Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Stand Up For Yourselves, Do the Right Thing

Don't let anyone tell you that cancelling your account over this RealID nonsense is uncalled for. Cancelling your account because of these actions by Blizzard is completely reasonable and I encourage people to start cancelling their account and toss this game & Blizzard.

The recent actions of the company Activision over the few years has been, let's say, less than reputable. We all know that Activision acquired Blizzard a couple years ago as well, claiming Blizzard to be "their own entity" and allowed to make their own decisions. I can guarantee you that the implementation of RealID isn't a Blizzard-only decision. Activision (and practically all Viacom subsidiaries) have shown tremendous amounts of greed over the past decade or so. This is undeniable. Money over customer satisfaction has been a growing trend in the gaming industry (as it's already a trend in most industries). We see it time and time again. If you deny the fact that Blizzard has gotten a big head due to it's endless stream of funds from WoW, then you are lying to yourself. RealID is a perfect example. This company has gotten so out of touch with reality that they now believe themselves to have the right to expose your personal information. (For all those that say "your name is public information", you are indeed wrong. Your name will show up in association with your battle.net account, meaning that it is 100% associated with YOU and negates all aspects of anonymity, regardless of how common your name may be.)

RealID's initial inception was a friendly one that allowed all your gaming pals to go by real names rather than an in-game character. Well, we're seeing the next step in RealID and it's a fairly unpleasant realization of how much power these companies think they deserve.

Ladies and gentlemen, this isn't just about privacy, or lack thereof for that matter, it's about standing up for your rights and giving one giant bitch-smack to these over zealous arrogant corporations that think they're above your rights as human beings.

This is a prime example of how lawless corporations are in the US. And this isn't the beginning. Look at all the new faces trying to get into Congress that consists of former CEO's, WHO DRILLED THEIR COMPANIES INTO THE GROUND, but now they want to get into politics? It honestly frightens the fucking shit out of me that these people are being elected into primaries and will definitely see the light of day in Congress and more. You think corporations lobbying in Congress is bad now? You just wait, these dumb assholes are gonna strip you mother fuckers for everything you have and further the gap between the rich and the poor, eliminating the middle class even further.

How many of you have your mother's maiden name for your account security question, or maybe the elementary school you went to?:

- You post on the forums in the class threads. Awesome, thanks for the great input.

- Hacker-bitch #1 decides you won the drawing for account raping of the day, searches your name in Google, pipl.com, and spokeo.com. While he's at it, he glances your facebook/myspace page and grabs a couple e-mails associated with your name.

- Hacker-bitch #1 finds you right quick, along with the names of your parents and siblings. Hacker-bitch #1, being a hacker, is clever and decides to find out your mother's maiden name just in case that may be the security question.

- Hacker-bitch #1 calls up Blizzard Account Services, "I'm So-and-So, I need to regain access to my account." Blizz, "Blah Blah, can you answer your security question, What is your mother's maiden name?" OH SHIT SON, Hack-botch #1," Yeah, it's Yadda-Yadda."

- Hacker-bitch #1 - Win!
    - Rightful owner of the account - Raped all up in the face thanks to RealID.

This is only the beginning for this type of lawless bullshit. Are you going to be part of the solution and stop feeding this blind greed, or are you gonna fold over and forfeit your basic rights to a business company?

All I'm saying is grow some fucking balls and stop letting your addiction to this game support these types of actions from Blizzard. You know their sitting back laughing at all of you for being so hooked on WoW that you'll convince yourself it's okay, just so you can keep playing.

I apologize if this comes off harsh. I would have posted this in WoW's forums, but I don't have an active account nor is the game even installed on my PC. In all honestly, get with reality people. Blizzard knows the majority of WoW players just can't put it down, prove them wrong and do something for yourself.

EDIT:

Ok, I want to add something to stop replies like Laughriots. I recently, very recently, canceled my WoW account , uninstalled the game, and shattered all my WoW cd's, then I threw it all away. I played this game from day 1 of closed beta, played through open beta, raided 8+ hours a day 7 days a week during Vanilla, stayed up all night to get into TBC asap when it released, raided all of TBC, did the same for WTLK. I've been pretty flaky during WLK. In May I activated my account again to give ICC some runs, but I couldn't take it. The amount of actually playing the game versus waiting/farming/dicking around with pointless meta game, was immensely out of proportion. I was a straight ADDICT for WoW. Why the fuck do you think I even know about this RealID crap? Because I can't stop looking at MMO-Champ everyday. It's a habit because I still think about WoW even when I can't and don't want to play it. I dropped an account with over 300 days of playtime over 2 characters, and whats sad is that's fairly average for a wow player, but not even close to extremes. I played with a guy that have over 365 days played on one character during TBC!

If, for one second, you even think about attacking me for commenting about WoW addicts you better take one big ass step back and take a look at yourself. Blizzard knows people can't stop playing this game and will continue to implement ridiculous features, such as RealID, because they know people will just roll with it.
    Last edited by The Equalizer; 2010-07-07 at 03:29 PM.

thihi, he said Bitch

to be honest it's true but idiots like certin will go * hihi he sad bitch * missing point that there realy exist people like this in the world

i am sick of these kind of people

Congrats, you win my "First person to overreact for the wrong reasons involving RealID" award. I agree with you, I think this move is stupid. However, your yelling about people not being controlled by their WoW addiction while only expressing concern about losing your WoW account to hackers is sending me some mixed signals. My own personal worry would be that a person would go to the trouble you just described so that they could come to my house and have a go at whipping my ass or hitting me with a crowbar or shooting me because I expressed an opinion they disliked on the forums, or otherwise angered them. Or how about GY-camping someone in a BG until they spaz out, and then having them find your real name because the character you killed them on is attached to your RealID on the forums? Oh, or how about someone coming to your house and shooting you in the face for no reason because you have a character that has the exact same name as someone who angered them, and they're too angry/stupid to notice the ASCII character in it?

Seriously... these are all extreme situations, for sure. But your worry about a hacker taking your stuff is like... #36 on my list of 40 reasons why RealID on the forums is silly.

honestly i think canceling your account is overboard, altho i applaud you for your principles.

i think a much more reasonable approach however is to voice your dissatisfaction, argue the merits of it logically, and put down the illogical/ignorant justifications many people are trying to cite in favor of it, while never posting on the official forums.

if as many don't participate in their program as there hopefully are that have a problem with this, then their failure of a official forum after REALID would say a lot. then again with such a gigantic player base i'm not sure that'll happen. either way canceling on account of this is a little extreme but noble.

You have obviously never tried to have a account restored with blizzard. Last time i had to have my authenticator removed i had to fax them a copy of my license with a two page legal document with all my personal information signed and notorized. i have a hard time believing "hacker bitch" could do that and if he/she is that good your screwed already. he/she doesnt need to get your name from a wow forum.

tbh you should take some more serious actions that gets peoples attention

Carve the text
    BLIZZARD MAED MI DO ITH
    with a knife in your chest and hang yourself naked with a piano String in a public place.

even better would be to announce it , so tv stations can record it live

Quote Originally Posted by Aestu View Post
    Devs who would never be put on the design team by any rational and informed producers are shilling for them by creating what they believe will help them reap more profit.
    I have to agree with this. Tom Chilton single-handedly destroyed the greatest MMO that ever existed (and no, I'm not talking about WoW). How can having something like that on your resume get you hired as a lead dev on World of Warcraft? Seriously... that kid should have been black-balled by the industry.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hey OP, how about you go and do this. Buy a gun, buy a bullet, chamber the round, put the barrel in your mouth, pull the trigger and stop wasting the air the rest of us need to breath.

Anyone who tells you cancelling your account is unreasonable is full of shit! Quit trying to drag people into this bullshit. Don't discourage them from making a decision that is probably the right one.

The only reason these people voice their opinion is because when everyone cancels their account they won't have anyone to play with. Don't try to drag someone down with you because you can't man-up and step away from a game.

You can't deny this, because it's already true. WoW has been seeing dwindling number for the past year or so and more and more you see threads about people quitting and what-not. You know why? It's because these people are so fucking addicted to the game that they need extra support in their decision to quit.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I disagree with all this bs about quitting the game. I'm happy that all these people are quitting over it. I will no longer call it lagaran because all of the whiny trolls will be gone because they can't anonymously troll or insult other people without having to own up to it. Yes I know its not in game, but those that troll in forums usually troll in game and vice versa. I like the idea and I'm tired of all the whiners saying I give consent to their whining and the whole community hates it. I love it can't wait for this rash of I'm going to quit wow players leave so I can go back to my normal wowin in peace.

P.S. Thankyou for quitting I'll be the guy enjoying the game with less latency and higher framerates after you and all of the people like you are gone.

Q to the Qth power. Who posts on the wow official forums anyways?
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT

Quote Originally Posted by Fooliecoolie View Post
    Hey OP, how about you go and do this. Buy a gun, buy a bullet, chamber the round, put the barrel in your mouth, pull the trigger and stop wasting the air the rest of us need to breath.
    Kid, you're lucky, because if these forums disclosed your first and last name I'd be on a plane to your house in a heartbeat and be shoving your little dick in a vise. It's stupid fuckers like you who piss of very capable people like myself that have no problem what-so-ever showing up on your front door and putting your ass in the ground.

I guess you just gave a prime example of why RealID would be good. It would stop little pricks like yourself from posting dumb shit because people like myself would have to come murder you.
    Last edited by The Equalizer; 2010-07-07 at 04:43 PM.

Wow overreact much?
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT

Quote Originally Posted by The Equalizer View Post
    Kid, you're lucky, because if these forums disclosed your first and last name I'd be on a plane to your house in a heartbeat and be shoving your little dick in a vise. It's stupid fuckers like you who piss of very capable people like myself that have no problem what-so-ever showing up on your front door and putting your ass in the ground.

I guess you just gave a prime example of why RealID would be good. It would stop little pricks like yourself from posting dumb shit because people like myself would have to come murder you.
    Really? You really think people believe you when you spew that shit out?

Yeah, you got a problem with it faggot? I'm an ex-marine who's seen shit that would put you in diapers looking for the closest hiding spot while you call your mommy balling your eyes out. I'm here to make points and prove them. So, go round up all your other little fat fuck 13 year old buddies and come at me all you want.

Wow, you have 1600 posts on a gaming forum. Just proves my point that you're all addicts in denial. Get with reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're playing Blizzards game
    Their not making yours

Wow has been "ruined" according to people unhappy with one or two aspects of the game since its inception. Since it began, it's been ruined by rooftop camping, the removal of rooftop camping, the lack of honor, the implementation of honor, the lack of dishonor, the implementation of dishonor, the removal of dishonor, the removal of wall walking, rank rewards, decaying rank, the removal of rank decay, the removal of PVP titles, Ahn'Qiraj, Scourge Invasion, Zul'Gurub, the cost of mounts, the lack of information about TBC, all information released about TBC, playable Blood Elves, playable Draenei, Horde Paladins, Alliance Shamans, flying mounts, the timing of the release of TBC, the cost of flight, Jewelcrafting, the LFG channel, holding people accountable to the Terms of Use, meeting stones, arenas, the number of arena teams one player can have, arena-based gear rewards, the lack of battlegrounds, the addition of battlegrounds, everything about battlegrounds, Illidan being killable, Daily quests, instance-based reputations, the Darkmoon Faire, /pizza, playable wisps, Tinfoil Hat, the Armory, Warden, the lack of information about Wrath, all information about Wrath, a failure to revamp old world areas, the inability to transfer from PVE to PVP servers, hero classes, siege engines, cold weather flying, Wintergrasp being a PVP zone, death knights, the inability to start a new character of any class at 55 or higher, the lack of a dance studio, character recustomization, the inability to change race or faction, the cost of mammoths and motorcycles, the fall damage negation of mammoths and motorcycles, the removal of fall damage negation from mammoths and motorcycles, the ability to transfer from PVE to PVP servers, dual specs, Achievements, holiday events, Mountain Dew Game Fuel, streaming Blizzcon ’09 on pay per view, the revamping of Onyxia’s Lair, Worgen for the Alliance, Goblins for the Horde, revamped old world areas, the ability to change faction, the ability to change race, new race/class combinations, purchasable vanity pets, as well as weekly maintenance and patches 1.1 through the current one inclusive.

In that time, while WoW was being ruined by all of the above, WoW has quintupled its subscriber base. So don' t be disappointed if Blizzard doesn't leap to change whatever you say is killing the game.

-from a post on the forums the last time they ruined the game.

Quote Originally Posted by The Equalizer View Post
    Yeah, you got a problem with it faggot? I'm an ex-marine who's seen shit that would put you in diapers looking for the closest hiding spot while you call your mommy balling your eyes out. I'm here to make points and prove them. So, go round up all your other little fat fuck 13 year old buddies and come at me all you want.

Wow, you have 1600 posts on a gaming forum. Just proves my point that you're all addicts in denial. Get with reality.
    Did you know that everyone on the internet is an ex-marine? Except for the ones that are special forces or a Navy S.E.A.L. Also, they all have dead mothers, so they can report you when you make "your mom" jokes. True story.

Hush up, eThug.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post

-from a post on the forums the last time they ruined the game.
    There is a minor difference between game changes and the release and potential misuse of personal information.