15+ Year Old Account

Question ag_Unitframes issue

Does anyone else use ag_Unitframes? I replaced pitbull with them more than a year ago and didn't have a problem until recently. The mod hasn't been updated since April, so maybe it is 3.3.5 that has done it. What happens is that when I heal, often the player unitframe doesn't update, or it shows me at partial health, even though I know that I've healed myself up. Sometimes it shows me at full health but not the number (xy/xx instead of xx/xx) if I target myself, and target of target sometimes shows the green healing amount bar stuck on top of the health. It seems like a dynamic update issue, but I know nothing about how unitframes mods work.

Has anyone else that uses these unitframes had this issue? Does anyone have any suggestions about how to fix it? I really like them and am not willing to switch to a different mod. Setting up unitframes to how you like them is a real nightmare.
    Last edited by Geckomayhem; 2010-07-07 at 04:34 AM. Reason: Changed a little text.
    For the Alliance!

Deleted
    I encountered the exact same problem a month ago. Ag_uf is not being updated anymore, so the issues you are experiencing are "perfectly fine". That being said, I'd highly recommend "shadowed unit frames"(SuF) if you're looking for a replacement which is similar to ag_uf. It's up to date, clean and simple, and you're gonna be able to make your interface look just like the old one did.

Hope that helped, regards!

Yeah, I'm seeing ag_uf as outdated, and outdated addons tend to act fucked up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thoroughly enjoyed ag_UnitFrames, but after the consistent post-patch issues, I did give in to ShadowedUnitFrames (SUF).

Haven't looked back since.

i dont remember off the top of my head, but there is a fairly easy way to fix it. None the less i do remember where the fix is, go to curse.com page for this addon and scroll down, there should be a fix in the thread there, fairly easy if you know how to use notepad.

Here is the 3.3.3 fix, I hope it still works. Don't remember where I got it from, but not done by me. Can't post links so replace the semicolon with a dot.

jump;fm/KWDWE

Shadowed UnitFrames is imo the nearest you are going to get, and is less of a learning curve than oUF or Pitbull.
    Pitbull while being the commonly accepted standard is not what I would call user friendly, and most users do little past moving the frames around.
    With oUF in order to do any but the very slightest changes do require some degree of Lua knowledge. Yes if you can find a layout you like, and have no need to change then great.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll give Shadowed a shot if I can't work out how to change something in the lua for ag to make them work properly. Thanks for the ideas.
    For the Alliance!

Did you try the file I (tried to) link? It worked in 3.3.3 for the exact problems posted but I can't test it in 3.3.5 myself

idd, shadow uf user here too. i liked ag, but i can safely say suf is better.