Making Glory of the Raider mounts obtainable

I am starting a petition to Blizzard for the ability to acquire the Reins of the Plagued Proto Drake and the Reins of the Black Proto Drake from the Glory of the Raider Meta Achievements. Since blizzard had said they didn't want overgeared characters to farm these mounts and removed them. Well now there are overgeared characters farming the Ulduar mounts. Then to make matters worse Blizzard has stated that they won't remove the Ulduar or Icecrown drakes come Cataclysm which would result in almost any group of level 85's to farm them. These are two of the coolest looking mounts in the game and I feel that they have been improperly removed. For those that try to argue the achieves are easy, I would like to remind them that The Undying and The Immortal achievements are required in the meta ahcievement. Now I know 10 man version is fairly easy but the 25 man requires a lot of cooperation to not fail on frogger, safety dance and some fights. If you would like to sign please just write signed in your post. Please keep discussion to a minimal if any at all. I will be emailing this link to Blizzard when I feel there are enough signatures and if they choose to actually look through this I don't want them to have to read through random chatter.

This isn't the official suggestion forum.

Pention on non-official World of Warcraft website = Blizzard not caring

Quote Originally Posted by insanitee View Post
    25 man requires a lot of cooperation to not fail on frogger
    Trash deaths do not count against Immortal or Undying.
    (not tearing you down, just an fyi)

10+ Year Old Account
    Now I know 10 man version is fairly easy but the 25 man requires a lot of cooperation to not fail on frogger, safety dance and some fights.
    First off, 10 man naxx is extremely easy, and if your failing on frogger in 25 man naxx let alone any boss you are pretty awful.

But.. I don't think blizzard will bring these mounts into the game personally seeing as they were already removed but crazier things have happened. Anyways good luck on your petition.

Quote Originally Posted by insanitee View Post
    but the 25 man requires a lot of cooperation to not fail on frogger, safety dance and some fights.
    Beside the fact that deaths on trash don't count against the Immortal, you're enormously mistaking if you think Heigan's dance is where Immortal raids struggled. Level 80 Heigan is 100% predictable (and - unlike the level 60 one - he's also very forgiving if you mistake), therefore any guild that was able to express a good shoot on the Immortal would have not failed on Heigan. I've seen odds happening on other (yet easy) Naxx bosses, but not Hegain, not a chance. If you die on Heigan, you're bad. In other words, you have no clue about the Immortal.

Beside that, I wish you bad luck with your petition, they did the good thing with removing those mounts like they should remove every other mount and reward of the same kind once new content patches come out.

Anyway, altho they changed their policy along the road with the new meta achievements, they are hardly gonna restore something that has been removed. And they're even less likely gonna listen to your petition.

Glory of the Raider hardly added anything difficult to the encounters(in most cases). It was mainly just 'do this and that' during the normal fight, whereas the Ulduar/Icecrown Raider require you to actually do the bosses in heroic mode, I assume that's the reason the Ulduar ones aren't removed.

Most of those achievements were very unforgiving; Undying/Immortal, Shocked and so forth, so it was not a lot of guilds who were able to get it due to the limited time you had to do those achievements.
    Last edited by KandyCane; 2010-07-03 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinyknight View Post
    But yeah I agree with memory, safety dance was not where immortal raids fell down, in my experience it was either due to random stuff like disconnects (we had one guy go twice on saph air phase, we only had one guardian spirit) or lapses of concentration on KT (void zones, mind controls).
    We actually had our Holy Pally disconnect as the raid got frozen right at KT, he relogged right before the melee died. Was scary as hell lol.

HAHA greedy casual scrubs. Seriously you NEED EVERYTHING with NO EFFORT? Please just gtfo...

Blizzard hates petitions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    HAHA greedy casual scrubs. Seriously you NEED EVERYTHING with NO EFFORT? Please just gtfo...
    Even tho I would kill to get the mounts back, i agree with this.

15+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, I don't think the reasons for the removal were entirely based on "overgearing the content", let alone the reasons for not removing the Ulduar mounts being the same.

Naxx bosses don't require nearly as much coordination, even through the achievements, as the Ulduar hard modes do. Even gear won't help you alone through Firefighter and One Light (especially One Light). Heck, to be honest, Algalon on 10 in 264 gear still hits hard enough to take out 60% of a tank's health pool in a 3 second timeframe.

As opposed to the Naxx achievements, where gear didn't really matter to begin with. With the exception of maybe Patchwerk and possibly KT, the rest were still even easy to do at the current time. Now, OUTSIDE of Naxx is where the Protos almost get some defense at a return. But to be honest, between Sarth 3D zergs and Malygos kills where phase 1 and 2 combine to last two minutes...no, I really don't see the necessity to bring the mount back as that completely and utterly alters the intended mechanics of the encounter.

I'm fine with the Plagued and Black Proto being the "elite status" item or what have you, while the Rusted will likely be deemed the "casual 310" (and I say this as an owner of a Rusted achieved in 3.3, I admit it openly and don't care what you think). Also, I highly doubt Blizzard will go back and retroact the achievements to re-include the protos. It requires far more fixing than you would think it should, and I think that time can be far better served fixing more important things in the game.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present