Page 1 of 13
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Varian's a jackass again.

Found this:

WoWwiki:

"In Cataclysm, Moira's father, King Magni, will turn into stone. Along with her uncle Muradin and Thane Falstad Wildhammer, she will take Magni's place in the High Seat in Ironforge, representing the Dark Iron Dwarves. King Varian Wrynn sends agents of SI:7 to assassinate Moira, sensing that the events in Ironforge would send a shockwave through the Alliance, and they are apparently successful."
    My name is in Latin, deal with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zykothepsycho View Post
    What can I say? I put the sexy in dyslexia.
    You're = You Are. Your = Possessive. ITS NOT THAT HARD. GET IT RIGHT, OR I WILL CASTRATE YOU. WITH RUSTY PLIERS.
    Also, THEY'RE = THEY ARE. THERE = IDENTIFYING A SPECIFIED AREA. THEIR = POSSESSIVE.

And nothing of value was lost.

Ha, her name is Moira

Quote Originally Posted by Ardeo Obustus View Post
    Found this:

WoWwiki:

"In Cataclysm, Moira's father, King Magni, will turn into stone. Along with her uncle Muradin and Thane Falstad Wildhammer, she will take Magni's place in the High Seat in Ironforge, representing the Dark Iron Dwarves. King Varian Wrynn sends agents of SI:7 to assassinate Moira, sensing that the events in Ironforge would send a shockwave through the Alliance, and they are apparently successful."
    You're aware that the Dark Irons have been trying to forcefully take over Ironforge, right? What do you think she plans on doing?
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

10+ Year Old Account
    I never liked her anyways.

Hopefully those Dark Irons GTFO of Ironforge after that.

Yeah. The Dark Iron dwarves are in league with Ragnaros. I don't understand why they would be allowed representation in the Alliance.
    Author of DON'T EVER GET OLD , Nominated for the Edgar, Anthony and Thriller awards for Best First Novel.
    My Blog: http://danieljfriedman.blogspot.com
    My Warcraft/Gaming Blog: http://biggerthankologarn.blogspot.com
    My Twitter: http://twitter.com/DanFriedman81

Because "apparently" now means "definitely, without question, doubt, or uncertainty", right guys?
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

Varian just gained more of my respect, you should know the dark iron dwarves are with ragnoras, this will end up helping the dwarves in the long run.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wynn assassinates Moira by poking her her eye with his chin.

1. King Magni still cares about his daughter, although she's gone over to the Dark Iron Dwarf's side. Not to mention, that old quest where she was already carrying the baby of the last ruler of the Dark Iron Dwarfs. Still. With Magni and his brothers incapacitated (and the current leader of the Wildhammers), it puts the dwarven nation without a ruler. I bet the curse is something initated by the dark iron dwarves and Moira to seize control of the Kingdom. If it comes to that, Varian will have little choice. Find a cure for Magni and the stone turned dwarves, or a more drastic action would be to assassinate Moira. I don't think Varian's being an ass here. But the threat to the Alliance is one that cannot be ignored. It could however make things worse for the dwarves and the alliance in some way.

Quote Originally Posted by InternetBoss View Post
    1. King Magni still cares about his daughter, although she's gone over to the Dark Iron Dwarf's side. Not to mention, that old quest where she was already carrying the baby of the last ruler of the Dark Iron Dwarfs. Still. With Magni and his brothers incapacitated (and the current leader of the Wildhammers), it puts the dwarven nation without a ruler. I bet the curse is something initated by the dark iron dwarves and Moira to seize control of the Kingdom. If it comes to that, Varian will have little choice. Find a cure for Magni and the stone turned dwarves, or a more drastic action would be to assassinate Moira. I don't think Varian's being an ass here. But the threat to the Alliance is one that cannot be ignored. It could however make things worse for the dwarves and the alliance in some way.
    Ok, so lets just say this. First off, judging by the picture of her in IF, i doubt she died unless its phased. Secondly, its a dick move because she was looking for peace(or so it said) it wasnt a plot, it was not a plot as far as we know.

Magni supposedly chose to turn himself to stone.

It was a deal he made with the Elementals in order to protect Ironforge from the Cataclysm.

Varian is defending his faction?

OMG WTF WHAT A DOUCHE.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    You're aware that the Dark Irons have been trying to forcefully take over Ironforge, right? What do you think she plans on doing?
    Yes, but that is still interfering in an allied nation's sovereignty. That is a big "no-no" in international relations no matter how honorable the intentions. This becomes a much greater breech of sovereignty if he does coordinates this without Muradin or Falstad. If Magni Bronzebeard is unpetrified, how do you think he will react after hearing that his daughter came back only to be killed by SI:7 under Varian Wrynn's orders? As a frequent dwarf player, I found Varian's actions appalling once I first heard of this rumor.

if what is stated is true, the alliance killed their leader so ya they probably would be hostile.

Edit: This is only what im guessing from what others have said, but from what i've heard Moira was trying to get peace and was killed
    Last edited by Thrive; 2010-07-04 at 03:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldarc View Post
    Yes, but that is still interfering in an allied nation's sovereignty. That is a big "no-no" in international relations no matter how honorable the intentions. This becomes a much greater breech of sovereignty if he does coordinates this without Muradin or Falstad. If Magni Bronzebeard is unpetrified, how do you think he will react after hearing that his daughter came back only to be killed by SI:7 under Varian Wrynn's orders? As a frequent dwarf player, I found Varian's actions appalling once I first heard of this rumor.
    As a fellow Dwarf player, I'd ask Varian if I could call the death blow on that *****.

I love Magni and all, but sometimes we have to make sacrifices for the good of our people. It seems like he knows this considering his choice to turn to stone.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Dark Iron Dwarves serve Ragnaros, who serves the Old Gods. Why not just put C'thun in a top hat and drag him into the throne room?

Quote Originally Posted by Daemaro View Post
    The Dark Iron Dwarves serve Ragnaros, who serves the Old Gods. Why not just put C'thun in a top hat and drag him into the throne room?
    Because that would hurt his eye. A fancy contact would be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Badgers View Post
    Varian is defending his faction?

OMG WTF WHAT A DOUCHE.

This pretty much sums up every Horde argument about Varian.