Thread: Tailoring List

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Tailoring List

There is mention of a Tiny Mooncloth Carpet, but only the spell for summoning it. There is no spell for crafting it. Probably not a Tailoring thing.

NOTE: The Dreamcloth spells will NOT be tied to each other, meaning you can create 5x Dreamcloths per week....so now you don't have to do it once per day, you can do five in one day if it's more convenient.

NOTE: Also related to the Dreamcloth stuff....There's actually a sixth spell for Shadow, but it doesn't have a unique name (just called "Dreamcloth (Shadow)") and Blizzard has already stated there will only be five recipes for Dreamcloth. I removed it from the list since it will not see the light of day, which is bad for shadows anyways.

REAGENTS

SKILLS

CONSUMABLES

BAGS

CLOTHING

CLOTH ARMOR, DREAMCLOTH

CLOTH ARMOR, EMBERSILK
    Placeholder stats for all armor, at the moment.
    Deathsilk and Spiritmend probably DPS and Healing leveling "sets".
    Emberfire and Fireweave probably DPS and Healing resilience "sets".
    Last edited by loop not defined; 2010-08-16 at 11:43 PM.

Hells Yes!
    Anger leads to hate, hate leads to demons, demons lead to warlock fun!

So my mage's 277 Tier10 robe is going to be replaced by some 81 blue?

nsupra, you might have to wait for the complete item revamp, your 277 chest will change a little. Maybe it's better then
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

I think its more of a question of how the stat inflation will effect current gear. I really hope that the revamp dosent make our current 277 completly useless. But it is possible that they are trying to make it so everyone has equal footing in the new raid, and its not just raids whose members are fully decked in 277 heroic gear that can easily clear new heroic modes. Lets hope they dont decide to go with the latter.
    Quote Originally Posted by AWolf
    The first rule of Bolvar as Lich King is... You do not talk about Bolvar as Lich King.

well u have to think all the spell power on your gear will be converted and rolled back into the other stats on your gear

15+ Year Old Account
    I noticed earlier today that there are a number of items that have the same stats as others. So two identical items, stats-wise, but with different names -- and I assume different visuals. It's nice that either they are giving us a visual choice or Horde and Alliance will be able to craft different things.

It looks like we will easily replace epics, even 277 ones, with level 85 gear; even with a stat conversion. I wouldn't go so far as to say that you will replace all T10 by level 85, but definitely within the first tier -- crafted or drops from normal (possibly not until heroic) instances.

I think it will balance things out a lot more and we could even see people in full heroic T10 having to replace their gear before starting their first raid. It would be nice to see even the top guilds in the world having to slow down a little instead of zerging the first content. Getting everyone into the instances, progressing into heroics and then tackling the raids should be Blizzard's aim.
    For the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by loop not defined View Post
    [*](s) Powerful Enchanted Spellthread. Pants enchant. Int 60, Stam 45.
    1x Dreamcloth
    I'm not excited about that... there are plenty of things that we need to make with Dreamcloth... and having our main consumable cost 1 Dreamcloth doesn't make a lot of sense. Even if every tailor on any given server is making all 5 Dreamcloth a week (and obviously that will never be the case) there is no way that there will be enough Spellthread for every caster that gets a leg upgrade.

[*]Master's Spellthread (Rank 2). Tailor Pants enchant. Int 60, Stam 45.
    3x Eternium Thread
    [*]Sanctified Spellthread (Rank 2). Tailor Pants enchant. Int 60, Spi 30.
    3x Eternium Thread
    Fortunately we still have those so I don't really have to worry about it too much...

But yay for cheap cloak enchants!

I hope we do get another magic carpet, I was sad that we never got the specialty carpets in Wrath that were in the game files.

Also, thanks for the great list, nicely done. Wonderful formatting.
    Last edited by tilgare; 2010-07-01 at 11:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nsupra27 View Post
    So my mage's 277 Tier10 robe is going to be replaced by some 81 blue?
    On of the top guilds in the world put out an open letter to Blizz complaining that they cleared Naxx in Sunwell gear, shortly after WotLK was released. And Blizz has recently stated:
    So, with that comes more substantial scaling of items and character power with each level gained. A level-82 character should feel significantly more powerful than a level-80 character, for example. There are some epic and legendary items from Wrath of the Lich King raid content which may take a while to replace, but chances are most of your gear will be replaced by the time you start running level-85 normal 5-player dungeons.
    Gear is gear, you replaced your Naxx gear with Ulduar gear, which was replaced with ToC gear which was replaced with ICC gear.

WTB 36 slot JC bag...either that or let cut gems stack to at least 5. My bank alt would be very happy.

Finished updating all the links. The leveling and PvP fake sets are all using placeholder stats, so yeah...refrain from freaking out.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sweet thanks for compiling this!

Someone let TotalBiscut know they've found the top hat.

For those curious about how the stat conversion will affect their current gear, the item database here at MMO-champion has already been updated to Cata gear stats. I would be surprised if 277 T10 was replaced at 81, but 84-85? Definitely seems plausible and likely that just about everything will be replaced before you enter your first raid IF you want the best gear available from quests/crafting/heroics.

Quote Originally Posted by TWBrien View Post
    Someone let TotalBiscut know they've found the top hat.
    I followed the equivalent link to Wowhead and it says it uses the same model as Lord Walden's Top Hat. Someone provided a picture of the latter (see below).

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Any idea if the Cataclysm tailoring recipes will dip down to the WotLK skill levels?

I'm currently at 445 tailoring, and I'm trying to decide if farming the mats is worth the time if there will be easy recipes in Cata.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xexer View Post
    Any idea if the Cataclysm tailoring recipes will dip down to the WotLK skill levels?

I'm currently at 445 tailoring, and I'm trying to decide if farming the mats is worth the time if there will be easy recipes in Cata.
    According to the Skills list on Wowhead, Bolt of Embersilk Cloth is trainable at 425, the next patterns seem to start at 450 (Embersilk Net, Deathsilk Belt / Bracers). I'm not in Beta but would I expect that bolts are designed to be able to go from 425-450.

Deleted
    Hi I have been looking at the tailoring and some questions arose:
    1. Where do you learn all the dream of xxx recipes?
    2. Where do you get the patterns for the epic items like "Breeches of Mended Nightmares" (http://cata.wowhead.com/spell=75300)

Quote Originally Posted by Asthor View Post
    Hi I have been looking at the tailoring and some questions arose:
    1. Where do you learn all the dream of xxx recipes?
    2. Where do you get the patterns for the epic items like "Breeches of Mended Nightmares" (http://cata.wowhead.com/spell=75300)
    - Dreamcloth looks like it is trainable from any trainer, or at least it is atm. At lvl 500 you train one type but it seems to have a 7 day cooldown (as the OP says there is 5 different types of Dreamcloth to train at this lvl) and then at lvl 525 you train another type but it doesn't have a cooldown.
    - There is a cloth trader in Twighlight Highlands at Highbank (alliance). I assume will trade cloth (maybe dreamcloth)for the epic patterns, doesn't have anything atm but that is where and how the Blksmith plans work.

I'm not a tailor at all and things can change but that is what I can work out atm.
    Last edited by Daffyduck; 2010-10-30 at 06:41 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffyduck View Post
    - Dreamcloth looks like it is trainable from any trainer, or at least it is atm. At lvl 500 you train one type but it seems to have a 7 day cooldown (as the OP says there is 5 different types of Dreamcloth to train at this lvl) and then at lvl 525 you train another type but it doesn't have a cooldown.
    - There is a cloth trader in Twighlight Highlands at Highbank (alliance). I assume will trade cloth (maybe dreamcloth)for the epic patterns, doesn't have anything atm but that is where and how the Blksmith plans work.

I'm not a tailor at all and things can change but that is what I can work out atm.
    Thanks alot for your info much appreciated :-)