Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Flask Cauldrons???

from the guild perks just posted "Increases the number of flasks gained from using a flask cauldron by 100%."

i didn't see a flask cauldron in the new alchemy list or maybe i'm blind...any info on these?

Cooking/alch thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercrunchy View Post
    I play both factions and theres not much difference, we're all idiots

Deleted
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=32839#comments

will probably act like this but with flasks and it would also be added if it where to be a guild perk

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm wondering if that new cauldrons will create high-end flasks. If yes, then it will ruin one of the biggest cash source for alchemist :<

Quote Originally Posted by Vanhelsen View Post
    I'm wondering if that new cauldrons will create high-end flasks. If yes, then it will ruin one of the biggest cash source for alchemist :<
    It seems that Blizzard is making it more and more difficult to profit solely from professions... It's like they are trying to force us to do dailies or have alts for gathering professions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless alchemy will just make cauldrons for profit instead of flasks.

Not like cooks suddenly couldn't make gold because everyone was feasting. They just sold feasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahon View Post
    Unless alchemy will just make cauldrons for profit instead of flasks.

Not like cooks suddenly couldn't make gold because everyone was feasting. They just sold feasts.
    pretty much this just sell the cauldrons

sounds like a good thing.
    now you can sell single flasks and couldrons, so double income.
    i mean random raids still will use sigle flasks i would guess.
    it sounds like normal food vs. fish feast for example.

Quote Originally Posted by methen View Post
    sounds like a good thing.
    now you can sell single flasks and couldrons, so double income.
    i mean random raids still will use sigle flasks i would guess.
    it sounds like normal food vs. fish feast for example.
    If they are anything like old BC cauldrons, the flasks they summon are classified as "conjured items" similar to Mage food / soulstones, so they can not be sold on AH or traded, and will dissapear when you log out for too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    If they are anything like old BC cauldrons, the flasks they summon are classified as "conjured items" similar to Mage food / soulstones, so they can not be sold on AH or traded, and will dissapear when you log out for too long.
    He's saying they can make normal flasks and sell, and make cauldrons to sell as well.

im going to guess that the cauldrons / feasts are probably going to be internal guild only (ie, you buy them as a guild from wherever you buy your guild rewards) and they only work for your guildies.

Cauldrons are the alchemy equivalent of a soul well.

Like this: http://www.wowhead.com/item=32849

A flask couldron is a huge pot that put down like a fish feast and 25 people will sink their heads into it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomag7 View Post
    A flask couldron is a huge pot that put down like a fish feast and 25 people will sink their heads into it.
    High school all over again...
    Well I just got back from a panda circus where I fucked twelve identical versions of Lexxi Belle while surfing on a sharks back in space.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...der&cn=Feythir

from what ive heard, cauldrons used to be around in old world wow. i think they were something that alchemists were able to 'discover' or something, ive never seen a cauldron recipe drop at any rate, and study guides of the day told raid leaders to have alchemists put down cauldrons of fire resist for the raid, on fights like onyxia.

Never saw anyone put one down before, even in bc for show --and no sign of them in wrath.

hope they make a comeback though, it would be really cool to put something like this down for raids!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

about time IMO. I would bet that alot of people will either sell both, or sell Flasks on AH and save the Cauldrons for guild-only runs.

Quote Originally Posted by frownface2000 View Post
    about time IMO. I would bet that alot of people will either sell both, or sell Flasks on AH and save the Cauldrons for guild-only runs.
    Indeed, just like fish feasts. Pure win. I could see a problem if the cauldrons themselves couldn't be sold in AH, but I would guess they can be.

I wonder...

Would you get the equivalent of a Fish Flask? Or would you need separate cauldrons for Endless Rage, Stoneblood etc. (Using the WotLK names for easy reference)

I wonder if it will require some alchemy skill to use it...
    Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.
    Mahatma Gandhi
    Ennoria(Draenei) - Evilcobra(Human) - Talizorah(Night Elf) - Ahsoka(Blood Elf)

Quote Originally Posted by Hohahihehu View Post
    I wonder...

Would you get the equivalent of a Fish Flask? Or would you need separate cauldrons for Endless Rage, Stoneblood etc. (Using the WotLK names for easy reference)
    If we assume that the cauldron has 25 "charges" (it can be clicked 25 times to supply one flask to each of a 25 man raid just like the TBC protection cauldrons (which any character could only have one of at any one time)), then it will have to be a "fish flask" type item in order to be worthwhile. Think about all the wasted charges if you had to put down an attack power flask cauldron and a health flask cauldron, and a spell power flask cauldron.

On the other hand, if the flask cauldron works more like a mage table providing up to four to six flasks of a specific type to each person who clicks it (enough to last through a typical raid night), then having separate cauldrons is not so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Centurion Cobra View Post
    I wonder if it will require some alchemy skill to use it...
    Most likely not, because then there would be a reason to have to bring an alchemist to raids and this does not fit into the "bring the player..." mindset.