Links to Tutorial, Fonts, Template added to first post.

Manabomb, if you have the Cataclysm beta installed the WoW Model Viewer will automatically ask you to select the beta folder.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Most of you could just go to deviantart and look up Photoshop tutorials since it seems it's all the people in a lot of this thread do :/ The dude with an obsession with Cthulhu seems to have a clue at least I saw the screenshot of the Dwarf with the drop shadow and said to myself "Please god, don't say use the drop shadow layer effect". Gaussian blur is pro.

This post is pointless. Don't read it.

Words of advice for the people with similar sigs above... since they are gifs, you might want to put a matte (color:#EBEAD1, same color as the background on these forums) on the art to get rid of that horrible pixelation in the transparent areas.
    Last edited by skylla05; 2010-07-13 at 07:12 PM.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age"

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Cthulu:

Thanks for the great tutorial. Can you explain briefly why you use both the exported PNG and the BMP images from model viewer?

Can you somehow preserve the "glow" effects from weapons and gear this way? I'm still having that problem with one of my Mage models that uses a red/pink glow on the shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by Profyrion View Post
    Cthulu:

Thanks for the great tutorial. Can you explain briefly why you use both the exported PNG and the BMP images from model viewer?

Can you somehow preserve the "glow" effects from weapons and gear this way? I'm still having that problem with one of my Mage models that uses a red/pink glow on the shoulders.
    You answered your own question... that's why I do the .png and .bmp.

Thumbs up

Cthulu:

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu Ftagn View Post
    I thought that was the case, but PNG is extracting my glow effects from the image...

I'll keep playing with it. Might need to just select a different armor set...

I thought that was the case, but PNG is extracting my glow effects from the image...

I'll keep playing with it. Might need to just select a different armor set...
    Send me the two images and I'll see what I can do with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tutorial 1:Now open your two images in Photoshop, make sure that on your .bmp image that you double-click your Layer0 thumbnail and make sure it isn't locked.
    Im having trouble finding this layer0 thumbnail u speak of

1. http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...;tar&cn=Teddeh

2. Changed from a Tauren to a Troll looking like this:

3. Same gear as shown on the armoury but the boots changed to: http://www.wowhead.com/item=50308
    and have his helmet showing please

4. 1280x1024

5. Swift Purple Raptor, Sen'jin Fetish and a hovering Wind Rider Cub

6. Background: Aerial view of the Echo Isles after taken back by the Darkspear, Foreground: Main city area of Echo Isles after taken back by the Darkspear (If not possible let me know and I'll think of somewhere else )

7. Ah hav' nature on mah side, ya dun wanna get in mah way!

10. Cataclysm style

11. This bear sat to one side if possible and my character just ending a spell cast.

12. Things you'd like listed or not: (yes/no)
    a. Realm name - Yes
    b. Player Name - Yes
    c. Title - Yes 'the Hallowed'
    d. Guild - No

Thank you!
    For the Horde!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelbin Mekkatorque View Post
    So mister Old One. When will you do mine? @8D
    Be patient young grasshopper...

Atleast he isn't working on yours and you don't know when he'll finish. :P

@Ftagn
    Very nice tutorial.
    "We learn from history, that we learn nothing from history." - George B. Shaw

Updated my request so that it included links. Excited to see what you do with my request.
    If it's not on fire, you're not trying hard enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Manabomb, if you have the Cataclysm beta installed the WoW Model Viewer will automatically ask you to select the beta folder.
    I dont have the beta installed, that's sort of what I meant by where do I get the beta models, but let me rephrase it because it does sound confusing X.X Where would one find a download or installer for the cata beta?
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    I dont have the beta installed, that's sort of what I meant by where do I get the beta models, but let me rephrase it because it does sound confusing X.X Where would one find a download or installer for the cata beta?
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

1. Armory Link(s): Daetur(main, this is the Avatar and Signature toon): http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ggus&cn=Daetur ((Marksman Hunter))

Other toons (For wallpaper or any additional sigs/avatars):
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...gus&cn=Caitala ((Tank druid))
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...aggus&cn=Shael ((Resto Shaman))
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...gus&cn=Jokaras ((Unholy DK))

2. A CLEAR screenshot of your toons(s) face (no helmets) if no armory or different than armory.
    http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...duid/Shael.png
    http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...id/Jokaras.png
    http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...uid/Daetur.png
    http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...id/Caitala.png (Feel free to picture as light blue druid bear.)

3. The gear / items (a list please) you'd like equipped on your toon(s). (whether you'd like the helmet shown or not). As shown on armory is fine. No helms for all, no cloaks for Jokaras, Caitala, Shael. Daetur shows her cloak.

4. Desktop resolution (1024x768, 1280x800, 1680x1024, etc. etc.) 1366x768

5. Companions, Pets, Enemys, Mounts that you'd like in the wallpaper.
    Daetur (hunter) has "Fenrir," one of the Hellfire Ramparts Armored Worg models, I would love to have him included if possible.
    Perhaps some of the "The Damned" undead models, or other ICC undead, coming in from the edges if that's feasible.

6. Two areas that you'd like for background (main portion of wallpaper) and foreground (where toon will be standing).
    Icecrown Citadel for both, I leave the artistic direction in your capable hands.

7. Quotes you'd like (example: "For the Horde!") Wallpaper only. "No question remains unanswered. No doubts linger. You are Azeroth's greatest champions! You overcame every challenge I laid before you. My mightiest servants have fallen before your relentless onslaught, your unbridled fury..."

10. Vanilla WoW, Burning Crusade, WoTLK, or Cataclysm style.
    For sig and avatar, Cataclysm, please and thanks.
    Wallpaper, WotLK.

11. Anything else you'd like in the picture.
    For the wallpaper, I'd really love to have my 4 main characters standing together 'united' against the scourge onlslaught, with undead encroaching on the edges as they take a battle stance against them in the center.

a. Realm name (Yes)
    b. Player Name (Yes)
    c. Title (Yes)
    d. Guild (Yes)

13. Signature options
    a. Font Color- I leave it in your capable hands. Whatever you feel looks best. A warm color with the Cata scheme?
    b. Player name.
    c. Title, Realm, or Guild. All three if room, if not, Title and Guild, if only one, Guild.
    d. No helm.

Thank you very much for your consideration, and for lending your talents to those of us without an ounce of artistic or computer savvy! Really hope to be hearing from you whenever you have time.
    Last edited by Daetur; 2010-07-13 at 07:58 PM.

1. Armory Link(s)
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ama&cn=Polanco
    2. A CLEAR screenshot of your toons(s) face (no helmets) if no armory or different than armory
    3. The gear / items (a list please) you'd like equipped on your toon(s). (whether you'd like the helmet shown or not).
    Tier 5 Set
    Bulwark of Smoldering steel
    Val'anyr, Hammer of Ancient Kings
    4. Desktop resolution (1024x768, 1280x800, 1680x1024, etc. etc.)
    1600x900
    5. Companions, Pets, Enemys, Mounts that you'd like in the wallpaper.
    Pets - Two Feral Spirits
    Enemy - LK
    6. Two areas that you'd like for background (main portion of wallpaper) and foreground (where toon will be standing).
    Background - Thunder Bluff
    Foreground - LK throne
    7. Quotes you'd like (example: "For the Horde!")
    For the Horde!
    8. Optional: Video Card (Nvidia, ATI) type. (this is for a logo) example: Nvidia

9. Optional: CPU (Intel, AMD) and type. (this is for a logo): example: Intel i7

10. Vanilla WoW, Burning Crusade, WoTLK, or Cataclysm style
    Cataclysm Style
    11. Anything else you'd like in the picture.

a. Realm name - Yes
    b. Player Name - Yes
    c. Title - the Seeker
    d. Guild - Yes - Thunderbears

13. Signature options
    a. Font Color
    b. Player name or Forum name
    c. Title, Realm, or Guild
    d. Helmet shown or not - not shown

10+ Year Old Account
    hehe i gave up its too hard

10+ Year Old Account
    I ain't a Photoshop wizz... How the hell do I delete the magenta area? o_o
    Requests: CLOSED
    To tell you the truth, I don't actually think I'm crazy. I think I'm perfectly normal, and it's the rest of the world that's wrong in the head.