Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

The fate of the flights

Yeah, I know my topic title sounds like something for a new book. But I digress (lol)!.

OT: If Alextrasza does end up being corrupted and unsavable (which I highly doubt she wont be). We're going to end up having no flights to protect us. Malygos is dead, Deathwing is going to be, imo there is no chance of saving him. If we couldn't save Malygos (although we didn't really try to), theres no chance in hell we're going to save Deathwing.

The Bronze Dragonflight lead by Nozdormu is soon going to fall I believe. We are revealed that the infinite dragons leader is Nozdormu, and Noz knows what his fate is and he can't change it. I think as the time draws near, which for the sake of the warcraft story will be soon, we will eventually have to fight him or something that involves him betraying us because of his insanity caused by him knowing how he will die/be corrupted. If we do end up killing Alextrasza because deathwing corrupts her then she'll be gone.

We all know that Ysera is the younger sister of Alexstrasza, she is going to be in cataclysm helping fight against Ragnaros to save the world tree and Hyjal. We may also see her taking the role of dragonqueen if Alexstrasza is corrupted. This may set her up for a larger role in future expansions. We all know how much blizzard likes for major lore characters who are seemingly good to become corrupt, Arthas anyone? I have a feeling somthing like this might happen in cataclysm or a future expansion.

We've had a larger involvment than before with the dragon aspects in wotlk. We've grown dependent on them for protection and help in a way when needed. The wrathgate would have been an even bigger disaster than it already was if it wasn't for the dragons. I think at some point we won't have any dragon aspects/flight to help us in a time of need, and we'll have new leaders of some ancient race to take on the role of the aspects. Like... the elemental lords become allies. I know its a complete BS idea. But with how each aspect 1 by one is falling and information is coming out that there are attempts to corrupt the remaining ones we'll have problems without them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    OT: If Alextrasza does end up being corrupted and unsavable (which I highly doubt she wont be). We're going to end up having no flights to protect us. Malygos is dead, Deathwing is going to be, imo there is no chance of saving him. If we couldn't save Malygos (although we didn't really try to), theres no chance in hell we're going to save Deathwing.
    I resent that.

haha I actually liked Malygos, he shouldn't have died the way he did. He was definitly redeemable. He was almost saved by himself when he gaind part of his sanity back. Alexstrasza was a bitch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malygos The Spellweaver View Post
    I resent that.
    It was only a setback.

next there will be leaked pictures of undead Malygos, and he'll be fighting alongside neltharion and onyxia. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    haha I actually liked Malygos, he shouldn't have died the way he did. He was definitly redeemable. He was almost saved by himself when he gaind part of his sanity back. Alexstrasza was a bitch.
    Blue totally clashes with red.

Why can't we just admit it? We won't stop until the blood is flowing.

What you guys don't seem to remember is that Malygos is like ''lol kk i'm like, gonna divert your magics and probably destroy the world 10 times over. But dats okay!'', and the reds kind of had to act quick, because, you know, he could blow the world up... anyday. And I'm sure they couldn't try, as the Blues pretty much became hostile to all other races and dragonflights.

Now I like Maly, he was a pretty cool guy, but I don't think he gave Alex and the reds any chance. :/
    shit

The problem I feel is that Blizzard seems to treat the Aspects indeed more as huge pinata's with no real mind of their own. I still feel that they really went into a piss-poor direction with Malygos. Yes beat him down, but we should not have killed him, nor did we need to imho. While I loathe the idea, sadly I think we end up killing all five.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathGodInATutu View Post
    What you guys don't seem to remember is that Malygos is like ''lol kk i'm like, gonna divert your magics and probably destroy the world 10 times over. But dats okay!'', and the reds kind of had to act quick, because, you know, he could blow the world up... anyday. And I'm sure they couldn't try, as the Blues pretty much became hostile to all other races and dragonflights.

Now I like Maly, he was a pretty cool guy, but I don't think he gave Alex and the reds any chance. :/
    But there was a time when Malygos secluded himself from the world after his insanity and gained much of his sanity back. But something caused him to lose it again. He could have been saved. But yah he was a major threat and we had to act fast to stop him from asploding azeroth. But if given time and if he worked before we let him gather so much magical energy, he would have been saved.

But there was a time when Malygos secluded himself from the world after his insanity and gained much of his sanity back. But something caused him to lose it again. He could have been saved. But yah he was a major threat and we had to act fast to stop him from asploding azeroth. But if given time and if he worked before we let him gather so much magical energy, he would have been saved.
    We couldn't give him time, could we though? He did a very reckless thing, and his downfall is the consequence.
    shit

Thats what I'm saying, we with the time given to us we had no choice, if we acted sooner knowing where he was heading, we could have prevented killing him. We have Nozdormu, he can see into the future. Why not have told us about Malygos' fate. Yes it would alter the timeline. But what effect did having Malygos killed do to the timeline versus what happened if we let him live.

10+ Year Old Account
    "As for me, I came back to ensure that there would be a future, to teach the world that it no longer needed Guardians"

*points at dragon aspects* that includes you! begone primitave beasts!

10+ Year Old Account
    We still have the Blue Flight, no? Kalecgos is taking over management of them and he's on our side still. And if Alexstrasza falls and can't be saved, it's possible Korialstrasz could take command in her place.

We couldn't do anything, because we were all in Outland thwarting Illidan and the Legion. And Nozdormu pretty much told Malygos's fate to Korialstrasz. When we came to Northrend, it was a wee bit too late.
    shit

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think we'll be killing either Alexstrasza or Ysera. Ysera just escaped the Emerald Nightmare and Alexstrasza doesn't really have any threats to her sanity. The blue dragonflight, although struck hard, are regrouping in Cataclysm in Azshara to protect themselves from Deathwing. Just because an aspect dies, doesn't mean the flight is gone.

Hell, maybe Azuregos or Kalec will be the next "aspect".

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, can't other dragons from that flight just take over the leadership? For example, like Rivin said Kalecgos is taking control of the blues.
    Besides, from Algalon we know that the Titans are watching Azeroth closely. Should the situation become dire, the Makers can just create new Aspects by empowering another dragon.

...Right?
    Taz'dingo!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    We still have the Blue Flight, no? Kalecgos is taking over management of them and he's on our side still. And if Alexstrasza falls and can't be saved, it's possible Korialstrasz could take command in her place.
    isn't the blue flight on the verge of extinction? basically the reason why the red dragon flight is searching the world for all remaining ones due to the fear of deathwing finishing the job after them being weakened by the death of malygos?

Yes we do have Korialstrasz but the problem he is isn't a dragon aspect. Aspects were empowered by the titans themselves. When malygos died we don't know what happened to the power he had inside him. He never transferred the massive amount of power he had to Korialstrasz. So he can take lead of the blues, but not be an aspect. He's like the guy whos second in command to the king. He takes his role when gone, but in no way has the power of the king.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    isn't the blue flight on the verge of extinction? basically the reason why the red dragon flight is searching the world for all remaining ones due to the fear of deathwing finishing the job after them being weakened by the death of malygos?
    Better than nothing. xP

Yes we do have Korialstrasz but the problem he is isn't a dragon aspect. Aspects were empowered by the titans themselves. When malygos died we don't know what happened to the power he had inside him. He never transferred the massive amount of power he had to Korialstrasz. So he can take lead of the blues, but not be an aspect. He's like the guy whos second in command to the king. He takes his role when gone, but in no way has the power of the king.
    We've done okay without the help of the Aspects so far (only Malygos has required their help). Even if Malygos's power is gone forever, the combined power of the dragonflights would at least be a big help.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    The reds aren't hunting the blues in cataclysm since they have no need to. The flight can continue. There wont be a blue aspect anymore but another blue dragon can step up and take lead of the flight, making babies etc.