Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    I highly doubt Blizzard favors the Horde.

As far as I can tell, the problem is that as a race the Draenei are rather disconnected with most of Azeroth. The whole theme of Cataclysm is "retro": archeology, old gods, and a dragon aspect that's been chilling for a few millennia. Since the Draenei don't really have a history here and no vested interest beyond just generically fighting for the good it's hard to get them to really care. If we ever get another expansion involving Outlands or the Burning Legion I'm sure we'll have more Draenei than we know what to do with, but until then they're just renting a few islands.
    Yep, those are my feelings. Unless the exodar gets blown up (again) my lovely lady goats don't have anything to do in regard of expansion, and the only place (Fallow Sanctuary) got the treatment. So i guess the only other place we will see them will be the Earthen Ring, bummer

Atleast we got Forest song

Any chance that someone can grab some screens of SoS?

Can I point out to the 'Blizz shows favouritism to Horde' crowd that since vanilla, major focus on factions has come and gone in cycles? In Vanilla, the Horde had almost 0 major lore moments. The humans got a fantastic Defias chain that led to Onyxia (Onyxia as a raid was barely justified for Horde) and several Ally-themed instances: Gnomer, Deadmines, Uldaman, BRD, hell even Dire Maul had huge consequences for Night Elves. Then we had BC, which gave the Horde some major focus with the Blood Elf and Maghar storylines. Then came wrath, where the Alliance, thanks to their close affiliation with Arthas and Brann took the lore cake (the Horde had no reason to enter Naxx... it wasn't floating above OUR town!) We got some Forsaken stuff, sure, but the heart of the xpac was with Alliance. Now Cata comes, the focus shifts back to Horde. Fair.

15+ Year Old Account
    From the title, I assumed this was actually about Heroic Presence, the Draenei passive racial that gives 1% additional hit. Because Blizzard don't want people to gain much in the way of mana regen and hit from buffs anymore. That would have made for a good discussion...

I would like to see more of a Draenei movement. But the focus is now on Worgen and Goblins. For Worgen, it is their integration into the alliance and finding their place in the scheme of things; for Goblins, it is continuing to be sneaky, but also trying to overcome their past slavery by siding with the faction that they feel will give them the most strength.

I have four Draenei toons. I like their backstory and I like their aesthetics and characteristics. I don't expect to see something along the lines of expanding their territory or being given any sort of extra focus. Who knows how the Cataclysm will have affected any of the pre-Cata races. We know that Outland is unaffected, at least.
    For the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scourge wolf View Post
    You blue goat men keep yer awesome face-tentacly-thingys away from mah daughters!

Cocks shotgun
    Fixed.

OT: I'm pretty sure that Blizz doesn't favor Horde, at least in any really meaningful way. I am however annoyed that the Draenei have basically been totally ignored for the duration of Wrath, and now it seems for Cata as well. My favorite race (and no, not just because of the women) is being left in the dust a second consecutive time. I've done all of the Hyjal quests and the majority of the Vashj'r quests in the beta and I'm pretty sure I've only seen 1 Draenei NPC.
    Thank you dubbelbasse for the excellent sig!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimo View Post
    Can I point out to the 'Blizz shows favouritism to Horde' crowd that since vanilla, major focus on factions has come and gone in cycles? In Vanilla, the Horde had almost 0 major lore moments. The humans got a fantastic Defias chain that led to Onyxia (Onyxia as a raid was barely justified for Horde) and several Ally-themed instances: Gnomer, Deadmines, Uldaman, BRD, hell even Dire Maul had huge consequences for Night Elves. Then we had BC, which gave the Horde some major focus with the Blood Elf and Maghar storylines. Then came wrath, where the Alliance, thanks to their close affiliation with Arthas and Brann took the lore cake (the Horde had no reason to enter Naxx... it wasn't floating above OUR town!) We got some Forsaken stuff, sure, but the heart of the xpac was with Alliance. Now Cata comes, the focus shifts back to Horde. Fair.
    It does? I thought it was pretty balanced. As an alliance player I think it is nice that Garrosh becomes the centre of attention in Org, and that there is a lot of movement with the Forsaken since their little fiasco with the Wrathgate. The world is changing, and that is all that matters to me. XD

Edit:
    If I recall, Malfurion is pretty alliance related, and he is at the centre of Hyjal. Heck, the world tree is a huge part of that zone and it is real Night Elf lore. There is going to be a good balance between both factions. So long as there is increased animosity, things will be moving back towards their roots. The greatest contention between Horde and Alliance in Wrath was the two airships floating around in Icecrown. They really need to step things up a notch. Guess we wait and see what storylines Garrosh and Varian have in store for us.
    Last edited by Geckomayhem; 2010-07-08 at 04:59 AM. Reason: Additional text.
    For the Alliance!

True words. But the original fact remains: Draenei are indeed getting shafted. I was a bit peeved when I saw the Worgen got a huge area in Blasted Lands. The Draenei deserve an area close to the only means of getting back to their homeworld. I thought it would be cool in major Draenei cooperation with Nethergarde was stepping up anti-demon security in the area, but oh well. I have a feeling the Draenei are gonna have a huge role though, if we ever get our Sargeras xpac.

10+ Year Old Account
    One day we will need to go to argus, which will be renamed as its highly speculated to be the seat of sargarus and the burning legions base.
    Who is going to take us there? who knows everything about that planet? ,who has a bunch of spare space ship parts ? the worgen of course.

Profound scholar and master in lore in the high degree of Titan origins and the old god mythology....Lol jokes

10+ Year Old Account
    Please no more "Alliance is getting shafted"/Blizz loves horde/ally horde balance in cata" posts. I don't want this to get locked up. As elementium stated there are plenty of threads for that discussion.

My original intention was that if there are any beta testers reading then perhaps they could supply us with a bit of info about the draenei in cata, what they've done. If you guys could post screen caps of their new stuff/changed areas that would be awesome, I'm sure all the people who posted in the Draenei Appreciation thread would agree. Please, I would love to see what Forest song looks like now.

sorry if this is kinda trash post-ish. I just worked a 14 hour day. D:
    If actions speak louder than words
    I'll be the most deafening noise you've heard.
    I'll be that ringing in your ears
    That will stick around for years.

The hardest part about extending Draenei lore in Cataclysm is that they don't have any enemies in playable races. There was almost some anti-Draenei motives in Valiance Keep but they were never expanded upon. If they could take that human prejudice even further, the Draenei could find a friend in the Worgen. The Draenei had a long-lasting struggle with Orcs, but they're too forgiving to hold a grudge it seems. They are too "perfect" as far as morality and motive go. They are forgiving, just, and altruistic. As someone else stated, Blizzard made them "superheroes." Unfortunately, this makes it hard to progress their story.

Quote Originally Posted by Tezmata View Post
    The hardest part about extending Draenei lore in Cataclysm is that they don't have any enemies in playable races. There was almost some anti-Draenei motives in Valiance Keep but they were never expanded upon. If they could take that human prejudice even further, the Draenei could find a friend in the Worgen. The Draenei had a long-lasting struggle with Orcs, but they're too forgiving to hold a grudge it seems. They are too "perfect" as far as morality and motive go. They are forgiving, just, and altruistic. As someone else stated, Blizzard made them "superheroes." Unfortunately, this makes it hard to progress their story.
    Do you forget why in BC you can only be scryer OR aldor? its because the Aldor havent forgiven the scryers for killing them before defecting to the shatar
    Draenei are able to hold grudges, and they still have alot of reason to hate the orcs.

They got enough light in TBC
    Dont need more of those bastards running around

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge wolf View Post
    You blue goat men keep yer beards away from mah daughters!

Cocks shotgun
    I think it's the other way around actually. You see a lot more guys being fans of female Draenei than girls are of male Draenei just sayin.

The Aldor allow the Scryers into their city.... They don't LIKE them or agree with them but they tolerate them and peacefully keep an eye on their activities.

Plus the Aldor is a group that is separate from the playable Draenei faction. Blood Elves can be Aldor.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy Osbourne View Post
    Draenei are the best race in the game. End. Of. Discussion.
    sharon is not one why would you say such a thing!

I think the focus should be taken off the Draenei for now, and especially the Blood Elves (High Elves too). I know we didn't see much of them in LK but they had their share in BC and there's other more neglected races.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalula View Post
    Do you forget why in BC you can only be scryer OR aldor? its because the Aldor havent forgiven the scryers for killing them before defecting to the shatar
    Draenei are able to hold grudges, and they still have alot of reason to hate the orcs.
    Of course, doesn't the SSO come from both the Aldor and Scryers? Think that's more a matter of plot moving forward and specific goals [much as the Ashen Verdict is Argent Crusade + Ebon Blade, but still not really that].

Some draenei are in Twilight's Hammer.

Yay!

10+ Year Old Account
    Wanna a draenei town T_T

It's so sad... They deserve ONE SINGLE TOWN or quest hub at least -.-
    CHINA CALLED, THEY WANT THEIR WALL BACK.