedicate to the game. But inhave to say last week I found a RC10 pug and joined for shits and giggles.

The group handled the trash without issue, on Helion the transition between phase 2 and 3 tripped us up a fair bit. I spent 2 hours wiping on the boss and in all honesty it's been one of thr best raids I've done since I decided to leave a guild and only pug. We never downed him in the end but the mechanics made the fight bloody intresting the rest of the raid had patiants and understanding. While we learnt the fight the old fashion way. Through trial and error.

As MT I would say the mechanics of this fight are pretty straight forward and fun. But by no means faceroll. All in all it's some nice filler content for the days when I have had my ICC pugs disband over some trivial loot drama on saurfang. Or this week when thr rl ninjaed the spyglass from gunship 10man.

For those of us on low pop servers without a good guild to back us up this fight is by no means easy but not a major cock block either. All in all I would like to say in this players eyes quite a sucess

Deleted
    I'm a little disappointed. Would have loved for the other 3 bosses to be actual bosses, a bit of difficulty and some loot rather than glorified trashmobs.

The halion fight is fun, but not particularly difficult on normal (Havent got HM down yet though). Just wish there was more to it, that's all.

I was dissapointed that after 7 months we got 1 boss =/ Could've been better but it was a decently entertaining fight, the trash was boring as hell however.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dingolicious View Post
    I'm a little disappointed. Would have loved for the other 3 bosses to be actual bosses, a bit of difficulty and some loot rather than glorified trashmobs.
    I actually have a comparission of povs here. I did RS with my main ICC25/ICC25hm gear - was a walk through. But I did also with alts - mostly badge geared with some random ICC normal items (very few of those). The difference is quite a bit. After doing those mini bosses with mains it was zerg mode where we didn't really have to care about all the special abilities the mini bosses had ... on alts this carelessness actually wiped us few times. They are not hard but I would say for sure some challange for pugs or less geared guilds.

The halion fight is fun, but not particularly difficult on normal (Havent got HM down yet though). Just wish there was more to it, that's all.
    Hard mode is really fun. Haven't tried 25 man yet but did 10 man yesterday. Really tought from healer pov and quite annoying for a caster :P (a nightmare for an owl - all those wasted eclipse )

Anyway, what I do like about the fight is that it's much more about personal performance than min maxing the set up. You don't really need replenishment (tho mana was tought at times especially since I decided to HoT myself while running away with debuffs). You also don't really need much dps synergies since people are spread a lot anyway. Plus a fight where you run so much and need to make breaks isn't about pure dps so much. Having ToT/MD is handy but we did okeish without them with our early group set up so I gues it's doable without it.
    Last edited by Lilija; 2010-07-12 at 10:58 AM.

I think it is much like pp in icc. Not too hard however not forgiving to mistakes.

Also the 10 men loot is lack luster

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsey View Post
    Also the 10 men loot is lack luster
    For those for whom the fight is easy due to gear I can agree. I myself prolly won't do that fight again ... unless someone really wants me for achi but then again this fight is annoying for moonkins so I might pass. But I don't mind. It's so hot outside that I prefer to read a book than raid at times so I will be glad if I can minimize it to 25 mans.

10 man loot is 271 from the hard mode, I'd say that that's more than good enough considering the difficulty of the encounter and the fact that it provides gear to specs that did not previously have well itemised gear for certain slots.

RS is finally a raid that is not a walk in the park, again. even on normal mode you are supposed to wipe if you're doing it wrong. and thats good. it may take some time until the players get used to the fact that they have to LEARN something and EXECUTE correctly before killing a new raidboss again. it was "normal" some time ago.

ps:
    you have to look closely what spells and buffs the mobs use/have. then you need your brains and come up with a strategy to minimize incoming raid damage. ;-)

Personally unimpressed by RS. Haven't had time to focus on hard mode RS 25 yet but I've downed regular 25 and hard mode 10. Will be trying 25man Hard Mode this week.
    ~ Never switching off the boss to kill adds and blinking into defile; the story of Swizzle.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinmaul
    Never tell the truth if it's going to make you look bad. You tell them you are an officer in Paragon and that you are fluent in Finnish. Then you can say you are used to long grinds and doing whatever it takes to ensure a big finish.

Judging by the completion curves, this raid instance wore out its welcome in just 1 week. Blizzard still hasn't figured out what it can get people to bother to do at the end of an expansion.

fun filler boss but the 10man loot is seriosly disappointing. why spend all that time clearing trash when the boss drops useless gear?