10+ Year Old Account

Trinket Question: Holy

I've started building up my holy set again - haven't healed since early Ulduar - and I've reached a trinket conundrum.

I have Talisman of Resurgence. However, I also have Egg of Mortal Essence and Forethought Talisman.

What two would be the best combination?

Get Tears of the vanquished from ToC 5 normal and use it with Talisman of Resurgence. Egg vs. Forethought depends on your current haste.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been trying to get that, but it refuses to drop. As for my haste, it's at about 10%. My gear isn't that good.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would use Talisman of Resurgence & Egg of Mortal Essence

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks, but is there a reason why? Or is it just a guess, or because haste is awesome?

10+ Year Old Account
    Haste is probably the sexiest stat ingame for anyone, but holy paladins especially. Once you hit 676 haste (soft cap with raid buffs) you can focus less on it, but certainly don't disregard it.

Tears is your best beat , its a better than talismin , You can also try for a solace from 25 man TOC , its 3rd BiS to meteorite crystal from 10 man ulduar , Id go looking for tears+ Talimin or Tears + Solace

Talisman aint that bad if u use it while u pop Divine Plea imo : ) I go with Tears + Talisman atm, and I like it : )
    (Dont got any better tho, since its only my OS..)
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Elovan View Post
    Haste is probably the sexiest stat ingame for anyone, but holy paladins especially. Once you hit 676 haste (soft cap with raid buffs) you can focus less on it, but certainly don't disregard it.
    You should never focus less on haste. Haste remains second to only intellect until you reach 1500 haste or so, which means a 1 second Holy Light casttime. You won't reach that number unless you gem for it, which you shouldn't unless you severly outgear content.

Go for tears of vanquish, it WILL eventually drop, with the random dungeon tool nowadays it shouldn't take too long to grab it

With the SP -> Intellect change for cataclysm, having a high ilvl SP trinket (badge trinket, gunship trinket, marrowgar trinket, RS trinket) will make your life easier when healing 5-mans compared to low level "WotLK-good" trinkets like Meteorite crystal or Tears of the Vanquished.

Feel free to PM me about any question you might have regarding LoL.
    Holy paladin

Quote Originally Posted by thoukaia View Post
    With the SP -> Intellect change for cataclysm, having a high ilvl SP trinket (badge trinket, gunship trinket, marrowgar trinket, RS trinket) will make your life easier when healing 5-mans compared to low level "WotLK-good" trinkets like Meteorite crystal or Tears of the Vanquished.
    Actually its int->SP, so having an int trinket will probably benefit you just as much, if not more, seeing as how you will likely have mana issues in the early days/weeks of cata, till you get gear from raids etc.
    I guess I'm back? Sighhhh....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forcelink View Post
    Actually its int->SP, so having an int trinket will probably benefit you just as much, if not more, seeing as how you will likely have mana issues in the early days/weeks of cata, till you get gear from raids etc.
    I think he was saying that SP on gear will become Int in Cataclysm, so that a piece with high SP will have high Int in Cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by Elovan View Post
    I think he was saying that SP on gear will become Int in Cataclysm, so that a piece with high SP will have high Int in Cataclysm.
    AH I understand now. Still, my statement still stands. Its quite likely that blizzard will keep the int:SP conversion in tune with other int trinkets of that tier(Like solace 150 SP will be about 128 int on talisman) because the only reason SP is higher than int at the same ilvl is because SP is worth more ipoints (int:SP ratio is 20:23)

Who cares what it will become in Cata? By the time you're done leveling, 90% of your gear will be replaced anyhow and who the hell levels as Holy?

Don't gimp yourself now for what might be in the future.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest View Post
    Who cares what it will become in Cata? By the time you're done leveling, 90% of your gear will be replaced anyhow and who the hell levels as Holy?

Don't gimp yourself now for what might be in the future.
    ^true.
    EXCEPT, I levelled as holy in wrath and half of BC. Thank you /bow
    Although I personally plan to lvl as prot(My OS) this time round ._.