Field Marshal Herald of Garrosh's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

So I thought, Ill just change my WoW's contact info...

But apparently blizzard doesn't let you change your name?
    Come the fuck on.

Let them come! BLOOD AND THUNDER!

Deleted
    Yeah, I'm so annoyed at my friend right now who signed up without using his real name. :/ (Infact it's a bunch of random words lol.)

You know what's worse? To misstype your real name resulting in something that reminds you of random words.....Q_Q
    Quote Originally Posted by eErike View Post
    Look at your comment, now back to mine. Now back at your comment now back to mine. Sadly it isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through comments, writing the comment your could look like. What did you post? Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, the reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Nope, they don't unless you provide them with documents like a marriage certificate or birth certificate in case of transfer of account ownership from guardian to a former minor.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by emni View Post
    Nope, they don't unless you provide them with documents like a marriage certificate or birth certificate in case of transfer of account ownership from guardian to a former minor.
    Strange... They're acting as if our names belong to them, and therefore our souls do too...

OH WAI--

Field Marshal Herald of Garrosh's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by emni View Post
    What if the account changes hands?
    I dont want the new person using my name!

Let them come! BLOOD AND THUNDER!

Quote Originally Posted by Herald of Garrosh View Post
    What if the account changes hands?
    I dont want the new person using my name!
    That's why such transactions are against Blizzard's policy. If you want to cash in some money for you account, you better be prepared for the fact that the new owner will forever be you on the new forums.

Imagine you sold your account, and the guy with your account uses your name on the forums to break hell free and gets you legal problems with blizzard. oh wait! blizzard could always see your account name next to your log in character on the forums anyway!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm half tempted to go buy a copy of WoW and use the RaF service to receive the rocket account. Plus, I can have my own AV twink for when I get bored and make some people nerd-rage on the WoW PvP Forums.

I'm thinking the account name should be something along the lines of, "Activis Ionlovescock"...

I mean, Blizzard can't ban you because of your name, can they?

You are assumed to use your real name when you subscribe, that's why you can't change it, because you're assumed to use nothing else than your real name. In case you would change your real name in real life, you would have to contact Blizzard and provide legal evidence of the change, and they would 100% change your name like any other company would. But of course you can't change your name for many other reasons, and it's not against the law nor it's Blizzard acting as if your name belongs to them.
    Last edited by Memory; 2010-07-07 at 11:05 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    It looks like this may help a bit with account selling, too.

I think a lot of people would think twice about selling if they knew the new owner could spread crap in their name.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you do end up buying a new account and signing up with the name Tim Heidecker or something, be warned, if you ever have to prove the account belongs to you, you are fucked

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruzan View Post
    If you do end up buying a new account and signing up with the name Tim Heidecker or something, be warned, if you ever have to prove the account belongs to you, you are fucked
    Yeah, that's true.

Oh well, the only toon on that account is going to be a twink anyways. I don't see how I would ever need to prove my identity though, since I use an authenticator I don't really worry about my account getting hacked.

This is why my account was not setup in my real name, lol. Why the hell would you give a video game company your name and contact info? And yes, I have had to prove my identity before when my account was jacked, scan your id and photoshop it to your made up name, problem solved. It's not like they have access to motor vehicle files to check it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtdiver View Post
    This is why my account was not setup in my real name, lol. Why the hell would you give a video game company your name and contact info? And yes, I have had to prove my identity before when my account was jacked, scan your id and photoshop it to your made up name, problem solved. It's not like they have access to motor vehicle files to check it.
    Talk about paranoid as hell.

All these people who are thinking they are going to get raped or something are stupid. It's not that big of a deal.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Allowing people to change their names would defeat their purpose of RealID.