Thread: PvP Builds!

PvP Builds!

I was trying to look into a early pvp build its just becoming obvious that Marks will be the way to go in PvP seeing as that heal is just to good to be true. It also offers a lot of other great pvp procs and bonus. Mixed with a little bit of Surv... We have a winning spec. Now here is the thing I love the most and I wanted to do in WotLK but couldn't because arcane shot became useless and that is L&L. here is my build.

cata.wowhead.com/talent#cxbZ0gAdhIzbdhIziox0hrRh

(do to being somewhat new to the site or actually being registered and posting on this site. I am unable to post the link. Sorry)

Reasons for specific Talents:
    improved arcane shot: I think it is evident that this is going to be a primary ability now that ArP is gone for the most part and an extra 15% dmg is a lot.

Aimed Shot: This is where I get a little bit iffy when it comes to the build. With the changes for Aimed Shot it seems like it is going to be an opener. Long cast. Hard hitting spell. If we move down to the next talent...

Careful Aim: This talent has changed a lot. It seems like it wont be useful very long in PvE but in PvP the target is probably going to be over 90% multiple times. With all the abilities that improve the crit and dmg % of Aimed shot. Along with camo. I believe this will make for a great opener.

Improved Concussive Shot
    Concussive Barrage
    Dazzled Prey:
    When ever your target is dazed you deal 10% extra dmg with Arcane Shot and Chimera Shot! So you Daze your target ok... then you launch a frost trap over to them and get what will be my next point a L&L proc and you have a nice little burst set up right there. (downside to this is it can be very situational but at the same time very common situation.)

Resistance is Futile: I like this mainly because I have my Kill Command Macro'd in with my Steady shot atm. I'm not sure how this will work in Cata but if its the same It will be a must have. That is why I also placed points in the BM tree to get the improved Kill Command.

I worked my way down the Surv tree to get Lock and Load for the arcane shot but one thing u can do is instead of getting 3 points into Entrapment you could place 2 into Hawk Eye to increase your range and just 1 into Entrapment.

Please leave feedback or your own builds.
    It's your $14.95 a month, but when you are in a raid, you are wasting our $358.80.

I must be retarded. I just looked down the list of all the abilities/talents listed on MMO and I do not see...

"Dazzled Prey: When ever your target is dazed you deal 10% extra dmg with Arcane Shot and Chimera Shot! So you Daze your target ok... then you launch a frost trap over to them and get what will be my next point a L&L proc and you have a nice little burst set up right there. (downside to this is it can be very situational but at the same time very common situation.)"

...where do you see this?

Quote Originally Posted by Danur View Post
    I must be retarded. I just looked down the list of all the abilities/talents listed on MMO and I do not see...

"Dazzled Prey: When ever your target is dazed you deal 10% extra dmg with Arcane Shot and Chimera Shot! So you Daze your target ok... then you launch a frost trap over to them and get what will be my next point a L&L proc and you have a nice little burst set up right there. (downside to this is it can be very situational but at the same time very common situation.)"

...where do you see this?
    Marks Tree, Left side, Near the bottom just under Concussive Barrage. Its in the talent tree on wowhead. So im guessing its the most recent beta build on wowhead.

It is also on MMO if you scroll down the Hunter page to where it shows talents and choose Marks. It will be down there.
    Last edited by Noverias; 2010-07-03 at 07:26 PM.
    It's your $14.95 a month, but when you are in a raid, you are wasting our $358.80.

Assuming you won't leave camo until you actually fire, aimed shot can work against casters. If you feign death, drop combat on them, and immediately hit camo, you can start casting the aimed shot right in their face as they frantically try and queue up an AoE on you, by the time you're in combat again you'll have hit them with a 40k crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Assuming you won't leave camo until you actually fire, aimed shot can work against casters. If you feign death, drop combat on them, and immediately hit camo, you can start casting the aimed shot right in their face as they frantically try and queue up an AoE on you, by the time you're in combat again you'll have hit them with a 40k crit.
    Well you have to remember too that atm it will take 3 seconds for camo to take effect and camo will only last 1 min max at the current build. But still you can really have a good open here.