Thread: Troll Druids

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Troll Druids

first off i cant post a picture in a thread to save my life so yea....

i love the new troll cat model looks great with the mohawks, amazing really... then i realized why, anyone els (ie. FFXII fans) think there looking at a picture of Red XIII? just sayin...
    Worgen Druids
    Now we Have Shapeshift in our Shapeshift, so we can Shapeshift while we Shapeshift.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    haha. I never even though of that.

But yeah, the only complaints that I've seen since the Alpha leak of the Troll forms is that the colors are a little bit exotic. However, from a design viewpoint, the colors have more overall synergy than most other Druid forms.

It has me second guessing switching factions to play a Worgen Druid.

To me, the Worgen Druid models looked un-inspired, and looked very similar to the NE model only they added a little armor & made the face ferociously plain. In which, I don't understand how they took a race that was a beast to begin with & gave its Druid models more personality than the other Druid models. To me, the eyes are no where near what you'd expect them to look like for a Worgen shifting into a Bear or Cat. All the other models imply that a Tauren, Night Elf, or Troll shift into an animal & take on a more primal, animalistic personality cause you see less overall personality in the eyes. Worgen look like they've got way too much personality.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphk View Post
    haha. I never even though of that.

But yeah, the only complaints that I've seen since the Alpha leak of the Troll forms is that the colors are a little bit exotic. However, from a design viewpoint, the colors have more overall synergy than most other Druid forms.

It has me second guessing switching factions to play a Worgen Druid.

To me, the Worgen Druid models looked un-inspired, and looked very similar to the NE model only they added a little armor & made the face ferociously plain. In which, I don't understand how they took a race that was a beast to begin with & gave its Druid models more personality than the other Druid models. To me, the eyes are no where near what you'd expect them to look like for a Worgen shifting into a Bear or Cat. All the other models imply that a Tauren, Night Elf, or Troll shift into an animal & take on a more primal, animalistic personality cause you see less overall personality in the eyes. Worgen look like they've got way too much personality.
    agree with this dude lol

Does anyone know what the Troll moonkin forms will look like?

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Looks a tad ridiculous to me. If the racials don't change then I'm sure I'll still switch one of my druids to Troll, but it certainly won't be to look a like a clown cat/bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hah, forms for Trolls are... hmm... crazy? On one hand, its awesome that blizz make them so colorful on the other hand, it looks like some kind of bear/cat clown. I'm waiting for boomkin models.

Troll dr00ds is teh coolest drouid evah

troll cat: http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/..._troll_cat.jpg
    troll bear: http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...troll_bear.jpg

worgen cat: http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...worgen_cat.jpg
    worgen bear: http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...orgen_bear.jpg

Just giving an overview of the images for people who have no clue what you're talking about.

Anyway I love the troll forms, they're ... unique. Probably going to level one now. The worgen ones don't look that bad either, they really do suit the entire werewolf/werecat/werebear theme.

I hate troll feral forms, especially kitty. When I first saw them I thought they were fakes, they looked so unprofessional and bad.

Deleted
    Quite some time that I didn't see something as badly done, chromatically silly and overall stupid looking as these Troll Druid forms. Just my view, but looks like I am not the only one.

Worgen forms make more sense, but overall Night Elves and Tauren forms still look like the best ones.

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/..._troll_cat.jpg

I don't like them, sorry.

The colors just don't fit together at all. It looks like someone was really high when designing those...

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphk View Post
    To me, the Worgen Druid models looked un-inspired, and looked very similar to the NE model only they added a little armor & made the face ferociously plain. In which, I don't understand how they took a race that was a beast to begin with & gave its Druid models more personality than the other Druid models. To me, the eyes are no where near what you'd expect them to look like for a Worgen shifting into a Bear or Cat.
    While I agree that they don't look amazing, I felt that they seemed to similar to the Tauren druid forms. The colour schemes are basically identical, the mane is the same... its only the lack of horns and addition of larger ears that are new.
    Also felt the eyes look better than other cat forms at present.

Troll bear colours are just nasty though. Start hallucinating and then get some neon paint - similar effects will be achieved. On the other hand, the troll cats are alright. Maybe tone down the contrast of the hair colours but I think the rest of the model works well enough.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think the forms are really designed after "the voodoo". I understand the design and it's cool to keep them roleplayish but the forms are just out there. I like the bears better than the cats personally.

10+ Year Old Account
    IMHO Tauren druids still looks the best so far...but yeah troll's are cool in a way
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    *punches ThunderBlunder in the face*

10+ Year Old Account
    up: and Taurens have unique Cow Form ^^

troll forms makes me want to reroll, they are just so full of win
    Last edited by zomglol; 2010-07-01 at 01:27 PM. Reason: more awesomeness

I guess Blizzard employs 5 year olds now to do their development for them.
    The ugliest shit I've ever seen.

Worgen was acceptable, a little bit too similar to NElf forms do

*throws up*

sorry, but this is hideously fugly.

Troll forms look like someone tried to use fluorescent, neon-y colors. Worgen forms look like they were going very well until they added glowing eyes...

But I guess it fits the races. Bright, flashy colors fit Trolls and more natural colors along with glowing eyes fit the Worgen.

Although the colors in themselves might fit, the combination in which they have been used (the color-scheme) is just wrong imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omen321 View Post
    Tirion has joined the guild
    [Guild][Tirion]: /brofist
    [Guild][Bolvar]: /brofist
    Tirion has left the guild
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximen View Post
    Warriors will dead...

Quote Originally Posted by Abyssos View Post
    I guess Blizzard employs 5 year olds now to do their development for them.
    The ugliest shit I've ever seen.

Worgen was acceptable, a little bit too similar to NElf forms do
    People have to remember they'll look very different in-game, compared to a black background. But even if they do glow in the dark in the game as well, it's still unique and fun. Just don't roll a troll druid if you don't like fun.

And on the note of "they look too similar to x!". Well duh they're all cats/bears and have been taught by other druids so influences are only natural.