Thread: Leviathan model

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    lol cephalopod with teeth. Hurm, thinking about it, its kinda scary

Actually cephalopods are wonderful. I just happen to like them. Squid, octopus, cuddlefish, even the funky naurilus. I don't think it strang to refer to them as cephalopod, as it is both accurate and within the common vernacular. It would be like calling a spider an arachnid, no one is impressed with simply being accurate. Well clearly you are, but not most.
    For quite a while I wanted to become a scientist with a specific focus of cephalopods, your talking to someone who was so obsessed they got into contact with mexican fisherman in baja mexico and asked them to send me a box full of humboldt squid beaks, which now sit lined up perfectly on my window. But I would never even both saying cephalopod on a video game forum. People hear that and think nerd or are to lazy to wiki it to know wtf it means. Just be plain and simple. It's like saying "no offense but your an idiot" it has the same meaning as. "your an idiot."

within the common vernacular.
    I dont want to derail this thread but i think the oddity in it is thats not how most people use those types of words.

You dont go "oh shit that arachnid almost bit me!" just doesn't sound right. Its all about context.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Undyingchaos View Post
    I dont want to derail this thread but i think the oddity in it is thats not how most people use those types of words.

You dont go "oh shit that arachnid almost bit me!" just doesn't sound right. Its all about context.
    Cuz talking street is straight up word dawg. Peace

I use that vernacular quite frequently, along with a lot of archaic diction. Context doesnt matter, in fact, that thinking destroyed proper english.

If we were talking about the literal meaning of the word "Leviathan", that model would've been a gigantic killer whale, assuming Hebrew didn't corrupt itself that much over the years.

Let's just say, that model showing us a massive octopus makes as much sense as a kraken. Seeing as giant whales don't make great raid bosses, I'd say this will suffice.
    Original creator of the PointlessThread++;

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side View Post
    Cuz talking street is straight up word dawg. Peace

I use that vernacular quite frequently, along with a lot of archaic diction. Context doesnt matter, in fact, that thinking destroyed proper english.
    Context does matter, if your talking to a bunch of 5 year olds do you say "that animal is cold blooded" or "that animal is endothermic" ? Of course context matters, it matters who you are talking to and what point you wish to get across.

A perfect example is the fact that we are even at this point in the thread. Using the word cephalopod has spun this thread to its current weird off topic state that it is in now. Now if you know that things like that will happen when you are going to use certain types of words are you going to throw context to the way side or for the sake of the conversation say mollusc or squids

The leviathan is part of "The Throne of the Tides," a 5-man instance. And when I say "part" I mean more than just a boss.

15+ Year Old Account
    Context does matter, if your talking to a bunch of 5 year olds do you say "that animal is cold blooded" or "that animal is endothermic" ? Of course context matters, it matters who you are talking to and what point you wish to get across.

A perfect example is the fact that we are even at this point in the thread. Using the word cephalopod has spun this thread to its current weird off topic state that it is in now. Now if you know that things like that will happen when you are going to use certain types of words are you going to throw context to the way side or for the sake of the conversation say mollusc or squids
    in which case you open a new tab, google wikipedia and type in said word. Take 10 seconds and we can avoid all this argueing and explaining

can anyone track me down the video where this thing apparantly latches on to the side of some under water building?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not being in the alpha, im just gonna speculate that a tideHUNTER needs a pet...

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side View Post
    in which case you open a new tab, google wikipedia and type in said word. Take 10 seconds and we can avoid all this argueing and explaining
    lol not the point, the point was ignoring where you are and who you are talking to may cause something to be misinterpreted or get side tracked like it is right now.

Nope, its an old god servent summoned by the naga during a quest chain in Vash'ir

15+ Year Old Account
    lol not the point, the point was ignoring where you are and who you are talking to may cause something to be misinterpreted or get side tracked like it is right now.
    I Yeild

A perfect example is the fact that we are even at this point in the thread. Using the word cephalopod has spun this thread to its current weird off topic state that it is in now.
    Fuck yeah, I rock!
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

awsome if its an old god servant, please dont spoil anymore though, and if you do, use spoiler tags or w/e.

Yes, I only just now found that out as well. I suppose we can think of these great sea beasts as the water versions of the Flamewakers. Which makes me wonder if they have a great intellect, oh god Sulfuron Harbinger fight....under water?!
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I only just now found that out as well. I suppose we can think of these great sea beasts as the water versions of the Flamewakers. Which makes me wonder if they have a great intellect, oh god Sulfuron Harbinger fight....under water?!
    I always in the back of my head thought of Hakkar the Soul-flayer as the Wind Version of a Flamewalker

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthamus View Post
    Still looks badass, imo.

And:

"Some say he steers a spectral shipt,
    that's ghostly gray and brand.
    He's doomed to sail the seven seas
    and never set foot on land.
    And if you've a chance to see him,
    you'll soon be dead from fright;
    so sailors tell their childern,
    on a dark and stormy night.
    Oh, 40 fathom deep he walk,
    with rusty keys his locker locks,
    just like he's half asleep he stalks,
    40 fathom deep.
    Forty fathoms deep he owns,
    each sleeping sailor's soggy bones,
    the legend they call Davy Jones,
    At 40 fathoms deep.

Great, I have a phobia of deep water and giant mysterious sea creatures. I died a little inside when I saw this guy and how big he was in that dalaran screenshot

Quote Originally Posted by Trolle-Os View Post
    awsome if its an old god servant, please dont spoil anymore though, and if you do, use spoiler tags or w/e.
    You know even looking at the model is a spoiler right? Discussing future content kinda involves spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubs View Post
    You know even looking at the model is a spoiler right? Discussing future content kinda involves spoilers.
    Someone complaining about spoilers in a forum devoted to doing just that. No someone should tag their stuff. Derppy derp.
    I once shot a man in Goldshire, just to watch him die.