Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Very happy about a majority of the changes. I wasn't fond of the "new" Parry idea, so I'm glad it's being revoked. Not exactly sure why the threat change was needed. I'm on the "Eeeeeh..." side of having to visit every dungeon to unlock it in LFD system. Though I see why it was kinda needed, as it'll motivate questing. As it stands, most probably just get heirloom gear on their alts and do LFD for 15-58, and still doing it in between quests until 80. I do have one question, though.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

-- There are opportunities for *every* healer to dps.
    They do realize that Paladins, being the only non-caster-based healer, would do absolutely useless dps, right? I mean, all you'd have for range damage is Judgement, Exorcism, and Holy Shock if you don't want to save it for a quick heal. If you feel like getting close, add melee, Crusader Strike (Since it's baseline now.) and Consecration. Also, since a majority of these have been altered to work more off an AP coefficient than SP for Ret, they won't do much damage as Holy.

I suppose I'll take that "Don't do anything" option instead.

Deleted
    I have a question about beta....How long did the WOTLK one last? I am pretty cusious to start figuring out the possible release date!! As far as i know it began inn the middle of july and WOTLK stored 13 november. COrrect?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Casual View Post
    idk but im getting this feeling hunters are gonna be overly complicated to play!!! i dont see them tryin to make arcane mages press more than 2 buttons
    Well I certainly hope they will.. I'll probably quit playing my mage if they don't make the gameplay more interesting, I'm pulling top dps with my scrollwheel (scroll up for arcane blast, down for missles).. Ofcourse i'm not randomly scrolling around, but it doesn't take much effort either.

Quote Originally Posted by ganodorf View Post
    I have a question about beta....How long did the WOTLK one last? I am pretty cusious to start figuring out the possible release date!! As far as i know it began inn the middle of july and WOTLK stored 13 november. COrrect?
    Beta is downloading
    I'm jazzed.
    Bears, beets, Battlestar Galactica.

Quote Originally Posted by Ephel View Post
    Well I certainly hope they will.. I'll probably quit playing my mage if they don't make the gameplay more interesting, I'm pulling top dps with my scrollwheel (scroll up for arcane blast, down for missles).. Ofcourse i'm not randomly scrolling around, but it doesn't take much effort either.
    Spec fire then, the rotation has a couple of extra abilities and the dps is higher.

on topic; i'm still concerned that warriors are gonna suck donkey balls with the rage normalization

I'm just wondering; I didnt get the key, but will there be a second chance for getting one?
    Are they throwing more invites out at some point? Anybody knows if they usually do?

---------- Post added 2010-07-02 at 10:43 AM ----------

NVM, I should learn to read the post carefully

Intimidating Shout... WHAT THE FUCK. Seriously? We get disarming glare you know that's cool and all warriors finally get some good CC... but at the cost of fucking intimidating shout? WHAT? When they mean make it like repentance did they think for PVE like a 60s CC? Who the fuck cares about that shit, I sure as hell never saw any rets use repentance in heroics or raids. And I HIGHLY doubt giving warriors a CC in PvE is going to earn them a raid spot over a Rogue(unless tank). Way to fuck PvP utility hurr lets keep making warriors just fucking tunnel vision retard button mashing brostormers we gots the damage bro! Inner rage, Wrecking crew, death wish, new blood rage talent, but we can't do fuck all for CCing- lets just grab a rogue or a hunter. Intimidating shout is amazing in PvP when used correctly what the fuck reasoning do they have behind nerfing it? It was never a problem in fact it pretty much already IS a fucking repentance on single target for 8secs and on a TWO minute cool down while repentance is a 1 minute.

What they SHOULD do for warriors is: Tone damage, fix rage. Heroic Leap separate gap closer 45s-1min cool down used in zerker or defensive, don't fuck with the stance dancing penalties keep it as is, after charging or intercepting target increases warrior move speed by 70% for 3 seconds to get around the god damn jump abuse, bring back old execute for when target is STRICTLY under 20%, and leave intimidating shout as fucking is. Some useful CC would make a warrior far more useful and balanced rather than giving them retarded amounts of damage buffers so all they need to do is get their pocket healer to just baby sit them. Once MS goes away you're going to be better off with a rogue since the combo point swapping deal or a hunter because they have fuck tons of CC utility, defensive utility, range, and can deal fuck loads of damage and guarantee that when a target is <20% they're fucking dead and not getting hit by a wet noodle shit execute.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chase_payne View Post
    Everyone enjoy the dungeons at low levels while you can, because after cata it will require you to explore them before entering.

This means people will continue questing rather than using LFD, and you'll have hour(s) ques.

This is a brilliant idea by blizzard.
    going to a dungeon isnt that hard also this way the people in the dungeon know where it is instead of 2-3 not knowing where the entrance is after a wipe
    Priest? What do you mean i'm a priest?
    I have dots, a pet and i can turn into a dark purple form with wings, i'm obviously a warlock!

Interesting news. I'm glad the slow news days on Cata are finally behind us!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FHNNNG View Post
    Intimidating Shout... WHAT THE FUCK. Seriously? We get disarming glare you know that's cool and all warriors finally get some good CC... but at the cost of fucking intimidating shout? WHAT? When they mean make it like repentance did they think for PVE like a 60s CC? Who the fuck cares about that shit, I sure as hell never saw any rets use repentance in heroics or raids. And I HIGHLY doubt giving warriors a CC in PvE is going to earn them a raid spot over a Rogue(unless tank). Way to fuck PvP utility hurr lets keep making warriors just fucking tunnel vision retard button mashing brostormers we gots the damage bro! Inner rage, Wrecking crew, death wish, new blood rage talent, but we can't do fuck all for CCing- lets just grab a rogue or a hunter. Intimidating shout is amazing in PvP when used correctly what the fuck reasoning do they have behind nerfing it? It was never a problem in fact it pretty much already IS a fucking repentance on single target for 8secs and on a TWO minute cool down while repentance is a 1 minute.

What they SHOULD do for warriors is: Tone damage, fix rage. Heroic Leap separate gap closer 45s-1min cool down used in zerker or defensive, don't fuck with the stance dancing penalties keep it as is, after charging or intercepting target increases warrior move speed by 70% for 3 seconds to get around the god damn jump abuse, bring back old execute for when target is STRICTLY under 20%, and leave intimidating shout as fucking is. Some useful CC would make a warrior far more useful and balanced rather than giving them retarded amounts of damage buffers so all they need to do is get their pocket healer to just baby sit them. Once MS goes away you're going to be better off with a rogue since the combo point swapping deal or a hunter because they have fuck tons of CC utility, defensive utility, range, and can deal fuck loads of damage and guarantee that when a target is <20% they're fucking dead and not getting hit by a wet noodle shit execute.
    Sorry, but shut up. For one, it's the beta. Things change. Yada yada and all that about not freaking out before stuff is definite. And for two, I hardly ever see a Warrior using Intimidating Shout anyway, in PvP or raids. I don't know what you're freaking out about, because to me it seems like a decent change considering in raids there are plenty of other dps with better CC than this shout and in PvP the only real time you'd need the shout (Unless you're an idiot and charged a group of enemies by yourself) is if you're ambushed by a group, and even then chances are you'll die if that happens since the odds aren't exactly in your favor in a 3+ v. 1 situation.

I'll admit, I don't play a Warrior so I don't have first hand experience. But I've seen them in action and based off that you're just on a rage-filled freak out over one small change.

Does anyone know if the invites have been out for europe yet?:/

Quote Originally Posted by agelos View Post
    Does anyone know if the invites have been out for europe yet?:/
    Wondering same thing... all blue posts are from US so far :S And since I've filled my beta page on battle.net same day it was possible to I'm hoping to get some sweetness :P

Deleted

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkfoot82 View Post
    Dwarven & Troll warlocks? awesome, but why not remove the class/race limitations entierly now. I want my night elf paladin
    This is so goddamn unfair, Draenei don't get a single new class to choose from!!

Oh, I wants Gnoem Pala, dr00d, shaman n hunter! RAWR!

I'm liking this expansion more every day; while I don't care much for new races (I won't be rerolling), there's so many little things in there that make me happy. Stat revision, removal of useless talents, more variety for each specs, etc. Very good news, I can't wait for Cata to launch.

Congratulations on a job very well done!

---------- Post added 2010-07-02 at 01:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arthzil View Post
    Wondering same thing... all blue posts are from US so far :S And since I've filled my beta page on battle.net same day it was possible to I'm hoping to get some sweetness :P
    I would assume it's a world wide invitation.

From blue post:
    "The company has started issuing invitations to participate in the testing process to a wide range of players from around the world who signed up via their Battle.net® accounts."

One of my buddies claim he has an invitation, and we both live in Sweden.
    Last edited by Eldhav; 2010-07-02 at 11:39 AM.

Troll warlocks are so gonna smoke felweed Hurr, hurr.

Quote Originally Posted by Backreaper View Post
    going to a dungeon isnt that hard also this way the people in the dungeon know where it is instead of 2-3 not knowing where the entrance is after a wipe
    Exactly. Additionaly, the Dungeon Finder will no longer be able to throw you into unwanted dungeons like, say, Occulus, if you never visit them "manually". Yay.

Wait, I thought Tankadin's Holy Shield wasn't going to have charges anymore O.o why does the info still say charges atm. Just not updated yet?

yay dwarf and troll wls ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Chase_payne View Post
    Everyone enjoy the dungeons at low levels while you can, because after cata it will require you to explore them before entering.

This means people will continue questing rather than using LFD, and you'll have hour(s) ques.

This is a brilliant idea by blizzard.
    Jeebuz, I had misread that the first time. Removing keys and stuff for most of the dungeons is good. However, they are taking the good LFG system (which meant that you no longer had to go to the dungeon entrance half way across the realm and spam zone chat for group) and farking it up so that you have to go to the dungeon entrance to unlock it first. I know you get to access it from then on, but didnt I read a blue post a bit back that said that they wanted it to be possible to level from 1-60 without having to leave either continent??? If I want to level in E.K., why do I have to go to Kalimdor to unlock BFD, WC, RFC, RFD, et. al. WTF blizz, make up your damn minds and dont fark with LFG.