Question about beta

Does anybody know if you have to have an active subscription to WoW to get the beta? I recently ended my sub because there isn't anything left to do in the game for me. I figured I'd wait until cata to start up again but I'm hearing rumors that you have to have an active subscription to get beta. That seems kinda lame to have to pay for WoW just for a tiny chance to get beta considering I wouldn't want to play it until cata or if I got the beta. Anybody know anything on this?

---------- Post added 2010-07-02 at 02:49 AM ----------

Guess not =/

Any player who has an active World of Warcraft subscription, World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade, and World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King is eligible. The account must be active when the beta starts in order to be eligible to receive an invitation.
    Was posted by a Community MVP on WoW Forums in FAQ

imo, It seems stupid that someone who isn't playing/paying for there WoW to get to test new content.

Thanks. Wow....that is so lame... Oh well...

Sucks. My prepaid time ended the day they announced the end of the NDA, renewed the next day but I'm still pessimistic.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

This is new and exciting and this hasn't been answered in 5 other threads on the front page.

Quote Originally Posted by Larancy View Post
    This is new and exciting and this hasn't been answered in 5 other threads on the front page.
    I'm not going to go search for posts when I can just make a thread and get my question answered immediately. QQ more bro.

Yea I havnt been active for months. Its a way of getting us to subscribe again. Ive never had luck with betas anyway. I think I must be universally black listed or something =/

Quote Originally Posted by Ghier View Post
    Yea I havnt been active for months. Its a way of getting us to subscribe again. Ive never had luck with betas anyway. I think I must be universally black listed or something =/
    Same for me lol