WoW GMs useless?

A player recently ninja'd a large amount of materials and a bit of gold from a shared guild bank. I spent about ten minutes tracking down said player, so I already know what server he's on and his name, guild, etc. I filled out a GM ticket and gave them said information in the hope that it would save them a bit of time, but to no avail. The ticket response I receive was that they wouldn't restore anything because of privacy concerns.

What the hell? Is theft not an issue to GMs anymore?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    It probably is an issue, but the number of tickets they get a day is really huge. I remember getting hacked and I had to wait 5 days for them to even respond and start checking logs.

usually GM dont care at all about Ninja's...
    i remember a friend of mine opened a ticket about a ninja and the GM told him it was the communities problem not his, pretty much...
    so with that said. we can basically shun people off the server with /2 XXX is a ninja! he stole Y from Z!.
    and then everyone will know not to raid at all with that player. i actually seen on my server about 4 ninja's being called out in the past 3 weeks and i gotta say, it brings alot of lols from all the people who join in on the flaming.

so with your problem im not sure what you could do. maybe log on his server and warn the players about what he did on your server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Privacy concerns? Never have heard of that.

Usually GM's don't take ninjaing and stealing lightly, at least in cases I've been in.

Might depend on the GM I suppose..
    Signatures are overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethspawn View Post
    usually GM dont care at all about Ninja's...
    i remember a friend of mine opened a ticket about a ninja and the GM told him it was the communities problem not his, pretty much...
    so with that said. we can basically shun people off the server with /2 XXX is a ninja! he stole Y from Z!.
    and then everyone will know not to raid at all with that player. i actually seen on my server about 4 ninja's being called out in the past 3 weeks and i gotta say, it brings alot of lols from all the people who join in on the flaming.

so with your problem im not sure what you could do. maybe log on his server and warn the players about what he did on your server.
    Loot ninja or guild bank ninja? 'cause loot ninjaing is much different, and they generally don't or won't do anything there. There have been hundreds of cases of guild bank ninjas, and I've never heard of one not resolved. I even heard of a guy getting a temporary ban with a bunch of shit revoked (epic flying, mounts, etc.) that he got with shit he stole.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you have a SS of it?
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

I personally think that if you have access to take it, you shouldnt be punished for it if you do take it.

That's why you don't give access to people you don't trust.

I think it would be epic for an RP rogue to get into a guild work his way to the top and rob them blind.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

I think it depends a lot on their current workload, and possibly if they're feeling like working or being particularly proactive.

We recently had stuff stolen from our guildbank, we only found out about it because the GM sent the items back via the ingame mail with "Sorry to hear you were recently hacked, we've replaced the following items for you".

Was quite "wow...thats pretty awesome", so...maybe you should try again, but with more information if you've got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mijen View Post
    I think it would be epic for an RP rogue to get into a guild work his way to the top and rob them blind.
    This needs to happen.
    He is the life of guilds he has never joined.
    He once had a noobish moment- just to see what it felt like.
    If he were to beat you in a duel, you would have to fight the strong urge to thank him.
    The Lunar Elders have a holiday in which they honor him.
    He can speak Darnassian. In Orcish.
    He is: The Most Interesting Man in the World of Warcraft.

If he had access to the Bank, he "had the right" to take it.
    Don't think Blizzard will do much about it, the only cases I have heard about them restoring Gbank is when someone gets hacked and it gets stolen.
    [URL="http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/sylvanas/Swaap/advanced[/URL]

GM slove your issues in this game,

problem is they take 5 days to answer

i haven't gotten on wow for two weeks! and i can't get on until tomorrow or the day after, w/e.

but i checked my email the other day and blizzard sent me 2 emails. basically, one describing the problem and the other a continued page. they told me, the guild leader, that one of my officer's accounts were compromised, blah blah, (still don't know who it is, but i have a clue because one of them had a name change, a corny name :|) and then they listed like 200 items and gold taken out of the bank and said they've sent it all to me thru mail in-game. i'm pretty pleased with blizz as this is the first time i've ever had any problems in-game and they fixed it hastily without me reporting (although, i'm sure the officer who had his/her account taken reported it). can't wait to check my wow-mail... :\

GM's are rarely useless, but they come in worse and worse quality with the years.

I've spoken to several GM's who made lots of spelling and grammatical errors, as if they were at ages of 15-16 and didn't take their job seriously (perhaps they were dyslectic, who knows) and a few who weren't very nice, or at least acted as if I gave him/her more job to do with writing my ticket in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swaap View Post
    If he had access to the Bank, he "had the right" to take it.
    Don't think Blizzard will do much about it, the only cases I have heard about them restoring Gbank is when someone gets hacked and it gets stolen.
    A thousand times this. Don't give people access if you think they're not trustworthy.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are all obviously very unlucky people. I've never once gotten a gm who didn't do everything in his power to grant every insignificant little request I had.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    Loot ninja or guild bank ninja? 'cause loot ninjaing is much different, and they generally don't or won't do anything there. There have been hundreds of cases of guild bank ninjas, and I've never heard of one not resolved. I even heard of a guy getting a temporary ban with a bunch of shit revoked (epic flying, mounts, etc.) that he got with shit he stole.
    The issue here is that you already gave said player access to the guild bank account. That's basically your own fault as they say, since guild banks have privileges that you have to setup. If the player was hacked that's one thing, but if the player just ninja'd the stuff as you said it's your own fault for trusting that player to have access to the guild bank tabs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskra View Post
    acted as if I gave him/her more job to do with writing my ticket in the first place.
    Well... you did. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by sicness View Post
    If the player was hacked that's one thing, but if the player just ninja'd the stuff as you said it's your own fault for trusting that player to have access to the guild bank tabs.
    ^ This.
    "We learn from history, that we learn nothing from history." - George B. Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskra View Post
    GM's are rarely useless, but they come in worse and worse quality with the years.

I've spoken to several GM's who made lots of spelling and grammatical errors, as if they were at ages of 15-16 and didn't take their job seriously (perhaps they were dyslectic, who knows) and a few who weren't very nice, or at least acted as if I gave him/her more job to do with writing my ticket in the first place.
    dyslexic, btw

and yea it doesn't surprise me you'd run into some GMs who seem impatient or whatever, their job consists of answering tickets for 8 hours a day, ~70% of which are from mouthbreathers who could easily find the information they need from a google search or worldofwarcraft.com. Or they're just bored and open a ticket because they want to ask the GM to tell them a joke (WoW customer service reps actually have a list of corny wow jokes to draw upon if they cant think of something on their own and someone asks.).

Not to mention they could go down to Jack in the Box and get a job flipping burgers and make nearly as much money.

Quote Originally Posted by Mijen View Post
    I personally think that if you have access to take it, you shouldnt be punished for it if you do take it.

That's why you don't give access to people you don't trust.

this