Poll: Which class change do you like best?!

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

POLL: Official, pick class change

Hello,

This is the official "pick the class change you would die for" Poll.
    I was just thinking about ways to spice up the new talent trees and came up with the following. I will consider the results of this poll before I post on the official forums.

Thanks for participating!

Rogue - deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Laukkanen View Post
    Rogue - deleted.
    On topic.
    Not so much a class change per se but can they seriously fix so that the hunter is acting as a hunter during the Insanity part of Herald Volajz? Every other class is using heals, and their class specific stuff and the hunter will just go in melee. I mean honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrsky View Post
    Fixed.
    You fixed it wrong. It says Rogue. Not Hunter.
    Last edited by Laukkanen; 2010-07-09 at 01:34 AM.

Shadowflame: Current glyph is incorporated into base spell. Add early talent to disarm those affected.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

10+ Year Old Account
    What is this I don't even...

Hunter - deleted.
    Fixed.

Paladin - deleted.
    Fix'd again.
    A proud member of the Cataclysm Beta Club as of 7/27/10

sorry about that the poll was not up for some reason fixed

10+ Year Old Account
    All classes - deleted.
    Fixed

/thread

No warriors? :O </3
    Last edited by lol; 2010-07-09 at 01:59 AM. Reason: Wut?
    Signatures are overrated.

Yeah sorry no warriors. I thought Blizz took care of the warrior tree passives decently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Paladin - The Retribution talent tree will be deleted. Due to this inconvenience there will be free class changes for any paladins specced into it. I believe this action would alleviate generalizations against Paladins, lower the amount of melee DPS, and it is easier than fixing Retribution DPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    I can see who votes against that, and I can ban. Just saying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rogue - deleted.
    I will punch you in the soul

Rogue: gain on assasination specialty, whenever you are out of combat and select a hostile target you have 5 combo points automatically to start with.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutilator12 View Post
    I will punch you in the soul
    I have yet to see one post with constructive criticism or support. I apologize for the abbreviations and such in the poll. There is a 100 letter limit for each question so I had to improvise.

Quote Originally Posted by RoknarKorgath View Post
    What is this I don't even...
    its simple just vote for whatever moves u think would be wild and just plain out crazy n insane in game!

It looks like the beast master changes and the rogue changes are the most popular.

Let me take a moment to clarify the rogue idea:
    The "permanent" stealth thing would have to be toggled so it's not really permanent. For example when a person puts a point into the subtlety tree the player's character will not become stealthed.

Um... You don't seem to understand much in your poll... ^^;; Let me point out some of the glaring problems with some of your suggestions. ^_^ (BTW, my 80s are hunter, druid, warlock so I at least have a clue what I'm talking about regarding those classes.)
    ---------

BM Hunter = A 20% dps loss from pet damage? >.>;;; Pet dps is going to be normalized so that any dps differences will be RNG based not skill based.. So getting 2x 40% dps pets = 80% of dps from a standard non-BM pet? Yes, it would be "fun" to be able to have more than one pet out at a time for BM, but it should still result in a dps increase, even if it's a small one otherwise it is something to be avoided.

SV Hunter = Why would Blizz give us the new druid ability? -_-;; There are plenty of other ways to add/modify existing hunter traps to make them better rather than getting a nature-based frost trap that deals way too much damage and might as well say "Nerf me" in the tooltip.

MM Hunter = A Cata MM hunter can easily keep a target dazed 100% of the time, so this is totally redundant and translates to "your auto-shots deal 4% more damage" -_- Boring.

Feral Druid = Bears won't have strength on armor -_-;; We will gain AP from STR & AGI. While we will still get AP from it, there will be very few sources of STR for bears in Cata (only accessories and buffs). This is also about as bland an idea as you can get since it is a boring AP increase.

Priest = I don't play a priest, but this seems rather stupidly overpowered in this game.. Maybe if it was just a copy+paste of the shaman ability, but not as you described it.. CD is waaaaay too small. This would result in an imbalance among the classes since priests would not be all that worried about dying in encounters, while everyone else would still have to care. Would be a serious PITA in PVP as well -_-;;

Warlock - Thank you for not trying ^^ We warlocks appreciate the lack of effort on our part from you.
    -----------

I don't think the intent of the new passive system is to give anyone brand-spanking new abilities, since that is the job of the actual talents in the tree. Blizz just wants to take all the mandatory talents that everyone with half a brain cell took in each tree, and certain tree defining abilities and give us access to them earlier, which also has the side-effect/benefit of removing access to them from other trees. This can be used to preemptively prevent unexpectedly overpowering combos like Bestial Wrath + Readiness without resorting to fixes like what was used to break that combo. (In that case, they errata'd Readiness so that it excludes BW from it's effect, which worked but always seemed to me like the jury-rigged solution that it was.)

Rather than trying to come up with new abilities to fit into this system, why don't we brainstorm which talents you are hoping will become our new passives?
    I for one am really hoping that BM Hunter's 51pt "Beast Mastery" talent gets baked into our new spec-exclusive passives ^_^ That makes room for an actual Ability as our final talent rather than a passive trait, makes the difference between BM > MM/SV clear from the beginning AND would be made of 100% pure win.

15+ Year Old Account
    i was thinking this would be a poll asking if people thought blizzard should implement a paid class change service. i was all ready to debate and everything...then i clicked on the thread and was greeted with the most tarded (not retarded, you have to be tarded once to be tarded again, thus the "re") list of changes that either a) don't make any sense (mushroom trap and lifesteal) or b) are horrendously overpowered (90% runspeed buff? 50% haste? perma stealth?).

you sir, have made this panda, very sad.
    BfA Beta Time

BM Hunter with 2 pets would definitely be a good one. However I would change the damage reduction to maybe 40%.
    I do not play hunter much. (main is a warlock)

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah if both bets got a 60% damage reduction the pets would only do 80% of one pets damage
    "I intend to live forever."

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by deadman80 View Post
    Um... You don't seem to understand much in your poll... ^^;; Let me point out some of the glaring problems with some of your suggestions. ^_^ (BTW, my 80s are hunter, druid, warlock so I at least have a clue what I'm talking about regarding those classes.)
    ---------

BM Hunter = A 20% dps loss from pet damage? >.>;;; Pet dps is going to be normalized so that any dps differences will be RNG based not skill based.. So getting 2x 40% dps pets = 80% of dps from a standard non-BM pet? Yes, it would be "fun" to be able to have more than one pet out at a time for BM, but it should still result in a dps increase, even if it's a small one otherwise it is something to be avoided.

SV Hunter = Why would Blizz give us the new druid ability? -_-;; There are plenty of other ways to add/modify existing hunter traps to make them better rather than getting a nature-based frost trap that deals way too much damage and might as well say "Nerf me" in the tooltip.

MM Hunter = A Cata MM hunter can easily keep a target dazed 100% of the time, so this is totally redundant and translates to "your auto-shots deal 4% more damage" -_- Boring.

Feral Druid = Bears won't have strength on armor -_-;; We will gain AP from STR & AGI. While we will still get AP from it, there will be very few sources of STR for bears in Cata (only accessories and buffs). This is also about as bland an idea as you can get since it is a boring AP increase.

Priest = I don't play a priest, but this seems rather stupidly overpowered in this game.. Maybe if it was just a copy+paste of the shaman ability, but not as you described it.. CD is waaaaay too small. This would result in an imbalance among the classes since priests would not be all that worried about dying in encounters, while everyone else would still have to care. Would be a serious PITA in PVP as well -_-;;

Warlock - Thank you for not trying ^^ We warlocks appreciate the lack of effort on our part from you.
    -----------

I don't think the intent of the new passive system is to give anyone brand-spanking new abilities, since that is the job of the actual talents in the tree. Blizz just wants to take all the mandatory talents that everyone with half a brain cell took in each tree, and certain tree defining abilities and give us access to them earlier, which also has the side-effect/benefit of removing access to them from other trees. This can be used to preemptively prevent unexpectedly overpowering combos like Bestial Wrath + Readiness without resorting to fixes like what was used to break that combo. (In that case, they errata'd Readiness so that it excludes BW from it's effect, which worked but always seemed to me like the jury-rigged solution that it was.)

Rather than trying to come up with new abilities to fit into this system, why don't we brainstorm which talents you are hoping will become our new passives?
    I for one am really hoping that BM Hunter's 51pt "Beast Mastery" talent gets baked into our new spec-exclusive passives ^_^ That makes room for an actual Ability as our final talent rather than a passive trait, makes the difference between BM > MM/SV clear from the beginning AND would be made of 100% pure win.
    Finally some constructive feedback. First off thank you for that. Second I agree on some things, but others I do not. The survival "druid talent" as you called it, is far from the same as here. This would be a much smaller mushroom that becomes undetectable once t is placed BUT the enemy can see it for a split (or whole) second. This is not OP at all because the chances of someone hitting it are reduced thanks to the bit of RNG I thought of.

Druids: I see your point, waay too boring. I purpose this instead. Before I start I should say ...talents should be fun<<<< that is the whole point of playing any game. SO I will bring my ideas to the official blizzard suggestion forums. Everybody probably knows that Blizzard is probably watching these forums very closely with the xpac so close. I honestly would not be surprised if I received a blue post response.

Ok, as for druids. I think this:

[bold]Resto talent tree passive:
    Chance upon TAKING damage to do one of the following:
    1.The ability to switch back and forth from Normal form,Moonkin form or Treeform for no mana cost; for 30 seconds. OR
    2. Grants 50% haste and boosts Thorns Damage by the characters total Spell Power at the time of the proc. (throws another "thinking on your feet" ability in the mix. no you have to cast thorns while in combat)[bold]

As for Warlocks I have one thing in mind for Afflict and Demonology

Demonology is simple but based on whether or not the BM hunter change goes through. If it did Demonology warlocks would surely gripe about not having two pets like hunters. So this would be added to Demonology spec'd warlocks as well.

[bold]Demonology warlocks now can summon up to twp pets at a time each pet's damage is reduced by 60%.[bold]

Now for affliction locks this is designed to ease the pressure of a "tight rotation" as my cousin informed me. (his main is affliction)

[bold]Affliction warlocks have a 25%-60% chance (yes the RNG is correct between those percentages a "dice like" roll will be made every so often) to proc an ability that boosts the main shadow nuke by 80%-110% for 15 seconds. This makes it spammable and other dots can drop during this time. To add thinking to it. I purpose that it costs 8%-12% character max health per nuke.[bold]

---------- Post added 2010-07-10 at 06:49 AM ----------

I am surprised that the DK idea is not getting much love