Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New 31Pt Trees Ideas

Hi, this is my first post so please be kind.

Well today i was really bored and so i tried to guess how the new Priest trees could look like.

That is the result: www war-tools com/t69551 html

So what do you think about it?

Could the new trees look like that?
    Last edited by Baldriel; 2010-07-10 at 07:16 AM.

Deleted
    and for the lazy people:

http://www.war-tools.com/t69551.html

its a legit link, in case people dont trust it

@ OP

as much as i think it looks nice, it probably wont look like that. there are so many changes that we really just cant say anything serious about the 31pt trees

Spell Warding, Blessed Recovery, Blessed Resilience and Focused Will has to be removed. We should be able to do PvP without survival talents or just spending a really reduced amount.

Searing Light just increases healing and damage with any kind of mechanic.

Unbreakable Will part must be removed from Focused Power or the talent would become mandatory for PvP.

Probably there's no reason to keep talents that reduces pushback like Holy Focus.

<Text removed by poster due to idiocy and lack of reading the text>

Change forum post to
    "New 31Pt Trees IDEAS"

Spell Warding, Blessed Recovery, Blessed Resilience and Focused Will has to be removed. We should be able to do PvP without survival talents or just spending a really reduced amount.

Searing Light just increases healing and damage with any kind of mechanic.

Unbreakable Will part must be removed from Focused Power or the talent would become mandatory for PvP.

Probably there's no reason to keep talents that reduces pushback like Holy Focus.
    Well these are good points, but IMO there should still be differences between PvP and PvE speccs.

Quote Originally Posted by Strykie View Post
    Change forum post to
    "New 31Pt Trees IDEAS"
    Done.

wheres penance?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Priests will receive Blood Strike and the ability to wield two handed swords

Quote Originally Posted by lifesavers View Post
    wheres penance?
    Penace is learned at level 10 as a disc priest iirc.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Baldriel View Post
    Hi, this is my first post so please be kind.

Well today i was really bored and so i tried to guess how the new Priest trees could look like.

That is the result: www war-tools com/t69551 html

So what do you think about it?

Could the new trees look like that?
    You messed it up by adding a spell at tier 2, read it carefully, it says you wont be able to learn spells 10 points into a different tree from your main... which means there will be no spells in tier 2

Totally crap tbh, You cant get to final tier without picking up totally useless stuff that you will only need for pvp
    Holy pala's and somewhat ret palas have the same problem nowadays.

Prolly you will see alot of utility in the talent trees and alot less %incr of healing

Keep in mind when making your talent trees for fun you have to take into account. How can I make this feel like x at level 10? Replace x with the type of spec.

Example: How can I make the talent tree feel like a disc talent tree at level 10. Atonement ,Focused power and evangelism does not seem disc priest to me. It just says: Hey I provide dps for you some come take this tree and not holy or shadow.

Shadow weaving is also being removed. I believe it was stated that they want to remove the unfun talents or the necessary talents, shadow weaving falls into that so you can expect it to be gone.
    Last edited by zito; 2010-07-10 at 10:44 PM.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

gotta say im impressed, looks good!

That talent maker is really fun! I've made my own version of Cataclysm Holy Tree.

http://www.war-tools.com/t69591.html

No idea if Divine Fury should be removed, seems too mandatory. : /

I looked at your talent tree, specifically disc because thats what I plan to go down, and the biggest problem is the lack of options. blizzard keeps saying they want to give us options on our talent choices and then in disc just to get to the 3rd tier u have to fill out all of the talents except for 2 points worth. there isn't much option in that.

ww.war-tools.com/t69551.html?b=9s2333133133122122131223213213313122131

i like this spec

wdit still cant post links

There are problems right away.

1. Push-back prevention Talents
    They talked about removing these.

2. Focused Mind
    Very early in the talent tree, and would support a smite DPS build, in some ways more than a Shadow build. In addition, the current amount they have in mind for this talent, for Priests, isn't a 100% translation of spirit to hit. Basically, the spirit translation is meant for healers that off-spec as shadow and want to DPS but only have their healing gear. It's not meant to be there to support smite specs.

3. Veiled Shadows
    While this takes cares of the old psychic scream issue, putting it in reach of healing classes gives them mana gain tools in an expansion Developers want Healers to be in danger of running out of mana in.

4. Silence in Tier 2
    Aside from they said there would be no spells ten points in, giving Holy and Disc access to silence has never been in the Developer's plans to our knowledge.

5. Shadow Weaving

There's not much reason to put Shadow Weaving so low in the tree. It's useless to disc and holy.

6. Improved Mind Blast
    They've never shown an interest in reducing the point required for this talent.

7. Resilient Mind
    Not a chance in hell, especially putting a talent that effects that many shadow spells in the disc tree.

8. Atonement effecting mind blast.
    Mind blast healing targets on top of your VE that gets the benefit of Imp VE without Imp VE? This doesn't seem likely.

9. Pain and Suffering
    30% extra disease damage.. while it makes sense to give the only other Disease using class this ability.. it's just never seemed like Blizzard were interested in doing so.

So many of your changes are wishful thinking..

The changes also don't really offer what the developers are said to be going for, choices. Forcing us to make choices. This doesn't really do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    There are problems right away.
    To 5: Disc subspecs into Holy and Holy into Disc. The Problem is Shadow needs a possibilty to subspec into one tree (that's disc)
    To 6: All talents will be 2-3 pointers. There will be no 5 pointers.
    To 7: Sure it is. We need a possibilty to subspec into disc. Anywhere between 3 and 10 talent points.
    To 8: And again. We need Talents in Disc.

I found this tree on war-tools nice: http://www.war-tools.com/t69562.html
    Last edited by Kaesebrezen; 2010-07-11 at 12:36 PM.

The changes also don't really offer what the developers are said to be going for, choices. Forcing us to make choices. This doesn't really do that.
    GC actually stated that the new trees will only have about 38-42 points in them, and you can only invest a maximum of 3pts per talent. So thats why I didn't even try to make the trees more bloat and slimmed down a lot of talents.
    I really hope they make the new trees good looking, and much better than mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldriel View Post
    GC actually stated that the new trees will only have about 38-42 points in them, and you can only invest a maximum of 3pts per talent. So thats why I didn't even try to make the trees more bloat and slimmed down a lot of talents.
    I really hope they make the new trees good looking, and much better than mine.
    From my knowledge, they played around with numbers and they said you still need 5 points to move to the next tier.

They are also removing pushback talents and +x% increase to shadow/holy. Meaning shadow weaving is also being removed and becoming just a passive 10% bonus threw mastery much like warriors and their arp.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.