Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I played heroic leap in the 4.0 PTR and it sucked. Jump, people move, land, charge on CD gg.

it wasnt implemented due to people getting into wierd areas on maps, terrian exploits ect. and jumping from extremly high ledges and leaping befor landing with no fall dmg.

one question to anyone playing beta right now... can you Hleap up Z axis? like up on the BEM arena bridge, or dalaran sewers top section, or ROV pillars? I never tried this back in TBC. if it works It makes it slightly more useful.

Overall very lakcluster lvl 85 ability compared to, smoke bomb, wall of frost, life grip ect. Remove from charge CD would be slightly better but overall nothx.
    ALL DAY SON ALLLLLLLLLLLLL DAY.

Quote Originally Posted by nightowl55 View Post
    Ahh...thanks. Well warriors seem to be boring come Cata. Does anyone know how long a caster (mage) will take to level to 85?
    It really depends on your speed spec and your ability. Mage can level extremelty efficiently with aoe grinding though so once you get your abilities quicker than most.

Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    My guess is that every class will take around the same time to level in the expansion. If I were you though; I'd enjoy the content instead of trying to level as fast as possible ^^
    Hmm.. I bet It will take just as much time to be competitive in pvp to level a caster from 0-85 as it would to get the best in slot for a warrior at 80-85 to be competitive in pvp....

Hmm.. I bet It will take just as much time to be competitive in pvp to level a caster from 0-85 as it would to get the best in slot for a warrior at 80-85 to be competitive in pvp....
    Except warriors are fine without hard to get bis stuff. Unless you count t2 weapon as hard to get. Also melee always dominate early in an expac with low haste and resilience numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjenk View Post
    Except warriors are fine without hard to get bis stuff. Unless you count t2 weapon as hard to get. Also melee always dominate early in an expac with low haste and resilience numbers.
    I thought it was the other way around. Melee is very gear dependent and the best gear takes forever to get, while casters do not scale no where near as much with gear and will own melee until they gear up....Which is why you always have melee being good at the end of the expansion....

Different classes scale better with some stats than others. Flatly stating that 'casters don't scale' is incorrect and overgeneralizing. In fact, there are plenty of casters that still wreck dps charts at top tier content.

I thought it was the other way around. Melee is very gear dependent and the best gear takes forever to get, while casters do not scale no where near as much with gear and will own melee until they gear up....Which is why you always have melee being good at the end of the expansion....
    pve wise yes. In top tier pvp gear with easy to get pve peices ie boe's rep ring etc they are fine.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjenk View Post
    pve wise yes. In top tier pvp gear with easy to get pve peices ie boe's rep ring etc they are fine.
    So the best in slot gear is going to be easy to get pve pieces that are boe's?

Warriors are also getting Single Minded Fury (which I guess isn't really an attack, but rather a play style) and a new single-target DPS attack to replace the removal of Whirlwind in the Fury Warrior's priorities. (Whirlwind is being turned from a full-strength attack that happens to hit four people into a full-blown AoE that hits everyone around them for half of the damage it used to boast.)

Quote Originally Posted by Hilarity View Post
    Warriors are also getting Single Minded Fury (which I guess isn't really an attack, but rather a play style) and a new single-target DPS attack to replace the removal of Whirlwind in the Fury Warrior's priorities. (Whirlwind is being turned from a full-strength attack that happens to hit four people into a full-blown AoE that hits everyone around them for half of the damage it used to boast.)
    Sounds like a nerf...

How on earth can you say it's a nerf? Blizzard wants WW to be an AoE only thing and that's ok. Single Minded Fury allows us to use 2x 1handers rather than 2x 2handers.

Titans Grip = 2x 2handers @ -10% physical damage
    SMF = 2x 1handers @ +20% dmg increase + Cleave & Slam hits with both weapons.

These two talents are really easily balanced (note: still in beta as well) because it's just a quick number switch in the % damage modifier.

Sounds like a nerf...
    Sounds like balance.

Seriously Whirlwind is tuned for a singletarget use, which leads it to give *free* damage everytime it hits another target, as it is balanced for a single target. [Butters voice] Do you know what I'm Saying? [/Butters voice].

Making it a full AoE skill opens up more diverse playstyles, but we haven't seen the new attack replacing it yet, so we can't judge yet.

I do not approve of making Fury another proc-based tree like arms though, as that just makes us loose the flavor of a tree (VR+Slam procs ~ SD+OP procs) I am truly happy with SMF though, I want to be able to use DW 1h again.. I hate DW 2h fury so much that I rolled a frost DK for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickwickman View Post
    I want to be able to use DW 1h again.. I hate DW 2h fury so much that I rolled a frost DK for it.
    Amen brother, I used to love playing fury back in BC, 2k deps on akama was hot sex.

I didn't once find playing fury in wotlk fun.

Plus competing with every ret and DK and sometimes feral out there for STR 2'hrs sucks.
    ALL DAY SON ALLLLLLLLLLLLL DAY.

Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    How on earth can you say it's a nerf? Blizzard wants WW to be an AoE only thing and that's ok. Single Minded Fury allows us to use 2x 1handers rather than 2x 2handers.

Titans Grip = 2x 2handers @ -10% physical damage
    SMF = 2x 1handers @ +20% dmg increase + Cleave & Slam hits with both weapons.

These two talents are really easily balanced (note: still in beta as well) because it's just a quick number switch in the % damage modifier.
    If you think using two one handers are better than useing two, two handers....i have some real estate I want to sell you....!!!

Let me try to put it to you this way:

Let's assume that a fury warrior using 2x 2handers does 10,000 dps. (this is with the -10% physical damage)
    Now assume that the same fury warrior uses a couple of 1handers and does 30% less damage (that's 7,000 if you didn't know).
    Now, in Cataclysm, assuming they use the same numbers (which they won't), the talent SMF adds 20% damage (that's 30% more than with the TG talent). Oh look! They both do 10,000 now! It's balanced!

Now let's say that each tier, TG ends up doing a little bit more dps than SMF. Since the talent uses a % modifier, Blizzard can easily just change the number so they do (wait for it)... THE SAME DPS AGAIN!

TL;DR: I'll say what I said in another post to you. It's beta. Things change. Please stop trolling half the Warrior Forum.
    Last edited by Radux; 2010-07-11 at 12:39 AM. Reason: Fixed Spelling.

i dont know about you fellow warriors, but im pumped for SMF
    Quote Originally Posted by Synwyn View Post
    My first raiding guild, way back in Vanilla WoW - Kaywarrior was our DPS warrior. After a billion Nef kills, Ashkandi finally dropped. He jerked off on vent. Literally jerked off while keyed in. Best moment ever.
    Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivehn View Post
    Same! do you think they will let warriors DW at level 10? im planing on getting one hand heirlooms.
    DW at 10 like now?

Yup.

SMF at 10?

No.

Either way I've rerolled to another server for kicks and giggles - although I may go back to home server for Cat since I'll have an actual "bankroll" - and I can't wait to make a new Worgen Warrior.

I'm more of the TG school than the SMF, but that's because I want to be a giant werewolf running around and clobbering folks with ginormous chunks of iron in my claws. Then again I may go SMF if they release some sweet claws (thinking the MH/OH from Hyjal model) because well .... come on!

10+ Year Old Account
    Warriors got jipped on the new and exciting move department. Not many new moves from talents. Fury might get one they said.

Looks like Rogues and Warriors are the only 2 classes that got jipped on the revamp talent-wise.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama