Air-Raids on Capital Cities?

I was thinking about how raiding cities is a bit of a challenge right now, since you have to enter them on foot and basically charge all the way to the bosses and possibly lose some people along the way from the NPC's and random players of the other faction picking off the stragglers.

It appears you can FLY OVER a capital city in Cataclysm, which means getting 40 or more people together on flying mounts and massing over the city fairly easy to do. Then having everyone drop down in unison to avoid the guards and NPCs at the main gates and go right after the bosses.

Will there be any sort of Anti-Air defense implemented in the cities? Like the flak-cannons in Ogrila in the Outlands?

Or some other defense?

10+ Year Old Account
    There will be anti-air defenses, but I hope its not like in Ogrila. Those things are easy to dodge. Think more like above the smaller towns in outland, where it dismounts you for flying too close.
    Only 2 things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe - Albert Einstein

10+ Year Old Account
    Need high elite air-patrols that one-shot. Problem solved.
    Signatures are overrated.

Each city needs to have .50 cal AA cannons installed, usable via either automation or player interaction.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Put those annoying guards that are in thrallmar that throw that concoction or w/e that blows you away

im assuming ther will be flying guards and stuff like that

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Routes 5, 6, 24, 25, Ilex Forest, Safari Zone (Night)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fateq View Post
    Put those annoying guards that are in thrallmar that throw that concoction or w/e that blows you away
    Those are annoying...

Which means they are perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by Fateq View Post
    That and simply put the GROUND guards from Thrallmar in every city...I mean seriously those guys can stunlock you to death while horde can waltz right into HH and steamroll the ally guards :\
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, "it appears" it's a BETA... nothing is even nearly finished, we don't even know if they will allow flying over capital cities. And if they do, it's kinda obvious they won't allow players to just fly in it unharmed.

I hope they put in invisible force fields that the other faction can't cross. That way they keep the World PVP dead and everyone's happy, AMIRITE?!

Quote Originally Posted by M4xC4v413r4 View Post
    Well, "it appears" it's a BETA... nothing is even nearly finished, we don't even know if they will allow flying over capital cities. And if they do, it's kinda obvious they won't allow players to just fly in it unharmed.
    They already stated you would be able to fly over Capitol Cities which is why they had to totally rework them to be visible from the sky and operational. Meaning you can actually explore the Ruins of Lordaeron now, YAY!

id suspect they would have fast moving air patrol that will knock you off your mount if they hit you.

I hope that whatever they do, that it doesn't completely nullify the exciting world PvP that could result from this. IE: Some happy medium between being able to attack a city from the air, while not just being able to drop in on the boss.

The mounted cannons would actually be pretty fun, almost starwars'ish, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can see it now, no air defense raids will camp inside the opposing cities factions. Not for an hour or two, but days. You know them, you hate them, these are the people that even their own faction hates. They will make these raids, get people to join then attack and never leave.

So yes give us some air defense, hell make it also accessible for players. Like the turret suggestion, hop in fire rockets at the mounted people.

I assume they will put in something like they had in outland where you would have guards come after you when flying to close but really I think it makes for some epic city raids which sound fun as hell imo.

There will be a local Superman in every city which will zap every enemy away with his laser eyes.

Chuck norris will also be on his back to roundhouse kick the enemy away from the city.

Quote Originally Posted by Viperdream View Post
    There will be a local Superman in every city which will zap every enemy away with his laser eyes.

Chuck norris will also be on his back to roundhouse kick the enemy away from the city.
    I was skeptical whn you said there would be a local Superman in every city, but then you said Chuck would be on his back.

I feel safe in Chuck's hands, don't worry guys everything will be fine.