10+ Year Old Account

Valithria Dreamwalker's buff

Combing through some logs and trying to figure out 2 things...

1. Why doesn't Earth Shield get empowered by the healing buff?

2. Does Healing Stream Totem get empowered?

Looking at the breakdown here, it seems HST is doing its normal thing:

Ticks: 326
    Avg: 569.0
    Total: 185495
    Overheals: 70.0 %

But if I look at my death log (died right at the end there), I see this fun little line...

[19:15:56.122] Healing Stream Totem IX Healing Stream Totem Beredur +4766

Seems clear enough that the ticks are being empowered... then why is the breakdown so mediocre? Is all of it overheals?

Seems I can't post links >_>
    You can look up The Remnant's last run yesterday on WoLogs and find our Valithria fight there if you feel so inclined.

Quote Originally Posted by tejntanga View Post
    Combing through some logs and trying to figure out 2 things...

1. Why doesn't Earth Shield get empowered by the healing buff?

2. Does Healing Stream Totem get empowered?

Looking at the breakdown here, it seems HST is doing its normal thing:

Ticks: 326
    Avg: 569.0
    Total: 185495
    Overheals: 70.0 %

But if I look at my death log (died right at the end there), I see this fun little line...

[19:15:56.122] Healing Stream Totem IX Healing Stream Totem Beredur +4766

Seems clear enough that the ticks are being empowered... then why is the breakdown so mediocre? Is all of it overheals?

Seems I can't post links >_>
    You can look up The Remnant's last run yesterday on WoLogs and find our Valithria fight there if you feel so inclined.
    There were tons of guilds by that name so I couldn't find the log (server or something to go by?) however assuming the numbers you linked a 569 average heal healing for 4766 is what...8.3 times give or take? 830%, 83 stacks of Val's buff? Looks like it scaled pretty well to me, the WoL would help though.

Unless I'm missing something feel free to tell me >.>

Deleted
    i think that the reason that ES is not empowered is that it is a buff that does not heal on itself. and i also think that it's not the shaman healing the target, but the buff target himself, at least for purposes of empowerment..

maybe you could try putting ES on someone with some stacks, see if that makes a difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps something to do with applying Earth Shield and dropping Healing Stream before the buffs are gained.
    Then the 4766 totem tick was from a fresh totem dropped while having many stacks?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, sorry Zalundia, The Remnant US-Aggramar is what I should have said.

I'll test ES on a target with stacks see is that makes a difference.

As far as the HST, I'm pretty sure it was the same one that I dropped at the beginning of the fight. Honestly, I would have thought that ES would be the one to be empowered of the two, since the healing from HST comes from another "actor" in the fight, one which can't get stacks and instead only benefits from higher SP (and talents/glyphs).

At the end of the fight, I was at some 35 stacks though, nowhere near 83... I'm close to 5k SP though (Gotta love Demo locks) so ticks would be healing for close to 1k normally. Still, not enough for a 4k heal off of 35 stacks. So I'm still confused... am I not reading the log correctly?

There seems to be a post-count limit before I am able to put url links on my posts though.

Let's see if this works...

WoL.com/reports/rt-xflk4hmun3yn8sp5/
    Last edited by tejntanga; 2010-07-12 at 07:34 PM.

ES isn't affected by it. I'm not entirely sure why.

ES is not affected because the ES cannot have stacks of the buff, because it is not a player. The ES is healing the target, not the shaman. At least that's what I think

10+ Year Old Account
    ES doesn't get buffed, and because it hardly procs on VD, i stick it on 1 of the add tanks.
    I use CH/HW/HW spam on her so i'm not even really using the LHW buff off ES on her.

Heal stream does gain with your stacks, and u wont even need to redrop it to apply it.
    mine ticks for about 740ish with no stacks, but the time we're at the end of the fight, its well over 2k, without placing a new 1.
    same with +spell power trinket procs. heal stream immediately gains the sp too.

Quote Originally Posted by ShellPhown View Post
    ES is not affected because the ES cannot have stacks of the buff, because it is not a player. The ES is healing the target, not the shaman. At least that's what I think

There is something in the way ES is coded that causes this. While ES is a "buff" that heals when the target takes damage, it still counts as your heal as far as the combat log is concerned. It's similar to a HoT in that way. It didn't used to though, it used to count as the target healing themselves, which is why you used to see tanks on the healing meters back in the day. They fixed that, but I'm assuming there is some left over bit of code that glitches it on VDW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Must be something to that, Hyper... heck I've seen my Abacus proc off a ES heal, that's MY heal. Sounds like a bug/coding glitch to me, but maybe it's intended. You never know with Blizz...