Multicore support?

So has blizzard added full quadcore support to cataclysm yet? You can already set it to use multiple cores atm but it doesnt really do anything. Im running a phenom II X4 be at a 3.6ghz and i have 2 ati hd 4890's with 4gb's of ram. Its pretty annoying that i get fps dips in wow in some locations because one of my cores maxes out. I really hope they add this.

No they don't. I've got a Core2Duo 8400 @3.6GHz > Corei7 920 @2,67GHz <-- Friends CPU.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a good question... I know they have experimental DX11 support at the moment with a quick edit to their config.wtf file in the alpha/beta client.

The stars sweep chill currents that make men shiver in the dark...

10+ Year Old Account
    My i7 is just sitting there rotting

Quote Originally Posted by dranx View Post
    This is what really bugs me. I desperately want to get a new laptop with an i7. I mostly want it for wow so i can play nearby my friends every once in a while. But wow won't even make much use of it. And there really no reason for me to buy a duo laptop because it wont be as great in every other area.

Quote Originally Posted by Lori View Post
    No they don't. I've got a Core2Duo 8400 @3.6GHz > Corei7 920 @2,67GHz <-- Friends CPU.
    Why is your friend running an i7 920 at stock clockspeed? Unless he's got terrible cooling it should be fine at 3.6GHz (and if he has good cooling, 4GHz).

Quote Originally Posted by dotSeed View Post
    Why is your friend running an i7 920 at stock clockspeed? Unless he's got terrible cooling it should be fine at 3.6GHz (and if he has good cooling, 4GHz).
    Probably one of those people who buy Dell and have no clue how to overclock.

Quote Originally Posted by dranx View Post
    Well it does hurt knowing that only one core struggles with WoW while the rest just do basically nothing.I have a Phenom II X4 and it still hurts

True multicore support would require a complete rewrite of the rendering engine, aka the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Unferth View Post
    True multicore support would require a complete rewrite of the rendering engine, aka the game.
    Nope, only the frontend. Refrain from posting if you have zero experience programming.

yeah i agree i hate seeing my processors do such little work and have lag issues from time to time/