Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Worgen Druids, Pime Taradox

So you start a worgen. The first six or so levels take place as a human, fighting against the worgen, before you are infected.
    Worgen learn druidism from the night elves.
    You meet the night elves after you become a worgen.
    What does a player rolling a worgen druid do for the first six or so levels? Human casting wrath, with no way of having learned it? Or might you play those first few levels as another, generic class, and switch over to druid once you meet the nelfs.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't be surprised if it was just "Meh, it's a game. You'll get over it."

Gilnean / Worgen Druids start out as practicioners of the "Old Ways". They go by the title "of the Harvest" and practice an ancient form of nature magic worship / usage. They were the ones who kept Gilneas' food supply and crops up despite the nation being closed off from the rest of the world.

They were naturally the ones who took up the path of the more traditional Druid once the Night Elves introduced and explained their new connection to it.

As you start a Worgen Druid, you are refered to as a 'Mage with natural abilitys' or a mage that is more like a primal mage who uses the nature for his/her attacks.
    At level 10 you get a quest for your form that explains it (not in the beta so dunno), but pretty much before you are a mage.

Celestine of the Harvest <Druid Trainer>

Quest: http://cata.wowhead.com/quest=14283

Essentially you are nature mages, "keepers of the old ways," presumably the old ways of magic before the high elves taught arcane magic to humans. (Vrykul druids of Eonar or Freya anyone?) At first, you are a follower of this tradition of druidism, but later take up the night elf version of druidism.

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if it was just "Meh, it's a game. You'll get over it."
    Just like the time paradox of going backwards in time when traveling to outland and northrend.

It's a game, get over it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldarc View Post
    Celestine of the Harvest <Druid Trainer>

Quest: http://cata.wowhead.com/quest=14283

Essentially you are nature mages, "keepers of the old ways," presumably the old ways of magic before the high elves taught arcane magic to humans. (Vrykul druids of Eonar or Freya anyone?) At first, you are a follower of this tradition of druidism, but later take up the night elf version of druidism.
    That's pretty cool then.

Indeed, quite cool. I wonder if this opens the door to human druids down the road.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    Indeed, quite cool. I wonder if this opens the door to human druids down the road.
    Those would be some incredibly ugly and disturbing druid forms...

10+ Year Old Account
    not suprised if gilneas kept the druid/shammy vykrul stuff

Wow cool. Haven't heard of that stuff myself, good thing Blizzard pays attention to details like that (small as it is being only 6~ levels) and gets them to work.

Likely. Furthermore, I believe I saw a quest in Ashenvale that makes mention of two worgen shamans (brother and sister even). I think Blizzard is using Cataclysm to lay the further foundations for future class/race combos.

Likely. Furthermore, I believe I saw a quest in Ashenvale that makes mention of two worgen shamans (brother and sister even). I think Blizzard is using Cataclysm to lay the further foundations for future class/race combos.
    Hell, it seems that in not too long every race will be capable of being every class.

I still feel that Worgen should of been Shamans in the first place before Druids. hought it is interesting with thier druid lore.

That Druid trainer they mention in Gilneas ends up in a house in Stormwind, being the Druid trainer there.

Quote Originally Posted by Augrelle View Post
    I still feel that Worgen should of been Shamans in the first place before Druids. hought it is interesting with thier druid lore.
    Hopefully not because of that whole "shamans have a wolf travel form and spirit wolves" argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Basmothel View Post
    That Druid trainer they mention in Gilneas ends up in a house in Stormwind, being the Druid trainer there.
    Where in Stormwind?

We've always had race class combinations of NPC's that don't really exist as playable. Tauren Paladins always existed in Eastern Plaguelands and other argent places defending. I even saw undead paladin NPC's (at least thats what the gear hinted). There are many things that don't make sense.

Worgen Druidism is like a perception of Paganism.

Then again, this has already been answered. By someone in the thread.
    Last edited by Typhron; 2010-07-04 at 06:28 AM. Reason: Clarification of the destination for instigation of the investigation origination.
    LoLtumblr |
    derpderpderp

Hopefully not because of that whole "shamans have a wolf travel form and spirit wolves" argument.

Where in Stormwind?
    Oh god no, that is a horrible arguement. Shamans and Druids are both "nature" classes so I guess both of them could of worked. It's the whole worgen are tied to the nature, mainly use nature magic and other stuff. There was NPCs of Worgen Shamans. I don't think there was one of a druid.

That and the whole Druid of the scythe thing for Worgen/Night Elves is kind of Dumb. I mean, yes the Scythe of Elune has been here for five years but from the quests, it makes it seem like they have been sleeping there for a long time. I mean, From the lore we have with it right now, this is the time line. Night elf gets scythe in felwood -> Summons worgen -> Worgen runs -> she travles somewhere -> Jitters in duskwood finds it -> the Duskwood quests. I mean from that quest line and hints, it doesn't seem the Night elf had it that long to start a whole druid scet for it.

Finally, Worgen cat forum? gleh. Those models are horrible.