10+ Year Old Account

Haste talents / questions

So with haste affecting our focus regen, will talents like the following also increase the regen? or are they seperate stats?

Serpent's Swiftness
    Increases ranged combat attack speed by [4%/8%/12%/16%/20%] and your pet's melee attack speed by [4%/8%/12%/16%/20%].

Focus Fire
    Consumes your Pets Frenzy effect, restoring 10 Focus to your pet and increasing your ranged attack speed by 3% for each Frenzy stack consumed. Lasts for 15 sec.
    Instant, 30 sec cooldown

Rapid Fire
    Increases ranged attack speed by 40% for 15 sec.
    Instant, 5 min cooldown

Side note: I hate asking these questions because I have a beta invite and it taunts me on this terribad connection

10+ Year Old Account
    Attack speed and haste are separate effects. Attack speed buffs won't affect your focus regen.

(Unless they change it, of course, but last I heard they specifically changed Windfury/Icy Talons to attack speed to prevent it from affecting resource regen.)

Quote Originally Posted by RoknarKorgath View Post
    So with haste affecting our focus regen, will talents like the following also increase the regen? or are they seperate stats?

Serpent's Swiftness
    Increases ranged combat attack speed by [4%/8%/12%/16%/20%] and your pet's melee attack speed by [4%/8%/12%/16%/20%].

Focus Fire
    Consumes your Pets Frenzy effect, restoring 10 Focus to your pet and increasing your ranged attack speed by 3% for each Frenzy stack consumed. Lasts for 15 sec.
    Instant, 30 sec cooldown

Rapid Fire
    Increases ranged attack speed by 40% for 15 sec.
    Instant, 5 min cooldown

Side note: I hate asking these questions because I have a beta invite and it taunts me on this terribad connection
    To answer this... None of this will effect your focus regen. It will only effect your attack speed so the time it takes to whined up a aimed shot or steady shot/cobra shot and the rate at which you will auto shoot. but non of those will effect ur focus regen.

P.S. I'll take that beta inv off your hands.
    It's your $14.95 a month, but when you are in a raid, you are wasting our $358.80.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I wouldn't think talons would help since it is only melee haste anyway but yeah that is what I was thinking about speed vs haste. Thanks

and @Noverias: Oh, I will definitely be on there but I just moved out to the country where we only have dial up atm. So until FIOS can get out here in 2 weeks I just get to stare at the email every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I wouldn't think talons would help since it is only melee haste anyway but yeah that is what I was thinking about speed vs haste. Thanks

and @Noverias: Oh, I will definitely be on there but I just moved out to the country where we only have dial up atm. So until FIOS can get out here in 2 weeks I just get to stare at the email every day.
    Windfury/Icy Talons were changed to melee and ranged attack speed IIRC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, ok. So the only thing helping that is gear stats/gems? (specifically only talking about talents and buffs)

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noverias View Post
    To answer this... None of this will effect your focus regen. It will only effect your attack speed so the time it takes to whined up a aimed shot or steady shot/cobra shot and the rate at which you will auto shoot. but non of those will effect ur focus regen.

P.S. I'll take that beta inv off your hands.
    You obviously don't know how the invites work. They flag your account through battle.net for the Beta. There is no "invite", per se. You don't get an email to click (You do get an email saying you were invited, but it requires NO action on your part to accept it). You simply go to battle.net and download the beta file.

---------- Post added 2010-07-05 at 04:56 PM ----------

Ah, ok. So the only thing helping that is gear stats/gems? (specifically only talking about talents and buffs)
    What are you talking about? They've changed Haste for the Physical classes. Haste does not increase attack speed; It increases the regeneration rate of our Resource mechanic. What instances of Haste we used to have (Serpent's Swiftness, Icy Talons, Windfury Totem, etc) now say ATTACK SPEED and no longer say HASTE. They don't grant Haste and therefore don't increase resource regen. They increase attack speed as they say, and that's it.
    I'll not spend my days glancing over my shoulder for assassins. Let them look back for me. --Elbryan, the Nightbird.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Thundercougr/

Improved steady shot in MM increases ranged haste, but almost everything else is ranged combat attack speed.
    "Cataclysm could have used more of Nozdormu. I think all he did was show up shirtless to Thrall's wedding."

-Anonymous priest

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muffinator View Post
    Improved steady shot in MM increases ranged haste, but almost everything else is ranged combat attack speed.

That's because it's a new talent. Well, we've had Improved Steady Shot, but what it does in Cata is nothing like what it does on live currently. Hence why I said "What instances of Haste we used to have..". Those were all meant to up your attack speed, and they've been changed to due so. We did not previously have this instance of Improved Steady Shot, therefore I am still correct.
    I'll not spend my days glancing over my shoulder for assassins. Let them look back for me. --Elbryan, the Nightbird.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Thundercougr/