Thread: LSD Composition

LSD Composition

How does everyone think LSD (Elemental, Affliction, Restoration) will play out in Cataclysm? Will it survive or break?

~Discuss!

15+ Year Old Account
    It's beta...

Yes.

I'm kind of hoping spell cleaves die in a horrible fire...at least all the bad ones that just nuke whatever is in LOS and win with hero.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

With the change to dispel mechanics, and having no dispel protection on buffs, as well as quite a big decrease in the effectiveness of hots, I'm not yet sure how druids will fare. They will also be susceptible to polymorphs, but they will gain a magic dispel. Fel Hunters will probably be able to help druids out with the fear / poly issue a bit.

As far as the casters though, I think some of the warlock changes are pretty strong, both in terms of damage output, and pet utility and survivabilty, as well as a couple interesting defensive cooldowns for the actual lock themself.

Elemental has gotten some pretty ridiculous buffs as well, with earthquake essentially being pre-nerf glyphed Death and Decay, as well as their ability to cast while moving (imagine an elemental shaman chasing you around spamming lightning bolts and lava burst while moving).

It'll be interesting to see how it plays out as games are supposed to be much slower paced, and there to be less emphasis on burst damage, but I still think it will be a pretty powerful comp.

Quote Originally Posted by rainCZ View Post
    It's beta...
    I know it's beta. I can read. I was just asking everyone what their thoughts would be on how it may play out. Personally I want more Enhancement combinations though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrsky View Post
    How does everyone think LSD (Elemental, Affliction, Restoration) will play out in Cataclysm? Will it survive or break?
    It's a FotM combo so I'd assume it won't last. There are only a few setups that have remained powerful throughout expansions, mainly RMP and Melee Cleaves.

I can see Beast Cleave still working out alright, but I don't think it will be anywhere as powerful as today.

<Insert picture from Above>

Thats what i thought too

OT: just give more classes a form of spell reflect :P
    Wait, why does it matter?

Jesus was black, the government did 9/11, Ronald Reagan was the Devil and WoW is a game