15+ Year Old Account

Stampeding Roar's Future

so what do you guys think blizzard will do whit this abiliy?

a lot of fights are about movement, if not all of them. and a lot of bosses do 1 movement depending thing every 30 econds

so whit a 2 minute cooldown it means if uhave 4 druid can have it up every 30 seconds, this would be way OP for fights like icehowl or LK

since moment is so overpowered i first expet blizzard to give this imbaness other classes aswel, but then every raid would have it up. this way blizzard is forced to balance aroung a grup always having the buff

an other thing is if the cooldown goes up to like 10 minutes then you realyhave to use it as a cooldown and u rpobely end up forgetting to use it or use it to late

but in its current form its it no limited to ferals. since its not a talent even a boomking could stop dpsing for 8 seconds going in kitty or bear and use it or even a tree can stack up its hots and shift to kitty and bear and use it. so even if you guild is doing 25 mans whit 1 kitty 1 bear 1 moonkin and 1 tree u can still keep the buff up every 30 seconds
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

If your healers are wasting mana to shift into cat or bear to use a 6 second speed boost that other classes will also bring then you're in a fail raid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

i think its fail spell addition, they should give us roar from wc3...(nerfed)

15+ Year Old Account
    Logic is not Automatic, it can be denied.
    tbh this spell might make certian encounters too easy, I agree with giving it to a 2nd class, shamans, mages or priest make the most sense to me as viable options.

Giving it to another class with solve nothing, we got through WoTLK with only shamans having BL didn't we?

Encounters are not balanced around a specific set up... Especially in 10 mans, your just simply not guaranteed a druid. Same goes with shamans.

I can see this ability being amazing for PvP BG's and that will likely be the reason the CD will be made longer, but i think it would be highly situational and rarely ever used in a PVE environment. And i will be even more surprised if a guild could not complete a boss simply because they didn't have a druid.

Cool ability, they'll be a niche for it somewhere, but nowt for sure that its going to be nerfed

This spell is a very sad excuse for a new feral ability, especially from a cat perspective (being the ONLY new spell at this time).
    The 6 sec duration is not very long and combined with a relative high CD (should be decreased to 2mins at least) it makes the spell extremely situational.
    I really hope it will get removed during beta and ideally replaced with useful cat ability. Right now it is by far the lamest Cataclysm spell of all classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Higgi View Post
    This spell is a very sad excuse for a new feral ability, especially from a cat perspective (being the ONLY new spell at this time).
    The 6 sec duration is not very long and combined with a relative high CD (should be decreased to 2mins at least) it makes the spell extremely situational.
    I really hope it will get removed during beta and ideally replaced with useful cat ability. Right now it is by far the lamest Cataclysm spell of all classes.
    ^
    QFT

but its not ONLY spell what feral kitty is getting SKULL BASH is second. And its not talent.

If I recall that one correctly priest can already boost peoples speed by shielding them or something like that (if specced for it that is). Its of situational use, but with our ferals ability cooldown it will be way more situational I guess. Most of time it will probably just block another keybind.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeran View Post
    If I recall that one correctly priest can already boost peoples speed by shielding them or something like that (if specced for it that is). Its of situational use, but with our ferals ability cooldown it will be way more situational I guess. Most of time it will probably just block another keybind.

Holy priests when specced into body and soul, but it'll clash with disc bubbles.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

Quote Originally Posted by M4dus View Post
    but its not ONLY spell what feral kitty is getting SKULL BASH is second. And its not talent.
    True, forgot about Skull Bash, but it is not like it is that new. It is kinda like Charge + Kick (or Feral Charge Bear without the immobilize ) plus a two talent point investment to make it really useful.
    Well, I guess this is what we get for being the spec with arguably the best gameplay at the moment, little room for improvement left. Hopefully we get to see some changes with the new 31 point trees.
    Last edited by Higgi; 2010-07-11 at 11:34 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.X View Post
    tbh this spell might make certian encounters too easy, I agree with giving it to a 2nd class, shamans, mages or priest make the most sense to me as viable options.
    if 2nd class might get it, then blizzard probely has to balance aroung raid having it, if they dont hne its verry powerfull

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    If your healers are wasting mana to shift into cat or bear to use a 6 second speed boost that other classes will also bring then you're in a fail raid.
    why like 200 mana to go in cat ? and afterall blzizard wants druid to shift more. so i dont see the problem especaily since its only 6 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by M4dus View Post
    this is since LK, blizzard has no idea what todo whit ferals, all classes got a new ability like forst fire bold choas bold and a lot of others,. ferals however got a bezerk as blzizard could not thin kof anything to give to us
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah... Just because I don't think anyone paid attention to my thread or it was lost.

Shifting now costs 5% of your base mana. It's nothing now.

Only 6 seconds ????
    thats a long time... really
    Dsanc (20% less damage to raid) lasts 6 seconds
    AM twice power auras lasts 6 seconds
    Those by far are the most powerful raid saving CDs in game (non healing pov)

Its a good ability that will help druids bring something to the raid...
    Often i feel a little left out the pressures of healing ect...(probs just be overlooking fun stuff we have)

Other classes get to handle precious dispels. Iron council, LK, all kinds of stuff
    Tank saving CDs to be used..think mimiron/Os 3d
    Maybe this is just me, generally healing assigns are dull for druids. Druid: RAID. shaman x, focus tanks and do dispells, tank saving CD order. x y z q r Will be called for on vent be ready.
    Also interrupts.

Its something different and fun... or it will just speed up GY runs

15+ Year Old Account
    i didnt mean 6 seconds was to short, i meant that i dont see a poblem for a restoO druid to use it for 6 seconds and you only loose 6 seconds on healing time while u can put hots up before that
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    This ability won`t make a huge difference, mark my words. Only place where i barely see any utility is the death beams at Halion 25hc, where lets say a caster needs to finish updating dots or casting their spells. Then you can save them - to some extent - with that. But even here, it sounds actually retarded to do so. So, I really don't think this ability will be OP. Its just a matter whether you could raid before you knew this existed, or after. Just my 2 cents

It will either be amazing or a "meh" ability. Depending on how Blizzard makes the encounters.

hmm i am thinking here Worgan cat pop racial speed, dash, stampeding roar :P so 70% +70% +40%= ONE FAST KITTY closing in to EAT YOU woot