Thread: Keybinding

Lightbulb Keybinding

Hey guys, looking for some help / opinions. I'm a ret pally who doesn't pvp and I've clicked since the beginning and now I was thinking about keybinding because everyone seems to say it's better and such, so I was wondering if it's worth it and how to actually do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Extract View Post
    Hey guys, looking for some help / opinions. I'm a ret pally who doesn't pvp and I've clicked since the beginning and now I was thinking about keybinding because everyone seems to say it's better and such, so I was wondering if it's worth it and how to actually do it.
    It is worth it. In every way.

Get bindpad.

Depending on how seriously you take this game you'll either thank yourself immediately for keybinding or down the road.

Yea I can't imagine not using keybinds. Makes reaction time so much quicker, not to mention playing is kind of easier and you can multitask better (eat burritos and drink beer) while playing. At least 1-6 or so for key ablities that you use very often. However, having a multi-button mouse is very nice too for binds because it allows for many more abilities to be readily on demand and bound. I personally use a logitech with 8 buttons, I've seen as many as 16 which seems uneccesary to me, but having at least 4 is definately useful.

As for howto actually do it, you go to the "keybinds" option in the main menu. Each button on the default bars has a default key that it's bound too, you merely need to find on the keybinds list the current bind for the given slot, click it, and press the desired key you want to bind that slot to. Proceed to move the ability you want from your spellbook onto the bar in that slot.

I'd recommend organising your abilities in some fashion from the start. How you do this obviously depends on what is comfortable for you, but it's good to learn the muscle memory of what keys are where right from the start.
    Last edited by Dhurn; 2010-07-01 at 01:14 AM.

Alright, I'll give it a whirl. Thanks for the help =)