Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    I love the warcraft lore and know most of what their is to know about it, but I never read the books, seems like they would be on par with fan girls reading twilight novels. I'm not sure why Sinestra doesn't have a scarred face and instead just scars on her body. Seems like she was busy with deathwing and he was into some sort of strange dominatrix thing. No idea where half her face is. Seems sorta bad ass to have her like that. I hate blizz retconning the lore.
    Mr. Serious Cat, I'll have to inform you in a serious manner that Beta is not serious business, and that things can and will change. Though... there's the possibility that it might not change, so if that happens feel free to get some cat nip.
    Elizabeth, Paladin of Stormwind, read the story of A Paladin in the Making.
    Featuring now: Agent Vanseph, human Rogue agent of SI: 7, and Floral, the mysterious night elf Huntress
    accompanied by Hummer, ex-lion Pridelord!

The Dog sheds its fur! It's actually a chick?!

Quote Originally Posted by Mistress Elizabeth View Post
    Mr. Serious Cat, I'll have to inform you in a serious manner that Beta is not serious business, and that things can and will change. Though... there's the possibility that it might not change, so if that happens feel free to get some cat nip.
    I highly doubt they'd make a unique model specifically for it to be a placeholder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
    Knaak is responsible for creating various godlike entities in the Warcraft background fiction, turning Warcraft from an epic clash of civilizations told through intertwining tales of heroes into a series of Godzilla fights.

Having a lot of Godzillas is useful, I guess, for making raid bosses. Personally, I don't see why dragons have to be gods or "aspects"; it's good enough for them to just be dragons.
    Without those "godzillas" wow would be... well it'd be like warhammer. I personally would love that, but I know the majority of the wow community would not. Sadly, wow players want to be told they are all gods among men, and that requires "godzillas". Make no mistake though, I totally agree, we should all be nameless grunts fighting for something greater than ourselves, but alas its not meant to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Malygos The Spellweaver View Post
    Wow, why do people hate the Knaak books so much?

They aren't that bad...
    Rhonin and an orc travel back in time to save the world from demons.

Yeah, tell me they're not that bad.

---------- Post added 2010-07-03 at 05:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kalyynthefailadin View Post
    Without those "godzillas" wow would be... well it'd be like warhammer. I personally would love that, but I know the majority of the wow community would not. Sadly, wow players want to be told they are all gods among men, and that requires "godzillas". Make no mistake though, I totally agree, we should all be nameless grunts fighting for something greater than ourselves, but alas its not meant to be.
    Knaak's problems is putting his favorite heroes in places they don't belong, doing things they shouldn't be doing.

Warcraft without heroes would be boring as fuck. "Hey, random useless grunt number 3084893! You don't matter, and everyone else is just as important, but go kill some Orcs so you can get killed later on!"
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    Rhonin and an orc travel back in time to save the world from demons.

Yeah, tell me they're not that bad.

---------- Post added 2010-07-03 at 05:21 PM ----------

Knaak's problems is putting his favorite heroes in places they don't belong, doing things they shouldn't be doing.

Warcraft without heroes would be boring as fuck. "Hey, random useless grunt number 3084893! You don't matter, and everyone else is just as important, but go kill some Orcs so you can get killed later on!"
    And, conveniently, Krasus is always weakened to the point where he's near useless so Rhonin has to get involved.

I think the majority of people can understand that the books themselves aren't ground breaking. That doesn't excuse them from being terrible, but when I read a few of them, I wasn't expecting an incredible book that is worth remembering for the rest of my life. Like someone already said, you are better off just reading a summary of the book to get at least some info on WoW lore (WTF are we doing in OS?!). Majority of the Warcraft books are purely entertainment books just like the majority of hip hop that glorifies gangs, murder, drugs, etc. so it really doesnt bother me anyway that they are bad as long as they don't fucked up the lore in WoW too much.

That said, the only book I liked was of blood and honor (Good thing I put the of in the title, the other thing that has blood and honor as title is a neo-natzi political group!).

Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    And, conveniently, Krasus is always weakened to the point where he's near useless so Rhonin has to get involved.
    Yes. Knaak will, however, reveal a plot twist where Krasus is in love with Rhonin (Alexstrazsa is in love with Rhonin as well) and was just pretending to see his glorious, blazing hair. They then have a threesome on Sargeras' body.

Quote Originally Posted by kalyynthefailadin View Post
    Warcraft 2 didn't have a lot of Godzillas. Warcraft 3 really only had the one. It doesn't need to be nameless grunts; there can be heroes and great leaders and brilliant tacticians. But everything gets stupid when there are always gods on the battlefield.

You don't need a supermage who can go toe-to-toe with a three-hundred foot gargantua. Compare and contrast Broxigar and Boromir from LotR.
    Author of DON'T EVER GET OLD , Nominated for the Edgar, Anthony and Thriller awards for Best First Novel.
    My Blog: http://danieljfriedman.blogspot.com
    My Warcraft/Gaming Blog: http://biggerthankologarn.blogspot.com
    My Twitter: http://twitter.com/DanFriedman81

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lol at people saying the books are bad.

Books are made for entertainment. There are people who like to read Knaak's books. A lot of them. therefor, the book is succesfull and thus good. You may not like it, but that doesn't make it bad.

Stop forcing your opinion on others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysera
    Making dreams 'enjoyable' since 10.000 B.N.
    Ysera fanclub. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Gallador View Post
    Lol at people saying the books are bad.

Books are made for entertainment. There are people who like to read Knaak's books. A lot of them. therefor, the book is succesfull and thus good. You may not like it, but that doesn't make it bad.

Stop forcing your opinion on others.
    Haven't heard but maybe 4 people say they "enjoyed" Knaak's books. If anything, people may say "they're okay".

And by your logic, Twilight is well written =/

For pure entertainment, evidence seem to show it is. In not so co-co-bananas land, the books are terrible imo. I guess I believe it comes to the eye of the beholder as long as the majority realize how terrible their ignorance is =)

Haven't heard but maybe 4 people say they "enjoyed" Knaak's books. If anything, people may say "they're okay".

Indeed you make a very good point, Twilight is a very good book!
    Thank you, it's not being said enough on forums and it seems us who
    can actually appreciate for the work of art it is make up very small group.

Though I can say some of the teen fans are quite annoying there ARE us who
    can see the literature masterpiece behind the slightly corny parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Frioz View Post
    For pure entertainment, evidence seem to show it is. In not so co-co-bananas land, the books are terrible imo. I guess I believe it comes to the eye of the beholder as long as the majority realize how terrible their ignorance is =)
    It's terribly written. It doesn't matter if 13 year old girls enjoy it because it's their insecure fantasy to be fought over by shirtless superhuman's who never wear shirts.

---------- Post added 2010-07-03 at 05:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Generic Forum Troll View Post
    Indeed you make a very good point, Twilight is a very good book!
    Thank you, it's not being said enough on forums and it seems us who
    can actually appreciate for the work of art it is make up very small group.

Though I can say some of the teen fans are quite annoying there ARE us who
    can see the literature masterpiece behind the slightly corny parts.
    Oh, Generic Forum Troll! You so crazy!

Yes. Knaak will, however, reveal a plot twist where Krasus is in love with Rhonin (Alexstrazsa is in love with Rhonin as well) and was just pretending to see his glorious, blazing hair. They then have a threesome on Sargeras' body.
    This plot twist is better than anything written by Knaak.

Twilight is just as bad as Knaak's works.

Full of Garys and Marys. Ugh ugh ughhhhhhhh....
    shit

It's terribly written. It doesn't matter if 13 year old girls enjoy it because it's their insecure fantasy to be fought over by shirtless superhuman's who never wear shirts.
    And I agree, it's terrible. But, some people keep eating the book for some reason, and those people believe that the writing is the most amazing thing. That is sorta my whole point lol, the warcraft books given to a person who has read the greatest literary works humanity has ever produce will laugh at your face and burn the book in your face compared to say given someone who is an anime fan and loves fantasy stories will thank you for the book.

Good thing well edumacated people have the final saying on written works.

Quote Originally Posted by Frioz View Post
    And I agree, it's terrible. But, some people keep eating the book for some reason, and those people believe that the writing is the most amazing thing. That is sorta my whole point lol, the warcraft books given to a person who has read the greatest literary works humanity has ever produce will laugh at your face and burn the book in your face compared to say given someone who is an anime fan and loves fantasy stories will thank you for the book.

Good thing well edumacated people have the final saying on written works.
    They keep buying the books because, as I stated, it's a fantasy. As Movie Bob of The Escapist said, it was a void that needed to be filled...and it was, even if it was with a really shitty book.

---------- Post added 2010-07-03 at 06:10 PM ----------

Thank you, Gunner. This needed to be re-post.

As Movie Bob of The Escapist said, it was a void that needed to be filled...and it was, even if it was with a really shitty book.
    Yup.

.....WoW.......
    Elizabeth, Paladin of Stormwind, read the story of A Paladin in the Making.
    Featuring now: Agent Vanseph, human Rogue agent of SI: 7, and Floral, the mysterious night elf Huntress
    accompanied by Hummer, ex-lion Pridelord!

The Dog sheds its fur! It's actually a chick?!