Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Account to Account transfers, first + last name must match ?

I remember it only being the last name, but ive read on the wow forums that its the first name too ? Has anyone done this recently.

Both have to match. It is in place to enforce the "Account Sharing is Bad" rule.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

15+ Year Old Account
    I always figured it was last name only and has something to do with other personal information matching because there are rules allowing parents say, to allow their kids under 13 to play characters on their accounts then transfer them to their own if they get their own account after the character is made and leveled..

Don't quote me on that though.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I actually have a question, is it the first and last name of the Battle.Net account now? or the specific account the Character is going to xfer to?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah its always been the last name only, but never the first. maybe this changed i dunno

I have been told other wise. But ive been wrong before. lol

If it is last name only, it would be pretty easy for character sellers/traders to get away with it.

If my last name was Smith or something super common imagine how many possible transfers I could get away with. :P
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Has to match all first and last name

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just did it and its last name only, as it has been for years now.

it depends, are they both on another battle.net account? or are theyon the same battle.net account. if they are on the SAME battle.net, you can transfer them, even if the name's do nOT match... i have been told about this bij a blizzard representative, and i did the transfer with account a mte of mine gave when he quit WoW. i now have a new warlock and shaman on my main account :P
    Quote Originally Posted by spiny View Post
    I always mean to get around to doing Archaeology but something always comes up. Like anything. Anything at all. Mowing the lawn. Eating glass for others' amusement, watching my cat clean its butt, etc.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)

Greg "Ghostcrawler" Street is the lead systems designer on World of Warcraft. He has four dogs: three epic retrievers and one green terrier suitable for disenchanting.