Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Frostmages with pom <3

If u check the Talent tree for cataclysm frostmages can spec down to deep freeze and we can also spec to POM in Arcane <33333333

15+ Year Old Account
    and gain....?
    BfA Beta Time

more burst on shatters

instead of FB -> IL you can do FB -> PoM-FB

or into a deep freeze with enough haste.... FB -> FB -> PoM-FB

15+ Year Old Account
    everyone has read the change to shatter right? it's just a flat 15% damage increase to frozen targets, not a 50% crit chance increase.

frost PvP is all about minimizing GCD usage, and since the tree now brings frostbolt to absurdly low cast times, there is no spell in the tree that would require PoM, ESPECIALLY not with all the buffs ice lance got which lhivera says put it ahead of frostbolt in terms of damage per execute time, DPM.
    BfA Beta Time

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rawk View Post
    PoM doesnt use a GCD
    /facepalm
    BfA Beta Time

The spell you cast with it does.
    Mannoroth-US
    Deedalee - 85 Fire Mage
    All of my alts are dead.

If you can't see the advantages of giving frost PoM (for only 1 more point in arcane than frost normally spends there), even with the changes FB cast time....

then well, there's no hope for you.

15+ Year Old Account
    it's one more point than frost spends there NOW, but frost will spend at least 56 points in its own tree if the changes stay the way they are making PoM out of the question.

anyway, you want to PoM longer casts, not shorter ones, so i don't see what FBs short cast time has to do with making PoM more attractive.
    BfA Beta Time

PoM-FFB to dot a stealther when you don't have a brain freeze proc

PoM-FB could be used in place of rank 1 FB

PoM-Sheep can be a game changer

15+ Year Old Account
    PoM-FB to replace rank 1? so you're using a CD to apply a snare? sounds silly to me but i guess to each his own.

anyway, as i said, in order to pick up all you need in frost at lvl 85 to be stady in PvP, you have to give up the notion of going past 19 points in arcane.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    everyone has read the change to shatter right? it's just a flat 15% damage increase to frozen targets, not a 50% crit chance increase.
    GC just posted on official forums comfirming it's back to crit increase, but instead of flat 50% it now gives u triple of your crit chance, thus forcing us to balance between crit and haste on our gear instead flat out avoiding it like we do now. good change imo.

15+ Year Old Account
    yeah he posted that change minutes after i posted what i did. i hate him for it but i love the change, so i feel conflicted.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Khazaad View Post
    GC just posted on official forums comfirming it's back to crit increase, but instead of flat 50% it now gives u triple of your crit chance
    Not only does it TRIPLE your crit chance, but it still has the 15% damage increase (remember, Arcane power is only 20% and is on a massive cooldown AND causes you to drain your mana much faster which in turn, thanks to the brainlessness of the arcane mastery, nerfs your damage even harder).
    Couple all that with the fact that Ice Lance will now do FIVE times the damage AND that Frost mages will get POM, I think blizz is being pretty clear about which spec they want to dominate for mages in PvP.

I have to hand it to you frost mages though. Blizz nerfs your spell and IN A MATTER OF HOURS you guys QQ so hard on the forums that blizz not only reverts the change but ends up BUFFING frost some more (just go to the mage forums and see the multi-page thread that was created in a matter of minutes of the beta patch being released by none other then Affx who was, apparently, 'disappointed' in blizz for the nerf. ROFL! don't wanna disappoint affix now do we? blizz sure as hell doesn't, not only did they revert the nerf, but the buffed the spec even more).

They really have just turned the mage class into the "Frost mage class". But I guess there are soo many affix fanbois who play mages now that there really isn't anything a non-frost mage can do to show how blatantly OP frost is compared to the other mage specs.

Strongest damage, strongest burst, best control, best defenses, best survivability out of all mage specs. GG imo.

The new mantra for mages in Cata should def be "Go Frost or go home!"

15+ Year Old Account
    ummm, the arcane mastery at 51 points increases your damage by 12% at full mana, so AP is still a better increase in DPS than the mastery...

also, it won't do 5 times the damage as lhivera pointed out. they took out the whole "deal triple damage to frozen targets" and gave it a 130% damage increase worked into FoF.

Affix was talking about the change to shatter not functioning in PvE since there was no way to have frozen targets (read FoF doesn't treat targets as frozen anymore, just allows the use of deep freeze on them and increases the damage of ice lance), yet is still a prerequisite to FoF a necessary PvE talent.

seriously, frost is still the weakest hitting out of the three since its spells have the lowest coefficients out of all 3 specs, it just has control which is awesome for PvP but not so much for PvE.

the new mantra for your post and all other made like it before cata goes love should be "Go QQ or go home!"
    BfA Beta Time

ummm, the arcane mastery at 51 points increases your damage by 12% at full mana, so AP is still a better increase in DPS than the mastery...
    /sigh
    the point --------> *

your head --------> O

I wasn't comparing Arcane power to the Arcane mastery ffs! I was comparing Arcane Power to the new and improved shatter.

Arcane power is a long CD spell in the 7th tier of the arcane tree which does 20% extra damage.
    Shatter is a no CD, readily available (since frostmages have about 10000 ways to freeze a target), 4th tier spell that does 15% extra damage, TRIPLES your crit, and BUFFS your Icelance (a spammable, no CD spell with negligible mana cost) all at once.

Ontop of this, Arcane power drains your mana ridiculously fast, since the Arcane mastery relies on having more mana, Arcane power directly nerfs the mastery when you use it. Which is the point I was making about the mastery.
    There is no single spell, talent or mechanic in the frost tree that comes even remotely to doing the same thing for the frost tree's mastery.

Affix was talking about the change to shatter not functioning in PvE since there was no way to have frozen targets (read FoF doesn't treat targets as frozen anymore, just allows the use of deep freeze on them and increases the damage of ice lance), yet is still a prerequisite to FoF a necessary PvE talent.
    I mean srsly, how far are you willing to go to defend this guy? Since you are obviously blind to his massive QQ nerdrage on both the official forums AND the beta forums, let me link you to the threads where he was blatantly not just "talking about the change to shatter not working in PvE".
    (looks like the forums don't let me post links, gg, just go to the official mage forums and look for affix's "Beta Update: Shatter is... essentially gone" thread, its on the front page ffs).

seriously, frost is still the weakest hitting out of the three since its spells have the lowest coefficients out of all 3 specs
    Wow, I mean srsly, just wow.

Not only are your facts blatantly wrong (frost does not have the lowest coefficients out of all 3 specs by a long shot), but the fact that you have to resort to making sh!t up in order to get your beloved spec buffed is just plain insane.
    Add to this the fact that you, after looking at the retarded buffs frost is getting in Cata, still think and say that Frost is the weakest spec makes me just want to feel sorry for you more than anything else.

15+ Year Old Account
    actually, i wasn't saying you were cmoparing anything to the mastery, you called the mastery brainless and i was pointing out that it boosts damage less than arcane power so the noticeable difference in DPS gained and lost at varying levels of mana will not be astounding.

you seem to also not understand the redesigned ice lance either, or how DR and freezes actually work.

how the hell does AP drain your mana really fast? i don't seem to recall that ever being the case for a mage who knew how to work with replenishment in WotLK. Also, we have no clue how mana regen or arcane mana management will work in cataclysm raiding so all your claims are based off of QQ and....well that's about it really.

Seriously though, i am trying my hardest to be civil with someone who is just bitching for the sake of bitching, comparing apples to brain dead ass candies, and pretty much insulting affix and myself for no reason other than the fact that we both probably said "you're wrong" to you.

New point, these forums let you post links check it, you just actually have to have something to link. i'm feeling like you just couldn't find anything to support your lackadaisical claims so you resort to blaming a forum, bravo sir, bravo.

I'll just skip over the whole affix bashing/dick riding scenario since i have said, in these forums, that i respect him from a PvP perspective because he is knowledgeable and helps folks who have questions about the class. he's not the best mage by any means and has yet to win anything significant unlike orangemarmalade, but he is shit awful in PvE. that being said, just like you can express your opinion and claim it as dogma, he can do the same, THANK GOD FOR THE BILL OF RIGHTS.

here's a slight example of how little you know about the mage class:

Arcane Abilites

Arcane Blast: 71.43% (80.43% with Arcane Empowerment)

Arcane Explosion: 21.28%

Arcane Missiles: 142.86% total, 28.57% per pulse (187.86%/37.57% with Arcane Empowerment)

Mana Shield: 80.53%

Arcane Barrage: 71.43%

Fire Abilities

Blast Wave: 19.36%

Dragon's Breath: 19.36%

Fire Blast: 42.86%

Fireball: 100.0% (115.0% with Empowered Fire)

FireballDoT: 0.0%

Flamestrike: 23.57%

FlamestrikeDoT: 48.8% (12.2% per tick)

Pyroblast: 115.0%

PyroblastDoT: 20.0% (5% per tick)

Scorch: 42.86%

Frostfire BoltDD: 85.71% (100.71% with Empowered Fire)

Frostfire BoltDoT: 0.0%

Living BombDoT: 80.0% (20.0% per tick)

Living BombDD: 40.0%

Frost Abilities

Blizzard: 115% (14.37% per tick)

Cone of Cold: 21.4%

Frost Nova: 19.3%

Frostbolt: 81.43% (91.43% with Empowered Frostbolt)

Ice Barrier: 80.53%

Ice Lance: 14.29%

Summons and pet abilities

Mirror Image: 33% of the mage's spell power

Frost Bolt (Mirror Image): 30% of the image's spell power (10% of the mage's spell power)

Fire Blast (Mirror Image): 15% of the image's spell power (5% of the mage's spell power)

Summon Water Elemental: 33% of the mage's spell power

Water Bolt (Water Elemental): 83.33% of the elemental's spell power (27.78% of the mage's spell power)
    clearly frost spells have the highest coefficients in the game...by a long shot. /roll eyes. the ONLY spell frost beats out in terms of coefficient is arcane blast...but arcane blast has that whole damage increase debuff to go with it so shit evens out.

In closing, before you EVER try to fuck with me again, I suggest you let your balls drop first. That way, you can use words and arguments above the level of a prepubescent boy.

Good day, and fuck off.
    BfA Beta Time

ROFL! From your OWN quote:
    Arcane Blast: 71.43% (80.43% with Arcane Empowerment)

Frostbolt: 81.43% (91.43% with Empowered Frostbolt)
    Which is EXACTLY what I said and EXACTLY OPPOSITE what you said and QQed about. Fully talented (heck even untalented) frost is not the lowest coefficient spell.

Also,
    clearly frost spells have the highest coefficients in the game
    Where did I say frost has the highest coefficients in the game?

Please quote my post where I said this. In fact, what I said was that frost doesn't have the lowest coefficient, which you said here:
    seriously, frost is still the weakest hitting out of the three since its spells have the lowest coefficients out of all 3 specs
    To which I replied:
    Quote Originally Posted by zomgDPS View Post
    Not only are your facts blatantly wrong (frost does not have the lowest coefficients out of all 3 specs by a long shot)
    R u rly that dumb? This set of posts proves that yes, you really really are.

As far as linking goes, why don't you try to LEARN THE RULES of the very forum you are trolling. A new member cannot post external links or pictures until they have posted a certain number of times.

In closing, before you EVER try to fuck with me again, I suggest you let your balls drop first. That way, you can use words and arguments above the level of a prepubescent boy.

Good day, and fuck off.
    You don't need me to 'fuk with you'. Your own posts show how much of a retard you are.
    Good day sir, and no, you don't need to say anything more, I know its tough talking while you have affix's cock in your mouth.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh my god colors and bold and caps and oh my god your points are valid oh my god oh my god.

sigh, these forums don't allow me to degrade myself to your level sir, you have beaten me on THAT front.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by zomgDPS View Post
    Inane Bullshit
    /facepalm