Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Trainable shadowstep :O!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brini View Post
    Two things:
    One. Why take away the choice to be a hybrid if I so desire. Perhaps I like some improved healing ability even though it draws down on my damage output a little. I rather enjoy being able to go out in the world solo and actually be able to heal myself & survive a fight with a group of mobs that ends up with another 3 on me before I can finish off the first 3. Until ENDGAME Min-Maxing B/S isn't a issue so why should I worry about it all if I can progress as fast as I want to? I doubt I will sit in Org and level through the dungeon finder. It's actually boring for me to do that for more then a hour or two.

and Two. Where is your CONSTRUCTIVE criticism?
    Again you're basing all of your speculation on a system that is soon to be obliterated. Therefore it's all null and void.

Which brings me to a response to your second "thing": I'll give it once the talents have been released, rather than jumping to idiotic conclusions before getting all of the information required.
    This signature intentionally left blank.

Amazing stuff.

To be more specific, all the problems that were caused before by the fact that Blizz didn't want one spec to pick talents from another spec, are now solved.
    PVP will affect a bit less PVE.
    Hybrids are dead.
    Blizz will know that first 2 tiers will be accessible for hybrids, so they can put there whatever they want, without affecting the order of the spells down the tree.
    And yes, there are less talents, but if you remember how many talents have 3+ points, you will see quickly that the important talents will still be there, but with less points to spend per talent.

Deleted
    One. Why take away the choice to be a hybrid if I so desire.
    Because if they leave in the availability of 11/11/11+ builds, they can't possibly put an awesome talent at the 11 point marker, because then everyone will be able to get at them. This is just a way to move the more rewarding talents higher up in the tree, so that you won't have to be identical to every other player while leveling.. And if you hadn't noticed, Cataclysm is an expansion with a lot of focus on new / rerolling players.

Perhaps I like some improved healing ability even though it draws down on my damage output a little.
    And with the removal of fluff talents, their idea is that 10 points in an off-spec will still give you some reasonable flexibility to this extent. It may not work out like that, too early to tell.

I doubt I will sit in Org and level through the dungeon finder. It's actually boring for me to do that for more then a hour or two.
    Not really sure what you're getting at here, but I doubt the leveling experience is going to get any particular amounts worse by moving more powerful talents earlier in the trees.
    But sure, it's possible that you'll have increased downtime if you play a hybrid class and start off with a dps spec, difficult to tell at the moment though.

I think it has a lot of potential, and I didn't really consider the vanilla talents all that locked in at the time.. If they pull off the removal off pointless talents and make the choices seem 'fun', it'll be a success. I'm hopeful, but for now speculation is rather pointless since the change as a concept doesn't mean much at all.. All in the execution.

Lol, seems that the overfilled with passive talents paladin trees, forced blizzard to cut all trees to less talents, since it
    would be hard to replace them all.

Btw, I like the change.
    Last edited by Heldamon; 2010-07-08 at 08:00 AM.

rouges with mutilate at lvl 10, cant wait x)

---------- Post added 2010-07-08 at 07:54 AM ----------

Well, I dont mind getting 1 talent point per 2 lvl, as long as I don't have to spen them into INCREASES YOU CRIT CHANCES BY 1%, YEAA, or INCREASES THE HEALING OF [insert random spell] BY 5%, YEAAA...

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the change. It is pretty ridiculous that over half my points spent are simply *increases X ability by Y%* or *X ability's CD is decreased by Y seconds*. But I could see this going either way. I'm praying it works out fantastically, but I have my doubts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very foggy description. It can be interpreted like this: To enjoy the bonuses from mastery, you need to venture into a Cataclysm areas and unlock it. Obviously only new zones - not re-done ones - will have high enough item level drops to have the new stat and these areas will be sealed of for players without upgrade to Cataclysm. Thus a new stat is introduced for Cataclysm owners only.
    The opening up of 2ndry talent tree seams to be available to anyone.. still it's a dirty move to reserve stats for talents and specifically for expansion owners. This kind of reminds me of "sockets". Not an original idea... not at all.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    So, for those of you that DO NOT UNDERSTAND this new talent system.
    Some of you think that there is only 31 talent points / tree, this is wrong, hence they stated that there will be 38-42 talent points / tree.
    To be able to go into another tree, you need to spend 31 points in your main tree, including the last talent special in your choosen tree, then you can spend the last 10 points in whichever tree suits you.
    Like this, for example.. oh wait, I can't post pictures yet, new account >_<
    Well, i32.tinypic . com/fmjul5.jpg copy pasta it. ;<

I reserve myself for rulebreaking, but it's just to show ppl

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Willys
    Very foggy description. It can be interpreted like this: To enjoy the bonuses from mastery, you need to venture into a Cataclysm areas and unlock it. Obviously only new zones - not re-done ones - will have high enough item level drops to have the new stat and these areas will be sealed of for players without upgrade to Cataclysm. Thus a new stat is introduced for Cataclysm owners only.
    The opening up of 2ndry talent tree seams to be available to anyone.. still it's a dirty move to reserve stats for talents and specifically for expansion owners. This kind of reminds me of "sockets". Not an original idea... not at all.
    That's exactly what's written there, nothing to interpret.
    But let me ask you one question: If you don't play endgame, why would you need mastery?
    Last edited by mmocb1848b600a; 2010-07-08 at 08:29 AM.

They way it was explained by blizz at this point changes are absolutely awesome and definitely an improvement for the game as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Jin84 View Post
    So we're basically doing 31/21/0 ish specs? Or are they reducing the talent points we get per level?
    Reducing the talent points, you'll see 31/10/0 or 31/5/5 kind of specs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omen321 View Post
    Tirion has joined the guild
    [Guild][Tirion]: /brofist
    [Guild][Bolvar]: /brofist
    Tirion has left the guild
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximen View Post
    Warriors will dead...

Lame 41/51 point talents will be a thing of the past! long live the new lame 26 and 31 point talent

but seriously there is too much filler in the talent trees at the moment, trimming that off cant be a bad thing.

Dont get it why people're complaining... You dont even know how it will end up like or better up; you have not even played with it so how can you know? Timemachine? All cant be happy. The day everyone share same opinion and like the same thing would be the day the world celebrate 10 years of worldpeace.

15+ Year Old Account
    I like this change. Looking forward to see how its implemented.

While I like the streamlining of both the Mastery concept and talent trees in general, I am not sure I appreciate the enforced 31 points in one tree aspect.

Well I'm starting to hate blizz for what they are doing with this game. Just hope that my rage is not necessary and cata won't fuck this game up.

It is all further dumbing down of the game so that everyone can be the same.

This makes classes less interesting and not more interesting.

Hahahahaha and the example of the developer who has a two year wow break "having to spend 45 minutes" reading up on his class is such a lame example of why they should completely overhaul talents and make sure that you need even less class-knowledge to be a good player.

Like I said: the dumbing-down continues.

@Klosu
    Its still beta. Much can happen till the day it actually release to the stores.