destro needs dispel protection!

With all of the new classes getting a dispel along with all the ones that currently have one, destro desperately needs dispel protection for immolate. It is already bad enough right now in pvp when immolate is almost insta dispelled as soon as a pally or priest sees it go up. Im hoping with the destro tree revamp we have some kind of dispel protection or atleast something like ele shamans have now where we get a haste buff or something when it is dispelled, if not, cata will suck big time for destro pvp

Um. The plan is to REMOVE magic dispel from non healers, greatly increase the cost of magic dispel, and to remove ALL dispel protection talents. Ghostcrawler and other blizzard posters have said that repeatedly for... oh, about a year now. O_o
    That's just between you, me, and my pal Captain Winky.

I don't see specs like Balance druids and Demonology ever being pvp viable as long as healers just dispel their dots as soon as they try to set up their damage. Dispels also wreck caster defenses like roots, fear, frost nova that casters need to be able to use to defend themselves against melee.

The problem with dispels is it not only prevents the damage taken from dots, but it also prevents a lot of subsequent damage because of dots synergy with other spells and talents. Dispelling a demo lock's immolate/corruption, for example, sharply lowers incinerate damage and prevents molten core procs.

That's why dispels are going to be much more expensive in Cata. At least, that's the theory GC and his crew are apparently going to be operating under.
    That's just between you, me, and my pal Captain Winky.

15+ Year Old Account
    With a larger health pool, a magical effect can do massive amounts of damage to a person in pve. Thus they can make it more beneficial to spend that mana on a ridiculously expensive dispel.

In PVP, imagine the dispel costing as much or more than your immolate. This means they have to think "is the damage from immolate, and the increased damage from Chaos Bolt and Incinerate worth dispelling, or healing through? Ill never win if i ALWAYS dispel it, so conflag is inevitable... Whats the target's hp like? Whats my mana at?"

We don't need dispel protection if they build the dispel system properly. Affliction needs dispel protection because almost all dispels will remove two effects in one cast. Thus UA (and VT for SPriests).

R.I.P. YARG