Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    People who run in expecting to faceroll the dungeons while ignoring the mechanics of the encounters are wiping. I bet they'll be easily doable in quest greens after you figure out what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Truesight View Post
    Edging closer and closer to Server First H LK25 . . . maybe we'll get it by Cataclysm =D
    good luck!

I dunno. I've never raided for gear. I'm one of those weirdos who actually enjoys it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgoblin View Post
    I dunno. I've never raided for gear. I'm one of those weirdos who actually enjoys it.
    Like most of us - but watching the same goddamn movie, twice every week for the last couple of month will in the end become very boring...
    The goblin warrior, Gallywix!
    "And the Heavens shall tremble!"

My name is Kenneth044, and I'm an altoholic!

Why raid at all, ever then? You knew that the items you picked up in Naxxramas were going to be replaced by the ones in Ulduar, and then replaced by the ones in ToC, and then replaced by the ones in Icecrown, and then replaced by the ones in Cataclysm. It's an endless cycle. Gear is nothing more than a means to an end.

Every piece of gear you equip is eventually going to be sharded or vendored.
    Why bother raiding with that knowledge?
    Why does the release of another expansion (tier) have any impact on that decision?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm
    Since my post count is rougly 10x yours I'll give you a big STFU because I'm obviously your superior

isn't stat allociation on epics higher than that of blues/greens of the same ilvl anyway? Even if it isn't, it's for damn sure itemized better, which would still make a difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danund81
    Just SAY IT.* "I'm right you're wrong and I know it because I have the power of a website's link."

Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    Also better gear will allow you to level faster and safer. People in ICC 10 gear are wiping in the first two 5 mans on Cata atm.
    Probably has nothing to do with the fact that people don't know how to mark targets, focus fire or use crowd control anymore.
    It's because they only have ICC10 gear.
    Scrubs.
    Freedom of speech doesn't protect speech you like; it protects speech you don't like.
    Larry Flynt (unsourced)

Quote Originally Posted by VeeVee View Post
    Why raid at all, ever then? You knew that the items you picked up in Naxxramas were going to be replaced by the ones in Ulduar, and then replaced by the ones in ToC, and then replaced by the ones in Icecrown, and then replaced by the ones in Cataclysm. It's an endless cycle. Gear is nothing more than a means to an end.

Every piece of gear you equip is eventually going to be sharded or vendored.
    Why bother raiding with that knowledge?
    Why does the release of another expansion (tier) have any impact on that decision?

Thats not what im saying. I love to raid. The point im making is that with Cata coming up pretty soon it seems like a waste to spend the next 3-6months doing something inevitable. Yes all gear gets obsolete but with the different content being added constantly (patches, and gear being increased not as dramatically as an expansion is fine) Just with the end of content for level 80 drawing to an end I dont see the point in spending 10-20hours a week raiding for things that will be replaced very soon, and at such a big scale.

I didnt make this post so everyone could say " well unlike you I like to raid and im not a loot whore" that wasnt the intention. The intention was to see if people agrre and if so what they are doing instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol item level

Now that that's out of the way, I agree and have already stopped raiding. I spend the time getting Loremaster and other achievements that I never had the time to bother with.
    Eventually I will begin farming herbs for my Worgen Priest's alchemy.

This question has been asked before every expansion so far.

Do what you like. If you like getting gear, get it. If you've already got everything you want, cancel until Cataclysm.

If you just want to raid for the sake of raiding, do it.

This is not a hard question.

My guild finally finished up Glory of the Icecrown Raider tonight but we still have H.Lich King and H.Halion to do before the expansion's out; we could still use more gear to achieve these goals, so we can still use the weekly clears. For me that's what keeps me going for now.

If/when we have everything down then I'll start worrying as a guild/raid leader how to keep people interested. I think the, "Just stop until Cataclysm" doesn't work as well if you're part of a raid core. People will get bored and wander off if your guild does nothing together for months because half the members have taken a leave of absence until the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbolg View Post
    People who run in expecting to faceroll the dungeons while ignoring the mechanics of the encounters are wiping. I bet they'll be easily doable in quest greens after you figure out what to do.
    ^This

I've seen a few streamed 5mans and woah boy. It's like these people didn't read a single word of blue post development for this. They're still spamming channeled AoE's and not CC'ing, not watching threat, rushing blind into packs while there are obviously bosses / mini bosses patting near by.

I'm not really a hardcore player, but for the sake of the future of this game, I really, really hope they don't nerf this post-release.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    ^This

I've seen a few streamed 5mans and woah boy. It's like these people didn't read a single word of blue post development for this. They're still spamming channeled AoE's and not CC'ing, not watching threat, rushing blind into packs while there are obviously bosses / mini bosses patting near by.

I'm not really a hardcore player, but for the sake of the future of this game, I really, really hope they don't nerf this post-release.
    the problem is you wont be able to pug your daily heroics or whatever for your earthquake emblems because people will just fuck it up

that said i agree it looks a lot more fun

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FDL View Post
    the problem is you wont be able to pug your daily heroics or whatever for your earthquake emblems because people will just fuck it up

that said i agree it looks a lot more fun
    Don't get me wrong, I see your point about wanting the emblems, just getting in and getting out sort of thing, but in all honesty, there's NO reason we, as a playerbase, shouldn't be able to do that with harder content. If these guys aren't playing to get better, then an MMO is probably not the ideal hobby for them. Let the "bads", so to speak, roll more and more alts and avoid the content they can't cut it in. Don't dumb down the current "end game" content due to lack of motivation for improvement.

I'd love to be in a community that looks back on H.HoR and says "Wow, we thought this was tough once?"

Think of the future boss battles they'll come up with if they don't feel like we need babysat all the time.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Mambo View Post
    Raiding is motivated by gear.

Doing the same instance weekly is entertaining at first but then becomes tedious and annoying along with waiting for gear to drop.

Maybe it just applies to me because Ive already killed LK 10/25man
    10/25 man heroic? I think not.

Now stop your complaining, if all you raid for is gear, you should quit right now.

Well I kinda feel the same. Got my bloodbathed vanquisher. I got over 6.1k in gs which was my goal (I like to aim for goals). But now im just chilling and not being active in a raid for over 2 weeks hehe. Kinda awesome after all 100% attendence at raids on multiple chars lol ^_^ Think I will level an alt or 2 for moneymaking in cata now and maybe even work further on all DM runs for The insane-title.
    Backstab!<=Q(^_^)===Q>==>(X_x)Q
    Pro at stunnlocking clothies to death since 2005.

http://www.youtube.com/user/badde09

Quote Originally Posted by Taziri View Post
    This question has been asked before every expansion so far.
    well not this exact question because other expansions (of which i might remind people there has only been one) didn't have hard mode.

i mean TBC was basically over when you killed kil'jaeden.

this one, for the first time ever, has a whole other tier of raiding after you kill the big bad of the expansion.
    Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...

Deleted
    To me, It's simple.

If you're farming the current content solely for gear, then there's no point.

If you're doing the current content because you haven't done it, or on an alt with a different playstyle, then that's something to pursue imo.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tilgare View Post
    If you find that the only point raiding is for gear, then no, there is no point for you to raid. There are others of us that enjoy raiding for the challenge and the experience and I'm sure that most of those in that boat will continue raiding. Yes, it's slightly disappointing that greens will immediately replace 277 gear, but there is more to raiding than gear.
    I honestly hope this is sincere, because I applaud those that raid for the experience, for the camaraderie and for the challenge. In my raiding days, it was great just conquering content and having a good time together; and when someone in the raid got a decent upgrade, it was great because we felt like we were achieving more than just defeating the same bosses over and over, mindlessly.

Now, as a casual player, it's nice to know that from level 81 we will all be on equal footing. At least, until the raiders reach level 85, zerg instances for a good selection of gear and push into the first tier of raiding as fast as they possibly can. Which will be before I hit level 82.
    Last edited by Geckomayhem; 2010-07-06 at 07:16 AM. Reason: Punctuation...
    For the Alliance!

I would say, that at this stage in the expansion, there would be a lot of guilds that have either severely cut back their raiding hours, or stopped running organised raids all together.

For a hardcore? (3 - 4 nights, 3+ hrs) raider, right now is the best possible time to take a break and enjoy other parts of wow besides raiding.

Our guild has gone from 3 nights raiding 11/12 heroic 25 man, to not scheduling any raids at all. I have no issues with this. We still run a 25 alt/pug on Friday nights that does 12/12 and 6 or 7 hardmodes, and is insanely more fun and laidback than progression raiding (NOT saying that progression raiding isn’t fun).

With all this time on my hands, at the moment, I am doing Friday night runs, trying to clear up some harder achievements (loremaster) while I have the time, working on insane, levelling a gatherer alt, saving up some gold for Cata, running MC for bindings, running school for mount, running ZG for mount/rep, running other old school raids for the lols. etc. etc.

I have no doubts that as soon as Cata comes out, I will be getting to level 85 as soon as possible, and will get straight back into raiding 4 nights a week.

Basically what I’m trying to say is that there is still a point to raiding if you enjoy having a laugh with your guildies (Obviously every guild’s atmosphere is different). But if you don't feel like raiding anymore, take the time to enjoy other parts of wow before the expansion comes out