Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Necro View Post
    The debuff should definitely be "Bleeding Ears".
    Definatly!

TC is perfectly fine now.... this idea makes tanking too easy on warrior, almost as easy as with paladin.
    just spam TC and you get the aggro...or then tc does too less threat and its useless.

If you cant keep aggro with current, l2p, you should be doing sunders and revenge(hits 2 targets as prot) and shield slams on the mobs instead of relying only on TC.
    I dont lose aggro in heroics ever on aoe grps when people are aoeing. i havent tanked raids for a while now tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Battousai View Post
    In vanilla? I did...with my Ashkandi, as an arms warrior.
    31/5/15 build? Good times.

But that is exactly what I am talking about, we only had warriors there. And we had tons of aoe tanking going on there, even in 5-mans. Albeit we did use lots of CC

Quote Originally Posted by Wombus View Post
    So, the way I see it the current thunderclap model makes things very difficult if adds join when TC is on CD
    It's not 'very difficult', and you should stop blaming the game for your own inadequacies if you think so. It may be a challenge however, and some people actually like that.

If Thunderclap is on cooldown, you still have charge, intercept, intervene ready, shockwave, AOE taunt, and cleave, not to mention the recently buffed Revenge-cleave, which in my opinion has dumbed down the warrior class enough as it is.

Thunderclap and warriors are fine as it is, if you want balance between the classes... call for their nerfs not our buffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinjan View Post
    A bleed doesn't fit the idea of Thunderclap, you're stomping the ground and the force damages those around, there's no slicing or chopping going on.

What about:
    Aftershock - The ground is still resonating from the warrior's Thunderclap, Dealing X damage 3 seconds after the initial clap.
    I think the concept goes well with Thunderclap but the wording fits with Shockwave better. Its doesn't have to do a lot of damage just enough to get threat, and it triggers in between the Thunderclap cooldown. It kind of feels like consecrate but it only ticks once.
    Hmm...Aftershock or Bleeding Ears?

Im going to with Aftershock as it sounds like the shock and stun tactics that a warrior would employ.

Anyone got any other names for this proposed bleed? (which I think is quite a nice idea actually)

I really like this idea, I can't count how many times I've had adds jump with TC/Shockwave/Challenging Shout down, especially when I first started tanking.

The only drawback would be the loss of the current debuff TC offers.

Game in general is moving towards less emphasis on AoE. I have 3 80's but I was recently leveling a new toon from 1 to 80 and the thing that strikes me the most is how every pull in the game is now AoE based. When I originally leveled my toons, there was a lot of CC, there were pulls where if a rogue didn't sap and the mage didn't sheep, we would wipe. Currently every single pull in every single instance can be aoe'd. The game is now moving away from that model, because it simply isn't as fun, changing TC to accommodate a game environment that will hopefully change with cataclysm doesn't make sense to me. A bleed on TC would only further homogenize the tanking classes. Why have pally, druid, warrior, and death knight when you can have just one class called tank?