Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    The current talents builds are from Beta, from June 24th to be exact.
    The preview is from a internal alpha build somewhere in the end of May.
    With that said, screw the preview. It's way more outdated than the Betabuild.
    Use the latest information we have, it's the best you can do in a time where everything can change within a week.
    Perhaps instead of using the data available on the test realm, you should use common sense.

Do you think that Blizzard has put in a new three point talent that is worth a grant total of about 15 DPS? The numbers are from Shadowpriest.com.

That would make this talent about one third the DPS increase that Improved Spirit Tap is.

Including the post I am referencing from Shadowpriest.com:

The summary of what is known right now: If it goes live as it is now, it'll be our weakest dps talent. In fact, if I had Shadowy Apparitions right now in live, it'd be contributing a grand TOTAL of 14.4dps, or 4.8dps per point. As a point of reference, right now on my character Improved Spirit Tap (our current weakest dps talent) grants me a bit over 30 spellpower, which is over 60dps on Mind Flay alone. So IST is at least 30dps per point for me now, while SA is 1/6th of that. And IST is a talent you only sink points into if you have the 4p t10 bonus and have the free points.

And if I were to be a complete noob and cast SW:P on multiple targets while running around like a twat, SA would give me 144dps per target. With 10 targets, I'd get 1440dps worth of SA procs, at the expense of running around like a git. But if I say, stand still for 2 seconds, I can get over 4800 dps with a single Mind Flay, and when doing this, my dps for SA drops back down to 14.4dps per target.
    Last edited by Abandon; 2010-07-03 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Perhaps instead of using the data available on the test realm, you should use common sense.
    As fabians numbers show, there clearly was no common sense involved when the talent numbers where designed.
    Do you think that Blizzard has put in a new three point talent that is worth a grant total of about 15 DPS? The numbers are from Shadowpriest.com.
    First the mechanic, then comes the data, after that the balancing. We're between mechanic and data.

I can go on with numbers from shadowpriest.com too:
    For mastery rating to be near as useful as haste/crit, Mindblast has to be about 35% of our total damage.
    If mindblast is 35% of our total damage, then Shadowy Apparition will be good, since it's based of 35% of our total damage.

I can go on with numbers from shadowpriest.com too:
    For mastery rating to be near as useful as haste/crit, Mindblast has to be about 35% of our total damage.
    If mindblast is 35% of our total damage, then Shadowy Apparition will be good, since it's based of 35% of our total damage

I'm not sure how that was supposed to make sense. 6% chance every 3 seconds to proc 15% of a single Mind Blast is good?

Deleted
    one thing i thought i noticed from that video:

is the shadowy apparition causing the mind trauma effect?
    if it's not, what's the 3rd debuff being put onto the mobs?

Yes, it is causing Mind Trauma, but it si quite possibly a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    I'm not sure how that was supposed to make sense. 6% chance every 3 seconds to proc 15% of a single Mind Blast is good?
    Not to mention it would probably be the damage without considering our mastery.

Does anyone have/know where I can find a chart of the amount of rating one needs to get 1% of the stat? I know I've seen one but can't remember the website.
    Last edited by fabian; 2010-07-04 at 02:11 AM.

if you want your account hacked, go to www.shadowpriest.com

if not, elitist jerks.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

Quote Originally Posted by Direshadow View Post
    if you want your account hacked, go to www.shadowpriest.com

if not, elitist jerks.
    Seriously, what is your problem with shadowpriest.com? It is better than EJ for information, and is not as harmful as you say it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Tezmata View Post
    I'm pleased with the mechanic of Shadowy Apparition, but it's not really the image I was expecting. I thought I heard that it would be a shadowy version of yourself that moves toward the target, not a shadowy skull. Or is this just a placeholder?
    The talent calculator notes for Priest say that the visual effect for Shadowy Apparition is not final.

Quote Originally Posted by fabian View Post
    Seriously, what is your problem with shadowpriest.com? It is better than EJ for information, and is not as harmful as you say it is.
    ^This. And if you still fear getting keylogged by visiting a website, stop using Internet Explorer and start using Firefox with NoScripts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Does anyone have/know where I can find a chart of the amount of rating one needs to get 1% of the stat? I know I've seen one but can't remember the website.
    http://www.stratfu.com/blog/kyth/201...ings-cataclysm

http://elitistjerks.com/f15/t29453-c...evel_80_a/p22/
    Which is worse, ignorance or apathy? Who knows? Who cares?
    I hope shadowfiend will still be able to do damage in 3.1., it's my second "nuke" button next to Inner Focus!

Leap of faith:
    Good news everyone, we can now heal stupidity!
    http://armory.wow-europe.com/charact...l&cn=Brokolice

Thank you. I tried googling it, but probably used the wrong search, so I came up empty. The only problem is the fact that those charts do not contain mastery.
    Last edited by fabian; 2010-07-05 at 10:49 PM.

Thank you. I tried googling it, but probably used the wrong search, so I came up empty. The only problem is the fact that those charts do not contain mastery.
    "lvl 85 combat ratings" worked for me. After your post, I tried to find out mastery rating for level 85 but no luck. We might need to wait for lvl cap increase in Beta.
    Which is worse, ignorance or apathy? Who knows? Who cares?
    I hope shadowfiend will still be able to do damage in 3.1., it's my second "nuke" button next to Inner Focus!

Leap of faith:
    Good news everyone, we can now heal stupidity!
    http://armory.wow-europe.com/charact...l&cn=Brokolice

I'm hoping the current visual is just a placeholder. Really don't need Warlock Shadow Bolts floating off of me. Otherwise.. I'm not sure of this thing. I can see its use, especially in a movement fight, but, I'm not terribly excited about it. I think it could be functional, definitely, but.. nothing about it looks or feels fun to me so far.