Thread: Arthas's body??

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Arthas's body??

Does anyone of you know in that chaos of the Cataclysm...what finally happened to the body of Arthas???I am really curious about...
    They say that hope is the last thing to leave you before you die.They are wrong....

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am pretty sure the death Knigths of the ebon blades steal it...and from it, they sucked all the remnant of his necro essence and create more Death knigths...........MOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!!!

no seriously...i dunno. :P
    If you fishing for hours at the same place and you become confident that everything is fine and safe, its will mean one thing; You are wrong. Because i was actually sitting near of you for hours, cloaked in the shadow with a smile on my face and my daggers ready to strike. I did it many time before. I will do it again.....and again......

I'm guessing mister Tirion brought the corpse back to be burried at Light's Hope.

Possibly went out Darth Vader style. Bon fire.

I'm much more worried about Frostmourne. Tirion really dropped the ball on that one. I bet Mal'ganis walked off with the thing and he ends up being a major villain/plot point some time in the future. Mark my words.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

I believe there is a big huge thing in SW for him.

back in the alpha at least.

15+ Year Old Account
    The whole disappeared frostmourne thing is ridiculous! Seriously, it was there, lying on the ground, I bet Tirion even tripped on it on his way our of ICC and yet, it's still missing? Wtf

Quote Originally Posted by Azahel View Post
    The whole disappeared frostmourne thing is ridiculous! Seriously, it was there, lying on the ground, I bet Tirion even tripped on it on his way our of ICC and yet, it's still missing? Wtf
    It gets shattered by the Ashbringer at the end of the fight, releasing the contained souls and dispersing its power. Most of the blade itself is still intact, but a few shards were lying about as well. With the souls gone, the blade's power is broken, so it's nothing more than a sharp-ish-maybe hunk of saronite now.
    Last edited by Emaluri; 2010-07-05 at 02:23 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Frostmourne is shatter...go see the final video of ICC via the dalaran statue...

edit : Thx Emaluri.
    Last edited by Zanardam; 2010-07-05 at 02:25 PM.
    If you fishing for hours at the same place and you become confident that everything is fine and safe, its will mean one thing; You are wrong. Because i was actually sitting near of you for hours, cloaked in the shadow with a smile on my face and my daggers ready to strike. I did it many time before. I will do it again.....and again......

10+ Year Old Account
    According to wowwiki, frostmourne is unbreakable.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Dictonary, get one!
    Irony at its best ^^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    Possibly went out Darth Vader style. Bon fire.

I'm much more worried about Frostmourne. Tirion really dropped the ball on that one. I bet Mal'ganis walked off with the thing and he ends up being a major villain/plot point some time in the future. Mark my words.
    I am slightly disappointed you didn't have a picture to go with that .

But i agree, maybe not Mal'ganis but we will see Frostmourne again. I hope to go blizzard doesn't crap out and make it "Firemourne" and give it to lava dude bolvar.

Quote Originally Posted by loveshack View Post
    well it got shattered so thats pretty much BS^^ i think despite what arthas had done tirion brought his corpse to light hope and buried it since he kinda reversed into his human self right before dying.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thx to blizz, they can change the lore all the times. Oh and wowwiki is never a trustable source of info. You can even change the info here and pretend frostmourne is a Deathwing creation until a user change it again....and again...and again,etc.

So what if it was shattered? It can be reforged; made even more powerful than it was. NOW THAT, WOULD PROVE THAT ICC WAS MERELY A SET BACK!

because Wikipedia is full of 100% solid facts and absolutely no guess work.

Actually, it says the exact opposite in the opening paragraph.

Quote Originally Posted by WoWWiki
    Frostmourne was the runeblade that Ner'zhul, the Lich King, thrust from the Frozen Throne, intending that Arthas Menethil — his unwitting potential host — would discover it on the continent of Northrend. It was wielded by Arthas, the new Lich King, until it was destroyed following his defeat in Icecrown Citadel.

So, no, you're wrong.

To be fair, the remnants of the blade are missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonshardz View Post
    So what if it was shattered? It can be reforged; made even more powerful than it was. NOW THAT, WOULD PROVE THAT ICC WAS MERELY A SET BACK!
    Sure, but unless you get the Nathrezim (Dreadlords) to do it, binding someone's will to the blade, it would just be another shiny sword. Nothing special.

Q: What happened to Frostmourne after it was shattered?
    A: While this is a closely guarded secret, we'll trust you to be discreet: no one knows where the remnants of Frostmourne are now.
    If the remains of the sword are just shattered metal then questioning their current location is unnecessary. The fact that Bornakk took the time to respond to this question suggest that there is something more to the blade that we may see in the future.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    If the remains of the sword are just shattered metal then questioning their current location is unnecessary. The fact that Bornakk took the time to respond to this question suggest that there is something more to the blade that we may see in the future.
    Sure. It's entirely possible that it'll be reforged. If they do that, I really hope it turns out well, but this answer smells a lot more like "It's gone, but we don't want to completely close off our options."

As it stands now, though, the blade is a broken shell. If it was anything else, it wouldn't have been the single defining point of the battle where victory became possible, rather than hopeless.

when i look at the statue in dal i see the broken hilt of the sword just below tirion... whos to say thats not it

10+ Year Old Account
    isn't their 2 on the statue...?

I was quite sure that Shadowmourne broken in 2 sits on the statue in the middle of Dalaran... :P