Unhappy Cata talents fail?

Well, i was excited when i looked down and saw that there were all the talent calcs for Cata, so i hastily clicked warlock, and then what did i see? crap, idk if im blind or something or there were really subtle changes, but all i saw on there were 2 new talents for demo and destro, balance druids(for example) got crazy reform on their talent tree, and lock's look completely the same, a bit disappointed all we get are two talents, none of which is for afflic

If you look at the small Blizzard logo on the lower left corner of the Destruction tree, you'll notice that it says Affliction is 60% completed and Demonology and Destruction are only 20% completed. They'll change with every build.

You just need to have patience.

Affliction 60% done and all I could spot was that shadow mastery had it's effect change from 15% damage to 100% crit damage bonus which probably amount to roughly the same thing

Anyhow, much too early to worry about what's in there, but we shouldn't expect the complete overhaul they made it sound like when they started talking about mastery. The large amount of fun talents we were led to believe were coming rather than dps-increasing talents are missing in all trees for all classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogge View Post
    Affliction 60% done and all I could spot was that shadow mastery had it's effect change from 15% damage to 100% crit damage bonus which probably amount to roughly the same thing

Anyhow, much too early to worry about what's in there, but we shouldn't expect the complete overhaul they made it sound like when they started talking about mastery. The large amount of fun talents we were led to believe were coming rather than dps-increasing talents are missing in all trees for all classes.
    Indeed, I thought they said they would get rid of '0/5 reduces the chance to or increases the chance to' and implement ACTIVE and fun talents. I'm getting a feeling Cata is a mere 'filler' to compete against FF14. Which brings me to the removal of path of the titans. Guess why that was... Copy rights.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

If it makes you feel better, I don't think Blizzard's barely begun to work on the warlock trees. For example, I highly doubt the shadow mastery crit damage bonus will also exist with the pandemic crit damage bonus for dots that crit for triple damage.

They also said they were going to put talents like hit and 20% range increase in the low tiers of demo and I don't see that yet. Shadowburn is supposed to no longer cost a soulshard and do extra damage on low health targets.

On the other hand, Blizzard has already shown us previews of druids/priests/rogues/shamans and even those talent trees look extremely underwhelming. I doubt the talent changes are going to live up to what Blizzard promised.

Considering it was the first pass in Alpha I'd hardly even bat an eye at these talents...

10+ Year Old Account
    There are also talents that have been anounced like Hand of Gul'dan, which don't even appear in the trees yet. I really wouldn't read anything into them, not even the 60% complete Aff tree, they even said where the 100% done ones they announced weren't actually finished, and that they've looked more at talents at the moment than even really considered actual builds.

That 60% doesn't mean what you think it means. Blizzard has already clarified this.

GC:"Ah. That's probably throwing a lot of people. Those are internal notes we made to fellow developers and the alpha participants to indicate that the tree had gone through an initial review and was functional again. For a time you could literally get stuck on say tier 4 and not be able to spend enough points to go any deeper. The Wrath talent trees changed enormously from their initial unveiling to their final version on launch day, and even the final versions of many didn't last long. "

15+ Year Old Account
    If you look at the Cataclysm Sticky (2nd or 3rd post in the thread), you will see "WE'RE NOWHERE NEAR FINISHED YET. WAIT A MONTH." in gigantic font.

As such, this thread is locked. QQ is fine, but please make sure it's qq about something new and not something old or widely known.

R.I.P. YARG