Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Angry Goblin mount not official mount WTF!?

The mount known as the goblin mount seen in video below:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FUo45FB7GY

apparently is not the official goblin mount. Don't get me wrong the mount is in game but thanks to a live streaming thread i saw of a guy in the goblin starting area of kezan the mount is actually part of a lowbie quest. (your mount bar changes and you get radio, a horn, and a speed up button) It is not the official lvl 20 mount. I was really saddened. The quest had you running round gathering supplies so maybe in a later date you actually were driving the tester car and once you hit 20 you get to get one of your own? If anyone knows any update to what the actual goblin mount is plz post below!

It's a goblin version of a flightpath, since they have a road infastructure there.
    the official goblin mount is not in the game yet

I think the goblin car is going to be similar to that but it looks a little big for your actual mount
    It is apparently going to be a car though

Look at the Blizzcon image concept for the general idea of what the mount will be. Single seater go-cart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I think the goblin car is going to be similar to that but it looks a little big for your actual mount
    It is apparently going to be a car though
    source that its going to be a car?

---------- Post added 2010-07-02 at 12:26 AM ----------

how do we know thats not the concept but they decided to scrap it and make it for the quest instead?

10+ Year Old Account
    New engineering 4 seated?

Quote Originally Posted by kajamere View Post

how do we know thats not the concept but they decided to scrap it and make it for the quest instead?
    Well we don't but it's pretty unlikely.
    There's no point assuming that they have when it is more likely that they have not.

It's used in early Kezan quests. It was never said to be a Goblin mount, people just assumed that and started expecting it. There's a more likely candidate for a Goblin mount concept art based on Volcanoth's design all along.

Quote Originally Posted by private420 View Post
    New engineering 4 seated?
    Goblin with gnomish engineering >.<

My god the person in the movie cant drive for shit. Srsly your own side of the road much? Plus safty hazard? look at how small the road is to the cars, and lets not talk about the always passable road markings.

Now we need ambulances and tow trucks for all the crashs that will they will have.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonas View Post
    My god the person in the movie cant drive for shit. .
    Keyboard turner lawl.

Goblins using a vehicle as mount would totally break the pattern of mounts being rideable animals whether mechanical or not. No, it won't happen. They will get something else than the gokart
    Pandaren Warrior - Lv 95, full T17
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonus View Post
    Since this was early in the patch, we decided to go with the 4 tank strat. We ask him to go tank Lord Mograine. He then instantly tells us that "he cannot tank the godfather of DK's, it wouldnt be right to raise my axe against him". He instantly gquits and hearths out.

There was a concept art at Blizzcon of a goblin in a smaller, dunebuggy like car, more akin to the motorbike mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Qtulu View Post
    Goblins using a vehicle as mount would totally break the pattern of mounts being rideable animals whether mechanical or not. No, it won't happen. They will get something else than the gokart
    Motorbikes are ridable animals right?
    And helicopters?

pretty sure he meant class mounts. and the two things you mention are engineering mounts, so this will likely be the same.

Just because all class mounts so far have been animals doesn't really mean anything.
    None of the other races have a deep mechanical background except gnomes, and they DO ride robots!
    It would make sense for goblins to be riding cars.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Motorbikes are ridable animals right?
    And helicopters?
    No...but then again, those are engineering mounts rather than a racial mount.

And even the Gnome mount has an animal form.

Either way, what I'd like to know is...has it ever been confirmed that the go-kart was the goblin mount? I've seen the Blizzcon cocnept, but I'm now wondering if this wasn't concept for this quest mount. And, to be honest, I'd always wondered how Tauren were going to fit in that thing.

EJL

Quote Originally Posted by Colbor View Post
    Look at the Blizzcon image concept for the general idea of what the mount will be. Single seater go-cart.
    As opposed to the more common Go-Kart Sedan.

15+ Year Old Account

While it's possible they decided to scrap the mario karts.. It's doubtful. As far as a source goes the goblin concept arts notes say "Goblin Mount" next to the picture. Also..it's not like Flight path mounts cant be player mounts :P

To be honest I don't know why they would do concept art for a car used in one quest