Poll: In the battle of the expansions, which one prevailed?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The Burning Crusade.

The only thing that Wotlk brought that was good was more speccs being playable.

Wotlk has as much "kill X and gather Y" quests as TBC, Hello Sholozar Basin!

I like the theme and feeling of TBC, but i enjoy the actual gameplay better in wrath. Imo, the outland zones are the best made in terms of visual appearance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obelodalix View Post
    not this shit again.
    ^ this
    Prot for life!

From my experience Wrath was better. The storytelling and quests were more cohesive and interesting, I actually bothered to read them on my second play through something I'd stopped doing since hitting level 20 on my first ever character. The environments were more detailed and definitely a step up. Gearing up my tank didn't take months to do (looking back my feral druid was never fully defence capped) and I don't care what people say about WoTLK being too easy gear wise- running Shadow Labs over and over is not fun (In fact each dungeon type had to be run a dozen times to become revered and start the over-tuned heroics). Nor was running Kara every week all year for badges and gearing up new recruits.

Everyone says TBC was better because of nostalgia, if those same people played in vanilla they'd talk about how much better those times were than TBC (which is what everyone did pre-wotlk).

A lot of people think TBC was better because they had better experiences, though those experiences are rarely due to a better game. The simple fact is, if you've been playing since TBC you've been playing for years now, what used to be extraordinary (omg a mount) is now mundane. It's the same with Cataclysm. If blizz don't change things enough, and really improve on the game, those changes are going to seem minor in the eyes of the players who are steadily getting more bored with the game they've been logging into for years.

Bc, because it had the most rewarding content.

TBC had actual progression until 2.4 even without the PvP weapons crap. Every single instance was still being done even after 2.4. Wrath threw what little it had out of the window in 3.3, and any older raid was instantly made obsolete by badge gear. TBC had normal and heroic 5man dungeon sets. Wrath has nothing. TBC 5mans heroics were actually challenging. Wrath 5mans apart from those introduced in Icecrown patch are piece of shit AoE fests. Wrath has fucking Vault of Archavon, the most pointless instance ever created. During TBC, subscriber numbers only grew. During Wrath, subscriber numbers stopped rising and began to drop.

Gee, I sure wonder which one is the better expansion. Wrath did fix a lot of specs, credit where it's due. But that alone does not outweigh all the crap it has and what TBC hadn't.
    Last edited by Eversor; 2010-07-10 at 03:43 AM.

I'd go with Wrath because everything is so polished. I'd definitely agree that the instances in TBC all had the purplish glow and the quests were rehashes of Vanilla quests. The addition of dual-spec this expansion was a godsend. Additionally, every class has three viable trees. In TBC, if you were a paladin that didn't tank or heal, you were labeled a "Retnoob." Today each tree has its own usefulness.

Quote Originally Posted by Harléquin View Post
    Everything was better in TBC you had great raids, great world pvp (like the isle of Q was so much joy they should bring it back in cata i miss it )
    Gear looked better and there was no SOTA IOTC or WG thank god Vech pvp is horrid
    The world pvp is the same, isle of conquest gets destroyed by WG during the off hours.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

tbh i like all 3. Vanilla, BC, Wotlk i like all for different reasons. Ill go with Wotlk i guess.

I guess its because i dont care about 5 mans. Ive had just as much fun doing 10/25 mans this expansion as i did in BC and 40 mans in vanilla.

Sorry to break it to you but 5 mans were not that challenging in BC either. Shadow Labs and maybe Shattered Halls were the only ones i had problems with.

I personally loved WOTLK mainly because I liked Northrend, and I am a big fan of Arthas too.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would have to say wrath on just the newness of some of the features into the game. In bc you were pretty much a non raider as a ret pally in wrath they fixed a ton of classes that actually made them viable. Also in game cinematics (WrathGate for one was epic the first time i saw it). Phasing was also a great design/programming idea to aactually see the changes to the game world that your playing in was really nice.The lfg tool is awsome and was one of the best ideas that blizz has come out with. Account gear was also a good addition for players that like to roll alts. The only complaints i have about wrath is the multi-badge system. 5 diffrent types of badges was a bit of an overkill, The entire DK class(the starting area was fun) for 1 good dk there are 5 terrible ones its not the class is bad maybe its just the over population of them as a whole.