Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Hunter Cata Beta Video

Heres a video of someone playing a Hunter in the Cataclysm Beta
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bv87f3JVHzs

Focus looks interesting
    Of course it can change, but for now it looks to regen slowly and be a steadyshot spam.
    Aimed shot is back as the big opener which can one shot quest mobs

Thanks for the link Syatek

The rotation actually seems quite similiar to what we are used to, anyway.
    Chimerah shot, Arcane shot (imagine this is our times Aimed), steady shot till chimerah is off cooldown and repeat. Sub-20% put kill shot ahead of chimreah, and drop arcane because of regen starving, and fire off aimed shot when it procs.
    But I have to admit it does seem like its regenning a bit too slow - especially for a movement heavy fight, where you can't steadyshot to regain like he is doing. Hopefully Haste will affect it enough to make it worth stacking haste for regen, like healers stacks Mp5 or spirit for regen.

He's not in fox which will probably be the soloing aspect of choice, that's 20 or 30% more focus regeneration off the top. We also have NO haste on our gear by choice, when it will be one of our more important stats at 85.

Remember that most 264/277 hunters with zero to little haste are actually in the worst possible position for the focus transition. At least, as you can see in the video, his damage is through the roof.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    He's not in fox which will probably be the soloing aspect of choice, that's 20 or 30% more focus regeneration off the top. We also have NO haste on our gear by choice, when it will be one of our more important stats at 85.

Remember that most 264/277 hunters with zero to little haste are actually in the worst possible position for the focus transition. At least, as you can see in the video, his damage is through the roof.
    Yeah I got 0 haste at the moment lol, will be tough

I wonder what will happen to all our ArP gems?
    Transferred to agility I hope

I've heard people say both crit and mastery, can't say for sure though.

Saw this on wowhead

Melee/Druid Tanks/Hunters
    ■A lot more Stamina. Bear-form Stamina scaling will be lowered as a result.
    ■Strength if you wear plate. Agility if you wear mail or leather.
    ■Existing Attack Power becomes Agility and Stamina. Armor Penetration becomes Haste or Crit.
    ■No Intellect on melee gear. Hunters won't need Intellect (since they will no longer use mana). Shamans and retribution paladins will get mana and spell damage in other ways.

Items with haste and arp on them will get the arp converted to crit, items with crit and arp will get the arp converted to haste, so we should end up with tons of haste.

An interesting idea, I'd love to see how much haste the guy in the video has, then, because his focus doesn't seem much higher than normal.

If I am correct I think I read that they had not changed the gems over in beta as of yet. So..... he could still have ZERO haste. I noticed the regen seemed a little slow too, granted the video was small from my comp, was he only casting one shot then had no focus or was it two and then steady?

Quote Originally Posted by Syatek View Post
    Heres a video of someone playing a Hunter in the Cataclysm Beta
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bv87f3JVHzs

Focus looks interesting
    Of course it can change, but for now it looks to regen slowly and be a steadyshot spam.
    Aimed shot is back as the big opener which can one shot quest mobs
    What I've been saying all along but the PvE heros from mmo don't see anything wrong with the ss spam...
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotjuice View Post
    What I've been saying all along but the PvE heros from mmo don't see anything wrong with the ss spam...
    Because that's the same thing you do in PvP! Shots have CDs so what do you do when your shots are on CD? You spam Steady Shot. Quit crying becuase you're a PvPer and think you're better than everyone else.

---------- Post added 2010-07-04 at 02:25 PM ----------

OP: Thanks for the video. However, I shouldn't have watched it. I'm even MORE envious of those in beta now. *sigh*
    I'll not spend my days glancing over my shoulder for assassins. Let them look back for me. --Elbryan, the Nightbird.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Thundercougr/

10+ Year Old Account
    I need MOAR damage from aimed shot. Seriously, if I can't one shot clothies out of camo, I will be severely dissapointed.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thereign View Post
    I need MOAR damage from aimed shot. Seriously, if I can't one shot clothies out of camo, I will be severely dissapointed.
    Did you play in Vanilla? It was rare to one-shot someone then, and Clothies only had ~3k HP. Aimed Shot had a 3sec cast time, but at least when it crit it took off 50%+ of a clothie's HP. I still doubt you'd be able to one-shot someone in Cata, especially with the heavily increased amounts of Stamina for DPS. However, you should be able to take off a huge chunk of someone's HP, before PvP gets underway and everyone is rocking tons of resilience. Hell, jsut looking at the video, you can see Aimed Shot critting for 20kish.

edit: That's almost disappointing, because I noticed when he was using Kill Shot, it was barely hitting as hard as Aimed. Hopefully Kill gets bumped..we need to see 40k KS in Cata! (Yes you can see them now, but that's with ArP..).
    I'll not spend my days glancing over my shoulder for assassins. Let them look back for me. --Elbryan, the Nightbird.

Here's a level 82 hunter in the new Twin Peaks. She crits a shadow priest for 21k with Aimed Shot, her Arcane crits for ~11k, and her Steady crits for ~6.5k. Sounds a lot, but these guys are mostly PvE geared at level 82 and already have 40k HP; so by the time you're 85 and decked out in PvP gear it's unlikely you'll be one-shotting anyone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADj23xl1ddg

Deleted
    Guys i heard that they nerfed Aimed shot dmg by 10% do you know if thats true?

Quote Originally Posted by buttspawn View Post
    Because that's the same thing you do in PvP! Shots have CDs so what do you do when your shots are on CD? You spam Steady Shot. Quit crying becuase you're a PvPer and think you're better than everyone else.

---------- Post added 2010-07-04 at 02:25 PM ----------

OP: Thanks for the video. However, I shouldn't have watched it. I'm even MORE envious of those in beta now. *sigh*
    You're very smart, its totally the same thing how can I not see that...

You wont be able to do shit because to regain focus you need to steady shot since the regen is crap right now. So after you do something like the current chimera>aimed>arcane you'll be out of focus and not able to kite till the cd is back (like currently) because you need to steady shot to get focus back so you can actually do some dmg again.

Its not the same thing, is not even close to being the same thing and the fact that you fail at seeing the difference just makes my point stronger.
    Last edited by Gotjuice; 2010-07-04 at 10:16 PM.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

PvP will not be a problem for us, anyone in PvP will be using aspect of the fox anyway, and will probably have enough focus to use their shots on cooldown. Take a few deep breaths and relax some, the world isn't going to light on fire because of what's happening in the beta.

another hunter in cata vid

I'm making some tutorial vids on what's going on in Cataclysm. Here's a link to my MM vid (first of 3 for the talent builds)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbwUk1HGYiI

if you don't want to click on the link you can just go to my You Tube page. My user name is Zeilla8.

Happy Hunting! <3 Z

WoW Vlogs and Cooking Videos on YouTube. Click Below!
    http://www.youtube.com/Zeilla8

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeilla8 View Post
    I'm making some tutorial vids on what's going on in Cataclysm. Here's a link to my MM vid (first of 3 for the talent builds)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbwUk1HGYiI

if you don't want to click on the link you can just go to my You Tube page. My user name is Zeilla8.

Happy Hunting! <3 Z
    Did you not see the responses to your video in your original post? There's no reason to post it in other threads..