At least higher ups know whats going on.

It looks like what we say is actually important.. Quoted from Zarhym a well know blue. Heres the page it's on

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...1&pageNo=8#149

We're reporting everything we're seeing. We send regular community reports out every week to nearly everyone in the company summarizing the tone on the forums, as well as what players are discussing. Whenever big announcements take place (like the one Tuesday morning), we're giving almost hourly reports on what we're seeing. These reports are actually extremely important to a lot of people, all the way up to Mike Morhaime.

A community manager is not only responsible for relaying information to the community, he or she has an equally (if not more) important role in relaying community feedback to the developers and executives at Blizzard. We are the best link between the playerbase and those making decisions for the future of our company and games.

15+ Year Old Account
    This makes me happy.

This news is both comforting and troubling.

It's comforting in that the higher ups at least know that the majority of WoWs population do NOT want this.

It's troubling because Morhaime, being that Blizzard HAS BEEN MAKING THESE DECISIONS BY THEMSELVES, OUTSIDE OF ACTIVISION INFLUENCE, has been one of the people proposing the Real ID changes.

Rofl, they must be lying or something. 'Cause we bitch about a lot of shit that doesn't get done.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiglits View Post
    Rofl, they must be lying or something. 'Cause we bitch about a lot of shit that doesn't get done.
    Bitching about something does not mean it will be addressed. Morhaime and the other Blizzard higher-ups could give a shit less about how you think warriors should be nerfed, or whatever.

There is an inherent difference in OP paladin nerf bitching, and community effecting bitching.

I hope the Blizzard higher ups will see these reports coupled with the loss of accounts and at least rethink this idea slightly.
    Highly skilled sharpshooter, effective against air units. Can gain the Long Rifles upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Retributious View Post
    This news is both comforting and troubling.

It's comforting in that the higher ups at least know that the majority of WoWs population do NOT want this.

It's troubling because Morhaime, being that Blizzard HAS BEEN MAKING THESE DECISIONS BY THEMSELVES, OUTSIDE OF ACTIVISION INFLUENCE, has been one of the people proposing the Real ID changes.
    you think blizz just came up with it on their own? - oookay then.

here is what Kotick (the CEO of activision) had to say about it back in, 2009:

Accordingly to Kotick, Activision will continue to examine the idea of social gaming, saying ‘[currently,] these opportunities are better utilized as a means to connect our community and extend the brand, and less about financial scale or huge financial return’.

While the nature of these games is currently supplementary, Kotick also spoke of the company’s $1.3 billion revenue from digital sales. This includes DLC, subscriptions and mobile incomes, and could easily accommodate social gaming revenue. Develop also points out Activision’s $300 million purchase of PlayFish, an online game developer which could form the basis of Activision’s social gaming team.

What this will ultimately result in is a surge of new titles designed for use on Facebook and other networking sites, with Kotick mentioning both Call of Duty and Guitar Hero franchises as a possible way to cash in on some of that social gaming dough.

he continues here: Also in 2009 with this pearl:

By seamlessly integrating an innovative "Share" button, Blur lets players choose to light up the competition in both single and multi-player modes by sending game challenges to friends and posting in-game photos, racing stats, unlockable items and much more on their Facebook pages.

"Blur's innovative integration with Facebook makes it easy for players to interact with their real friends to share game play, emotions, and the racing experience," said Dan Rose, Vice President of Partnerships and Platform Marketing, Facebook. "Blur is leading the next generation of console games integrating with Facebook to make gaming more social for our more than 400 million users."

"Blur is the first multi-platform videogame that connects the television to Facebook, and for the first time, videogame audiences on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC will be able to link their console gameplay to their network of friends," said Robert Kotick, CEO, Activision Blizzard. "Facebook has become a fantastic platform for videogames and Blur elevates it even further."

----------------

Dont know what Blur is, you have to do a google. Im not allowed to make links

Basically released this year, but developed in 2009, and all dependant on the facebook merge..

But lets not forget, the whole realID thing is to protect us against evul trollZ!! mmmyeah!

Good thing my account is permanently banned from the officials!

Pretty sure the higher ups were already aware the vast population was against the forum changes already. If I recall correctly, a GM on wow-eu acknowledged that they were aware a big number would probably just stop using the forums altogether and they were OK with it because they think just because the troll's RL name is exposed (thats also assuming everyone uses their real name for bnet, I have plenty of friends who do not) that they'll stop. Pretty sure they won't.

On the plus side, my sub died a couple of days ago and seeing how this real id shit will probably make it to the game, I'm contemplating if I'll even bother re-upping.

I probably will this week, can't resist.

Trolls win again, it seems.

When a corrupt society is corrupt absolutely, the only reaction is to participate wholeheartedly. - LeBron James

Deleted
    No-new-real-id-threads-post-in-existing-ones

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-existing-ones