Thread: New JC Recipes

New JC Recipes

Are they using the current JC tokens or will there be a new method of obtaining?

They've (blue) already said they like the incremental (like daily token) method versus rare drops or discoveries.

15+ Year Old Account
    Except that doing daily quests is a real pain; especially when you have to do four just to buy one pattern amongst hundreds. With the simplification of gems it should make choosing your cuts a bit less stressful; but it will take a long time via such a method to get all of the ones that you want. It's best to base them on reputation or have them purchasable another way.

I much prefer the enchanting method of being able to purchase some patterns with enchanting mats and higher end ones with the right reputation from doing raids. Jewelcrafters would benefit a lot more from spending gems on their recipes, as opposed to doing daily quests. The same is true of cooking: it would be better to buy recipes with reagents rather than doing daily quests.
    For the Alliance!

If we will see the same system as now, I will most likely just buy the ones I need for myself and save all tokens to be able to buy every epic receipe when they are implemented.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is just speculation of course; but if they do keep the daily token mechanic, I'm sure they will change it so you can't stockpile now and buy everything on release day

Quote Originally Posted by RoknarKorgath View Post
    This is just speculation of course; but if they do keep the daily token mechanic, I'm sure they will change it so you can't stockpile now and buy everything on release day
    I promise you, they will implement new tokens, if they stick with tokens, which I am willing to bet a million dollars Blizz will stick with JC tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by Unferth View Post
    I promise you, they will implement new tokens, if they stick with tokens, which I am willing to bet a million dollars Blizz will stick with JC tokens.
    I think with "release day" he means the patch that will introduce epic gems in cata. Not beeing able to use wrath tokens seems common sense, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Cjeska View Post
    If we will see the same system as now, I will most likely just buy the ones I need for myself and save all tokens to be able to buy every epic receipe when they are implemented.
    I have a very hollow hope that they never implement epic gems in Cataclysm... at least not the way they did with WotLK. Killing an entire established market overnight wasn't cool.

just can't help thinking why they didn't implement another (additionnal) recipe seller which would trade them for gems instead of tokens.

idk, maybe something like 3-5 blue high level gems per recipe or even 1-2 epic gems for the most powerfull ones... i have tons of gems i don't even use that i'd gladly put at use that way.

i mean, doing dailies for days and having so to say no other way to get JC tokens (JC necklaces have such a low drop rate it's not even worth it)is such a pain in the...

Quote Originally Posted by snowblind View Post
    I have a very hollow hope that they never implement epic gems in Cataclysm... at least not the way they did with WotLK. Killing an entire established market overnight wasn't cool.
    It wasn't overnight. We knew for months about the upcoming epic gem changes. Us smart ones stockpiled Titanium Ore out the wazoo and made out like bandits.

Please don't get upset at your own short-sightedness.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't mind keeping the daily thing for tokens, but I love the idea of gem trade-ins like Enchanting does currently

Quote Originally Posted by Cjeska View Post
    I think with "release day" he means the patch that will introduce epic gems in cata. Not beeing able to use wrath tokens seems common sense, really.
    Actually, "release day" is referring to the day that Cata goes live.. He's saying that you will not be able to save up your current JC tokens to buy new recipes the day they become available, regardless of gem rarity.