Page 1 of 3
LastLast

One of my Hopes - Interesting Faction

One thing I really hope for their to be is more rep factions in Cata than their were in WotLK.

- For example, in BC, we have many unique rep factions. For example The Kurenei/Mag'har, which after a tough grind you got a very unique mount.
    - Cenarion Expedition exalted, also tough to get, a very cool Hippogryph mount
    - And Netherwing Ledge, which was a VERY rough grind, but a very awesome mount rewarded at the end.

More reputation where to get exalted takes days or weeks, or even longer, with unique rewards such as mounts, which are not simply reskinned. I would love it for these to be hard to get, so by completing it and getting the mount would actually be something you could ride around on and be proud of. Like my mage in BC, was a great feeling riding around on my Talbuk and Netherdrake.

What do you guys think. More factions for people who love new mounts ?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

No. All casuals would unsubscribe. Blizzard would start crying.

Why should they unsubscribe? Its not something that they have to do! its just for people who have the time or want to get new mounts. I actually liked the mounts in BC. Got every one of em.

Deleted
    I wouldn't unsubscribe, I just wouldn't bother with those factions. TBH sons of hodir was a pain in the genitals after like 4 days.

Would love to get a Netherwing like faction, but i kinda doubt it would happen now that they reward mounts as raiding achivements.

I'd love that!

I've farmed a lot of reputations already just to get mounts from them, so I wouldn't mind another
    Quote Originally Posted by Omen321 View Post
    Tirion has joined the guild
    [Guild][Tirion]: /brofist
    [Guild][Bolvar]: /brofist
    Tirion has left the guild
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximen View Post
    Warriors will dead...

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarethen View Post
    I wouldn't unsubscribe, I just wouldn't bother with those factions. TBH sons of hodir was a pain in the genitals after like 4 days.
    wtf, why the hell do people do sons of hodir dailys when there is relics to turn in. You only need like 500 relics to get exalted! And guess what those 500 relics cost in ah? Less than 100g! And don't say that is too much...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sno View Post
    i didn't bother reading the OP, it's most likly just some shitty thread debating as to how gearscore is good/bad or a comparison to skill again

Quote Originally Posted by Gameroon View Post
    wtf, why the hell do people do sons of hodir dailys when there is relics to turn in. You only need like 500 relics to get exalted! And guess what those 500 relics cost in ah? Less than 100g! And don't say that is too much...
    less than 100g? Jesus, what server are you on? They sure aren't that cheap on mine. Cheap mind you, but not THAT cheap.

Deleted
    Maybe now, but you can also buy 550 rep for one emblem of triumph...
    They were a bitch at the start of WotLK, and you had to do it for every single character you wanted the enchant on.

1. First of all, I agree... moar reputation to grind, and give me a Insane 2.0
    2. Kurenai/Mag'har has to be one of the easiest reputation ever, even back in TBC where I had 3 chars being exalted with them.
    3. Please do not give me any reputation which is only obtainble through 30-40days of daily quests

If my memory serves me right, then I don't think you were able to turn relics in right at the start, but instead had to do the boring daily quests.
    Later they changed it, so you could start turning in those relics and the prices went up like CRAZY.
    Then they changed it again, so you could get the reputation by just doing your "normal" dungeon quests and get a mark wbich granted 500 rep.
    Then they changed it again, so you could buy the Sons of Hodir rep for your emblem of triumph, at which point the prices for the relics fell.

The netherwing quest grind was fun but it's been done before, people will just complain about how they're just rehashing some old faction grind instead of making up a new one.

I liked doing Hodir dailies. It was quite a bit of gold for barely any effort.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarethen View Post
    now you can get exalted in a day by doing all the quest and doing the dailies the next day.. wth..

I love reputation farming (that dont rely on pristine diamond..)

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfmarine View Post
    Why should they unsubscribe? Its not something that they have to do! its just for people who have the time or want to get new mounts. I actually liked the mounts in BC. Got every one of em.
    To each their own. Grinding for no other reason than a carrot on a stick is poor game design though. You could just play farmville or mafia wars if you enjoy that type of gameplay.

Imo, there's a huge problem with a game if the fun is only in receiving the reward and not in the gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Exploitbat View Post
    Pretty Casual here. Haven't even completed the ICC 5-mans or been in ICC yet. I have 32 out of 35 reputations currently (for that achievement). Currently working on others.

-----------
    To the original poster - You'll be able to gain reputation with your guild and it was said that would enable guild specific mounts.

Casuals didn't unsubscribe in TBC....

And the purple proto drake didn't make people unsubscribe...

And people who didn't wanna grind sons of hodir didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Exploitbat View Post
    I'm a somewhat casual. I don't grind for rep because I hate grinding, but the mounts are cool to look at. I'd love to see a new mount, maybe I'd actually try to get it this time.

i'm also a casual and i hope there won't be anymore grind factions

i feel the argent tournament helped that feeling in WotLK, got to have a bit of grindyness.
    -tons of mounts/pet rewards
    -took a good, long time to reach the "end" <crusader> rank
    -still rewarding after you hit that rank (selling pets)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I would also like to see more of this, bring back a Netherdrake styled rep grind.